College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
    This win by kansas over florida if they hold on will be a negative recruiting wise on illinois

EDIT: overtime :shock:
    No it won't. Talk to me if they actually win a 1st Round game this season.

Plus Bruce Weber is on the brink of singing some stud 08 and 09 guys right now (plus he's got the #1 Illinois prospect from 10' already signed). He'd get the same guys whether or not he won this game.

Self is still a terrible coach and you can just tell because his players were making dumb plays down the stretch, and that is a sign of no discipline and poor coaching. The only reason he wins is because he's got talent on his team that can overcome his coaching. He's a great seller and recruiter but can't coach his way out of a bag (I'm an Illini guy but I bet a lot of people would say that he's the Ron Zook of Basketball, only I think Ron can coach a lot more then Self can).

There is no clear cut #1 team this season; so it's going to be fun to watch the battle for the top spot. I think it'll probably go to, hmmm; UNC, UCLA (weak Pac-10), or Florida again. But who knows, maybe Butler will get it.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I really like Marquette this year, Dominic James reminds me a lot of Chris Paul, and I think he alone could bring them to the Final Four this year...

Comment

• Originally posted by JagsFanWL
        I really like Marquette this year, Dominic James reminds me a lot of Chris Paul, and I think he alone could bring them to the Final Four this year...
        kind off like another former Marquette gaurd...

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12
          Originally posted by JagsFanWL
          I really like Marquette this year, Dominic James reminds me a lot of Chris Paul, and I think he alone could bring them to the Final Four this year...
          kind off like another former Marquette gaurd...
          Yep, exactly. I think that James has a better supporting cast then Wade did though, but Wade was a little more talented so it evens out. Nevertheless, I like watching them play.

Comment

• I haven't seen a UW game this year yet but Marquette's are usually more exciting.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
              Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
              This win by kansas over florida if they hold on will be a negative recruiting wise on illinois

EDIT: overtime :shock:
              No it won't. Talk to me if they actually win a 1st Round game this season.

Plus Bruce Weber is on the brink of singing some stud 08 and 09 guys right now (plus he's got the #1 Illinois prospect from 10' already signed). He'd get the same guys whether or not he won this game.

Self is still a terrible coach and you can just tell because his players were making dumb plays down the stretch, and that is a sign of no discipline and poor coaching. The only reason he wins is because he's got talent on his team that can overcome his coaching. He's a great seller and recruiter but can't coach his way out of a bag (I'm an Illini guy but I bet a lot of people would say that he's the Ron Zook of Basketball, only I think Ron can coach a lot more then Self can).

There is no clear cut #1 team this season; so it's going to be fun to watch the battle for the top spot. I think it'll probably go to, hmmm; UNC, UCLA (weak Pac-10), or Florida again. But who knows, maybe Butler will get it.
              Weber is certainly the better coach than Self, but Self can recruit circles around Weber.....it also helps that he is recruiting to a traditional program like Kansas rather than Illinois.

I think Kansas will underachieve yet again this year, but it's hard to argue with the talent Self has recruited to this team. Rush, Wright, Russell, Kaun, Chalmers, Arthur.....they have a sick team.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• I just can't help but wonder what Bruce would be able to do with those guys.

And put Self with our guys and we're looking at a .500 record.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• when will our guys be coming back sweetness?
                  Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                  Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearsfan123
                    when will our guys be coming back sweetness?
                    McBride is already back. Smith came back on Friday night and will be ready for Tuesday against Maryland on ESPN. And it's looking like a couple more weeks for Randle.

Tuesday we'll find out if this team is for real or not. We're 7-0 but we haven't really played a "statement" type game yet so we'll see. I think we'll win on Tuesday;

1) IMO we're a better team, but I'm sure Charm will disagree

2) We're at home

3) Ebekwe is kinda banged up

My prediction is Illinois 68 - Maryland 59.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearsfan123
                      McBride is already back. Smith came back on Friday night and will be ready for Tuesday against Maryland on ESPN. And it's looking like a couple more weeks for Randle.

Tuesday we'll find out if this team is for real or not. We're 7-0 but we haven't really played a "statement" type game yet so we'll see. I think we'll win on Tuesday;

2) We're at home

k thx. BTW where do you get your info? I trust yahoo and SI and Fox Sports but im having trouble finding this info out.
                      Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                      Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearsfan123
                        Originally posted by sweetness34
                        Originally posted by Bearsfan123

2) We're at home

k thx. BTW where do you get your info? I trust yahoo and SI and Fox Sports but im having trouble finding this info out.
                        I'm a member of a couple Illini College Sports message boards.

Check your PM's, because we aren't supposed to promote other websites on here and I'll give you some sites that are pretty good in getting info on the team and talking with other Illini fans.

Comment

Illini are 7-0 baby! 8)

UF vs KU is going to be a good game tonight. Go Gators!!
                          are you kidding? Uf is sooo overrated thank god they lost, KU on the other hand just showed everyone how good they are, well atleased when they don't play oral roberts.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Anyone watching Michigan vs NC State?

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088
                              Originally posted by sweetness34
                              Illini are 7-0 baby! 8)

UF vs KU is going to be a good game tonight. Go Gators!!
                              are you kidding? Uf is sooo overrated thank god they lost, KU on the other hand just showed everyone how good they are, well atleased when they don't play oral roberts.

Last year Florida was a top 20 team from November to March and then played the last two weeks flawlessly. Expect them to be a final four team (at least) again. Kansas is going to pull the same thing thewy always due. Win 23, lose 6 or 7. Then dominate the Big 12 tourney and then lose in the first round to...HOFSTRA!

^^Best Real Estate Salesman Ever^^

Comment

• please don't lose today Buffalo

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information