No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for people: Have you ever gotten the Final Four right???

Tell year and teams

For me: 2004 UCONN, Oklahoma State, Duke, Georgia Tech :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
      Just do one bracket!!! Doing several is like cheating, but if you're gonna put Duke in the Elite 8 you can throw that bracket out
      No, its not....if u are in different pools. I am in sevaral pools.

Comment

Question for people: Have you ever gotten the Final Four right???

Tell year and teams

For me: 2004 UCONN, Oklahoma State, Duke, Georgia Tech :)
        Me 2! I had UConn over OK State though, and not Georgia Tech. I still came in 3rd in my pool and won $200

Paul

New York Giants
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks (unfortunately)
        UConn Basketball
        Virginia Tech Football
        UConn Football

Comment

• Originally posted by yodachu View Post
          No, its not....if u are in different pools. I am in sevaral pools.
          Do it if you're trying different ones for money, but if you get the Final Four right don't say you did it b/c you really did numerous brackets and one of your dozen was right

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
            Me 2! I had UConn over OK State though, and not Georgia Tech. I still came in 3rd in my pool and won $200
            Nice; I had Duke over OK State in the final :(

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              Um no they weren't. Sean May, Juwad Williams, David Noel, Raymond Felton, and Rashad McCants were all upperclassmen.

And yes TT, explain to me why you went 8-8 in the conference and why you lost in the ACC Tournament...I'm all eyes.
              Were they? I thought they were sophmores for some reason... I'll take your word for it. However, in my opinion their key to success that season was Marvin Williams who was a freshman.

I feel that the explanation is really quit simple. Duke has the talent in place, but they are unexpiranced this is part of their " struggles" if you can even call it that. But the real reason? Not in my eyes. The Athleticism of the ACC was what contributed vastly to their difficulties. Duke always has and probably always will match up terrible with overly Athletic teams. ( See LSU game last year virgina tech and Maryland this year). They do excellent in half set courts, but when they get matched up with an athletic team like Maryland or UNC in a transition game it gets out of hand. When Duke can Grind, they always win. This is the true battle of playing Duke . If you can overcome their will to establish their tempo to the game you will beat Duke. This will be the Key to Dukes success in the NCAA tourney.

As for the struggles in the ACC tourney I will use only three words Gerald Henderson Jr.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                Were they? I thought they were sophmores for some reason... I'll take your word for it. However, in my opinion their key to success that season was Marvin Williams who was a freshman.

I feel that the explanation is really quit simple. Duke has the talent in place, but they are unexpiranced this is part of their " struggles" if you can even call it that. But the real reason? Not in my eyes. The Athleticism of the ACC was what contributed vastly to their difficulties. Duke always has and probably always will match up terrible with overly Athletic teams. ( See LSU game last year virgina tech and Maryland this year). They do excellent in half set courts, but when they get matched up with an athletic team like Maryland or UNC in a transition game it gets out of hand. When Duke can Grind, they always win. This is the true battle of playing Duke . If you can overcome their will to establish their tempo to the game you will beat Duke. This will be the Key to Dukes success in the NCAA tourney.

As for the struggles in the ACC tourney I will use only three words Gerald Henderson Jr.
                They were not seniors b/c they all had to make a decision and they based it off of each other and when Sean May went and talked to Roy Williams about declaring, Raymond, Rashad, and marvin followed.

Comment

Do it if you're trying different ones for money, but if you get the Final Four right don't say you did it b/c you really did numerous brackets and one of your dozen was right
                  I'd never say that, but my final 4 is:

Florida, Kansas, Georgetown, and Texas A&M , but I go Kansas and Georgetown in the finals with Kansas winning.

Comment

Florida, Kansas, Georgetown, and Texas A&M , but I go Kansas and Georgetown in the finals with Kansas winning.
                    Good to hear!!! My Final Four is Florida, UCLA, Georgetown,Texas A&M with Florida beating A&M

Comment

I've got the same final four. But i've got Florida beating Georgetown in the championship.

Comment

• my final four is

TEXAS, KANSAS, WISC. and OHIO STATE.

i have OSU beating Wisc in the final by 13pts.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

• And I think Butler is going to suprise people.

Comment

And I think Butler is going to suprise people.
                            Well, I've got them out in round 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                              Well, I've got them out in round 1.
                              Ur not good enough.

Comment

• Bulter has not been playing well as of late. I think they exit early.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information