Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    You need to get off your high horse my friend. Everyone hates Duke because the media thinks they're gods gift to basketball every year. We're tired of hearing about Duke every god damn day, even when they aren't doing well it's a front page news story on their game and how they're looking.

    That and you've got guys like Dickie V sucking their nuts everytime he does a game making up excuses to why they're losing. Then Billy Packer defending Henderson's shot to Hansbrough's face. And Coach K having an interview every day on SC.

    You need to realize that Duke is not good this year. I've called it all year long yet you refuse to believe it. I called you not doing well in the ACC, I called an early exit in the ACC tourney, and I'm calling a 1st or 2nd round exit in the tourney. And you also need to realize that the only reason Duke got a top 25 preseason ranking was because they were Duke.

    Everyone else on here realizes it, and it's about time you do too. It's not that we're Duke haters, it's that we can see the forest through the trees.

    Next year if everyone comes back you'll be very good and next year I'll respect that you are a good team. But this year you aren't and I won't respect Duke as a good team, because they aren't.

    Perhaps the reason the media talks about Duke so muc his because they have been the pride of the NCAA and the most successful team in the last 15 years or so, and they have done it with exteam class.
    A 1st round exit? do any of you who say this care for a sig bet?

    What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

    2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
      Perhaps the reason the media talks about Duke so muc his because they have been the pride of the NCAA and the most successful team in the last 15 years or so, and they have done it with exteam class.
      A 1st round exit? do any of you who say this care for a sig bet?
      I said a first or second round exit depending on who they get. I'll wait and see when the bracket comes out. Because if they get a cupcake first game then there's no sense in making the bet. But if they get a hard game I'll make that bet.

      I think they deserve about an 8 or 9 seed this year, but they'll get a 5 or 6 unfortunately.

      Perhaps the media should realize that Duke is not good this year and leave it alone instead of making excuse after excuse for them. Oh they're "inexperienced," oh they're "inconsistent." Well you should've never put them in the top 25 to begin with then. I'm tired of Dickie V singing their praises when they win but making up pathetic excuses when they lose.

      Maybe we wouldn't be doing this if they weren't ranked right now, but as the #21 team in the nation bowing out early to NC State, there is no excuse to that. And a #21 team doesn't go 8-8 in the conference either.


      Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

      Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
        You need to get off your high horse my friend. Everyone hates Duke because the media thinks they're gods gift to basketball every year. We're tired of hearing about Duke every god damn day, even when they aren't doing well it's a front page news story on their game and how they're looking.

        That and you've got guys like Dickie V sucking their nuts everytime he does a game making up excuses to why they're losing. Then Billy Packer defending Henderson's shot to Hansbrough's face. And Coach K having an interview every day on SC.

        You need to realize that Duke is not good this year. I've called it all year long yet you refuse to believe it. I called you not doing well in the ACC, I called an early exit in the ACC tourney, and I'm calling a 1st or 2nd round exit in the tourney. And you also need to realize that the only reason Duke got a top 25 preseason ranking was because they were Duke.

        Everyone else on here realizes it, and it's about time you do too. It's not that we're Duke haters, it's that we can see the forest through the trees.

        Next year if everyone comes back you'll be very good and next year I'll respect that you are a good team. But this year you aren't and I won't respect Duke as a good team, because they aren't.
        I hate Notre Dame in football cuz the media makes them out to be God's gift of football.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by yodachu View Post
          I hate Notre Dame in football cuz the media makes them out to be God's gift of football.
          Exactly, and that's how Duke is in Basketball. Your views towards ND are pretty much everyone not a Duke fan's view towards the Blue Devils.

          Although Duke is actually good most of the time. But this year is an exception. Duke is not a good team this year yet every story on College GameDay seems to be talking about them, which is really sickening.

          I realize that they are a prestigious program in CB, but it's time to give other schools their due and leave the Duke talk for next year when they'll actually be good.


          Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

          Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
            Exactly, and that's how Duke is in Basketball. Your views towards ND are pretty much everyone not a Duke fan's view towards the Blue Devils.

            Although Duke is actually good most of the time. But this year is an exception. Duke is not a good team this year yet every story on College GameDay seems to be talking about them, which is really sickening.

            I realize that they are a prestigious program in CB, but it's time to give other schools their due and leave the Duke talk for next year when they'll actually be good.
            But I bet at least one person on ESPN makes Duke out to be a Cindarella making the elite 8/final 4 as a number 6 seed. I think they should be a 7 seed at best.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              I said a first or second round exit depending on who they get. I'll wait and see when the bracket comes out. Because if they get a cupcake first game then there's no sense in making the bet. But if they get a hard game I'll make that bet.

              I think they deserve about an 8 or 9 seed this year, but they'll get a 5 or 6 unfortunately.

              Perhaps the media should realize that Duke is not good this year and leave it alone instead of making excuse after excuse for them. Oh they're "inexperienced," oh they're "inconsistent." Well you should've never put them in the top 25 to begin with then. I'm tired of Dickie V singing their praises when they win but making up pathetic excuses when they lose.

              Maybe we wouldn't be doing this if they weren't ranked right now, but as the #21 team in the nation bowing out early to NC State, there is no excuse to that. And a #21 team doesn't go 8-8 in the conference either.
              Those arn't excuses they're facts.....



              BTW the rest of our Duke vs. Illinois conversation may slow down because i go on spring break tomorrow. I will be skiing in the Rockies so it might be kinda hard.We'll see.Sorry this is taking so long, but I have midterms and stuff before spring break.

              What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

              2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                Those arn't excuses they're facts.....



