Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
    Originally posted by sweetness34
    Oh and my pick to win the Nat'l Title this season is UNC. Hansborough is the best post player in the country and with the added talent and returning talent, I think they take it.

Repeating is SO tough, and with UNC's added talent, I give them the edge. Plus Joakim Noah is the most overrated player in the nation. He's a rich man's Tyson Chandler. I still don't know how he's a top 5 pick. :?
    PREDICTION: Noahs stock will drop he will go 15-20 and wish he would have declared last year.
    I'll agree with that. His game is garbage. He's all hustle and tenacity. That's it. Like I said, he's a rich man's Tyson Chandler. A tad more offensive ability but that's it.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Watch out for my Ducks this year. They were probably the biggest under-achievers in the nation last season. Tons of talent on this team. We should compete for the Pac-10 title. Keep an eye on 5-6 freshman guard Tajuan Porter. He was Malik Hairston's teammate at Detroit's Renaissance HS. Kid is cat-quick with ridiculous range. In 2 exhibition games, he logged 56 minutes, shot 11-21 from beyond the arc, had 8 boards, 4 steals, and 8 assists.

In the Basketball Travelers Classic against Lehigh, he had a game high 27 points while shooting 5-10 on threes, 10-11 from the stripe, with 2 boards and 5 assists. He and Aaron Brooks give us great depth at PG. The 3 point shooting will be unbelievable on this team with the aforementioned guards, Chamberlain Oguchi, and Bryce Taylor. Maarty Leunen is one of the most underrated players in the country. He is a great shooter, and probably our best rebounder. Despite some of the bigger names on the team, I honestly think he is our best overall player. Hairston hasn't realized his potential yet. If he and Ray Schaeffer step up this year, the Ducks will go far. I'm pretty excited about our squad this year. Just wish we had a better coach.

Comment

I'll say a Sweet 16 appearance and I'll make an early prediction that we win the Big 10 Tourny at the UC.
        Sorry, but that will be

Comment

I think the Hoosiers will finish 3rd in the Big Ten, get about a 4 or 5 seed and go to the Sweet 16. That's my prediction.

Comment

That's fine, you crazy kids count out Ohio State. Once we get Oden for Big Ten play, we'll be NASTY!

Anyways, I'm not a giant College B-Ball fan, but I'll go to some games and watch most on TV. Basketball always alluded me as a sport.

I think OSU will struggle early without Oden, though they looked good last night and started getting it in the second half. We'll lose to UNC and Florida, but once Big Ten play hits, and Oden is back, we'll be right up there and take the Big Ten tournament. Matta is a beast of a coach.

Follow Me on Twitter!
            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

When is Oden expected to be back?

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93
                That's fine, you crazy kids count out Ohio State. Once we get Oden for Big Ten play, we'll be NASTY!

Anyways, I'm not a giant College B-Ball fan, but I'll go to some games and watch most on TV. Basketball always alluded me as a sport.

I think OSU will struggle early without Oden, though they looked good last night and started getting it in the second half. We'll lose to UNC and Florida, but once Big Ten play hits, and Oden is back, we'll be right up there and take the Big Ten tournament. Matta is a beast of a coach.
                Im not a big fan of the NBA, but I love college basketball. And with Wisconsin and Marquette it will be a great year for me. I expect it to be a close race for the title between Wisconsin and OSU, but in the NCAA touney they should both get a high seed anyway.

And Cards, Im thinking IU will be anywhere from 4-6 in the Big Ten and around a 7-10 seed

Comment

Originally posted by GB12
                  Im not a big fan of the NBA, but I love college basketball.
                  Same here. NCAA>>>>NBA. Like MLB, I really don't watch the NBA closely until postseason.

Comment

Im not a big fan of the NBA, but I love college basketball. And with Wisconsin and Marquette it will be a great year for me. I expect it to be a close race for the title between Wisconsin and OSU, but in the NCAA touney they should both get a high seed anyway.

And Cards, Im thinking IU will be anywhere from 4-6 in the Big Ten and around a 7-10 seed
                    Oh yeah, Wisconsin is a great team, and I think Illinois will do one of the extremes. Either choke hard, or beat teams they shouldn't and be at the top of the Big Ten.

I don't watch the NBA at all, which hurts because I never really "learned" basketball. I understand the basics, but I don't get all the fouls and strategy and such. So, I'll probably comment all year and look like a homer or a rookie :P

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason
                      Same here. NCAA>>>>NBA. Like MLB, I really don't watch the NBA closely until postseason.
                      In the NBA I cant watch other teams games without being bored out of my mind. But I can watch almost any major conference game in college. they are just so much more exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason
                        In the NBA I cant watch other teams games without being bored out of my mind. But I can watch almost any major conference game in college. they are just so much more exciting.
                        CHECK UR PM'S

Comment

watch out for my cuse this year.

3 returning seniors, watkins, roberts, and nichols. 2nd year vet devendorf had a great freshman season and looks to do it again. freshman paul harris has looked very sharp with the little action i saw. lack good depth but have enough to get it done.

if theres a year for us to go deep in march its this year, becase of the seniors. just my opinion.

GO 'CUSE!

Comment

There seem to be A LOT of good teams. It will be an exciting year. But is it wrong that I don't get up much for the regular season? I just feel like if you are halfway decent, you'll make the tourney and go from there. Especially out of conference stuff, I don't quite care as much.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Oh yeah, Wisconsin is a great team, and I think Illinois will do one of the extremes. Either choke hard, or beat teams they shouldn't and be at the top of the Big Ten.

I don't watch the NBA at all, which hurts because I never really "learned" basketball. I understand the basics, but I don't get all the fouls and strategy and such. So, I'll probably comment all year and look like a homer or a rookie :P
                              I beleive that UW and OSU will be 1-3 seeds, Illinois a 4-6seed, and Indiana, Michigan, MSU to be in it.
                              Last edited by GB12; 02-26-2007, 12:34 AM.

Comment

I'll say a Sweet 16 appearance and I'll make an early prediction that we win the Big 10 Tourny at the UC.
                                Sorry, but that will be

Nope...It's at the UC and Illinois always does well at the UC. If we are hitting on all cylinders, we are without question a top 15 team this season IMO. But we have a lot of "ifs" that need to be addressed.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information