                BTW the rest of our Duke vs. Illinois conversation may slow down because i go on spring break tomorrow. I will be skiing in the Rockies so it might be kinda hard.We'll see.Sorry this is taking so long, but I have midterms and stuff before spring break.
                Then they shouldn't be in the top 25 TT. If those right there are facts, then you aren't a top 25 team.

                My whole argument against Duke is that they shouldn't have been a top 25 team to begin with, and they aren't one now because they are inexperienced and inconsistent. Yet you shoot me down and tell me they are. I'm sorry buddy but your performance in the ACC and this most recent first round exit say otherwise. And no, I'm not saying we're a top 25 team either. Talent wise, yes we are IMO, but we do not deserve to be in the top 25 at all for obvious reasons.

                I have the utmost respect for the Duke program. Sure I hate them, but I realize that they are usually very good every year, this season being an exception to that. And you've been spoiled as a fan to great teams every year. And I think you don't want to admit that this is not a good year for you.

                Every team has down years. This year can be considered a down year for us from 2 years ago when we went to the National Title Game. You can't expect to compete for a championship every season, it's just not going to happen. And you need to realize that there are rebuilding phases in CB. And this is certainly one of those years for Duke.

                Like I said, next year I'm all for Duke being a top 25 team b/c they'll return pretty much everyone, but not this year. And the media needs to get off Duke and focus on teams like OSU, Kansas, Florida, UCLA, Wisky, and the rest of the contenders this season.


                Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                Comment


                • im actually wondering if duke is outta the tournament cause theyre likely to fall out of the top 25 and if a team like NC st. and Miami wins the ACC tourney by some suprise thats an extra ACC team that dosent deserve to be in and basically almost the whole conference will be in so duke might be omited- i know im a hater and im opptimisic but is there a possiblity?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by WildDude View Post
                    im actually wondering if duke is outta the tournament cause theyre likely to fall out of the top 25 and if a team like NC st. and Miami wins the ACC tourney by some suprise thats an extra ACC team that dosent deserve to be in and basically almost the whole conference will be in so duke might be omited- i know im a hater and im opptimisic but is there a possiblity?
                    Uh no. Duke's in without a doubt. They're a lock for the Tourney. Probably as a 6 seed, although they should be at an 8 or 9 seed.

                    Duke will not miss this tournament. TT is gonna flip out though on this one.


                    Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                      Then they shouldn't be in the top 25 TT. If those right there are facts, then you aren't a top 25 team.

                      My whole argument against Duke is that they shouldn't have been a top 25 team to begin with, and they aren't one now because they are inexperienced and inconsistent. Yet you shoot me down and tell me they are. I'm sorry buddy but your performance in the ACC and this most recent first round exit say otherwise. And no, I'm not saying we're a top 25 team either. Talent wise, yes we are IMO, but we do not deserve to be in the top 25 at all for obvious reasons.

                      I have the utmost respect for the Duke program. Sure I hate them, but I realize that they are usually very good every year, this season being an exception to that. And you've been spoiled as a fan to great teams every year. And I think you don't want to admit that this is not a good year for you.

                      Every team has down years. This year can be considered a down year for us from 2 years ago when we went to the National Title Game. You can't expect to compete for a championship every season, it's just not going to happen. And you need to realize that there are rebuilding phases in CB. And this is certainly one of those years for Duke.

                      Like I said, next year I'm all for Duke being a top 25 team b/c they'll return pretty much everyone, but not this year. And the media needs to get off Duke and focus on teams like OSU, Kansas, Florida, UCLA, Wisky, and the rest of the contenders this season.
                      Duke isn't a top 25 team after that loss if there was a coaches poll monday. Do I think they deserved to be there before that loss? Of course.

                      BTW McRoberts may not return next season. I personally don't expect him to.

                      What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

                      2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by WildDude View Post
                        im actually wondering if duke is outta the tournament cause theyre likely to fall out of the top 25 and if a team like NC st. and Miami wins the ACC tourney by some suprise thats an extra ACC team that dosent deserve to be in and basically almost the whole conference will be in so duke might be omited- i know im a hater and im opptimisic but is there a possiblity?
                        Billy Packer would bust a nut.

                        Comment


                        • Marquette out of the Big East tourney after losing to Pitt after beating them the first 2 times.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by WildDude View Post
                            im actually wondering if duke is outta the tournament cause theyre likely to fall out of the top 25 and if a team like NC st. and Miami wins the ACC tourney by some suprise thats an extra ACC team that dosent deserve to be in and basically almost the whole conference will be in so duke might be omited- i know im a hater and im opptimisic but is there a possiblity?
                            Oh.my. Favre. Are you ******* kidding me? that is all.

                            What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

                            2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                              Uh no. Duke's in without a doubt. They're a lock for the Tourney. Probably as a 6 seed, although they should be at an 8 or 9 seed.

                              Duke will not miss this tournament. TT is gonna flip out though on this one.
                              That does deserve a flip out because it's absolutly somthing a uninformed Duke hater would say, and you know Duke is in, easily at that. I'm not going to watse my time however.

                              What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                              they get smoked.

                              2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                              Hint:Not the Bears.

                              Comment


                              • All the WAC tournament games are at my campus so I get to watch all of them for $20. BRING ON BOISE STATE!!!!! New Mexico State is so going to win the conference. I watched the Boise State vs Fresno State game and Boise has some fine cheerleaders. Damn Ian Johnson, Chrissy Popadicks is even hotter in person. I couldnt even pay attention to the game. She is f'n hot.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information