College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
    I would like to see him stay in school one more year to develop and see what they can do next year b/c they'll be dangerous. I think declaring would be a mistake

me too. i think budinger shud stay too so he and Jeerryd Bayless can make a run for the Pac-10

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

• The Suns have 3 1st rounders this year i would like to trade up and get Kevin Durant

now that would be sweet

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        I would like to see him stay in school one more year to develop and see what they can do next year b/c they'll be dangerous. I think declaring would be a mistake
        Financially it won't be a mistake but if he is in next years draft he will need a lot of seasoning before he can be consistent but the tools are all there.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
          The Suns have 3 1st rounders this year i would like to trade up and get Kevin Durant

now that would be sweet
          yup including ATLs. Maybe they'll be able to trade for Milwaukee or Memphis' Pick. Or imagine if PHO got Greg Oden, easily best frontcourt league wide

Comment

• Oden could never play the suns style though, i think he would be a waste of a pick

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
              That is ballsy. I have them falling later because they are still a solid, veteran team that plays strong defense. Thad Young's defense is a little overrated. I look for others to step up for Wisconsin along with Tucker.
              Yes Tucker is a big part, but he is not the only part. We have won games that he was not "on" in. Flowers, Tucker, Landry and Bohanan are players who have stepped up already. On Sunday none of them did and that's when we have problems. We can win if Flowers is at his game with Tucker not doing to great. Like I said the Butch injury really does hurt as it takes away alot from our offense. Sunday was terrible, but going against Oden without your starting C wouldn't be easy for any team. I know there are other good big men that we will have to play, but they are not on Oden's level. We looked terrible because of that. Eventhough he was shutout in the first half, he was controlling the paint and we couldn't get anything done inside. Butch can hit the outside shots which would draw Oden out, but none of our other big men can do that. We don't blow people out either. We play to their pace and do enough to win.

That being said I'm having a tough time picking Oregon-Wisconsin, and am actually leaning Oregon. I don't think we will go out before than, and if we win we will lose to Florida. Wisconsin-Florida would be a good game still but we'd fall short.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                yup including ATLs. Maybe they'll be able to trade for Milwaukee or Memphis' Pick. Or imagine if PHO got Greg Oden, easily best frontcourt league wide
                Amare and Oden would be a sick combo!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  Oden could never play the suns style though, i think he would be a waste of a pick
                  true, hes too much like an Olajuwon. I think the Suns will just pick oden, Noah or Hasheem Thabeet tho for a defensive upgrade. I just want Kid-Kanada to win a ring

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                    If Durant is there when the Bucks pick we better take him.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      Yes Tucker is a big part, but he is not the only part. We have won games that he was not "on" in. Flowers, Tucker, Landry and Bohanan are players who have stepped up already. On Sunday none of them did and that's when we have problems. We can win if Flowers is at his game with Tucker not doing to great. Like I said the Butch injury really does hurt as it takes away alot from our offense. Sunday was terrible, but going against Oden without your starting C wouldn't be easy for any team. I know there are other good big men that we will have to play, but they are not on Oden's level. We looked terrible because of that. Eventhough he was shutout in the first half, he was controlling the paint and we couldn't get anything done inside. Butch can hit the outside shots which would draw Oden out, but none of our other big men can do that. We don't blow people out either. We play to their pace and do enough to win.

That being said I'm having a tough time picking Oregon-Wisconsin, and am actually leaning Oregon. I don't think we will go out before than, and if we win we will lose to Florida. Wisconsin-Florida would be a good game still but we'd fall short.
                      Florida would be so tough all around for Wisconsin but Wisconsin has the speed to compete and I think they are a better matchup for UW than OSU is for the Badgers. Noah is a force inside but Chapell can go against him and Landry against Horford but I don't think the Badgers will go that far but I certainly pray that they do

Comment

Without a doubt but Durant may stay in school and the Bucks would really have little need to bring in Oden so trading for 3 draft picks would be wise

Comment

• Suns don't need Durant another scorer they need defensive players and strong inside scorers, Durant's skills would not be utilized well with the Suns other than shooting but the Suns don't need that with Nash the Suns could have Matt Carroll averaging 10+ ppg. While Durant could be good for them there is much more value in the 3 picks than Durant. If I were them at pick #5 as it is now I would take Horford or Brandon Wright if they are there if not Yi Jianlian or Jeff Green. With Pick #24 as it is I would take Morris Almond or Rudy Fernandez, and with pick #29 I would take Tiago Splitter or someone who would be an animal for them despite issues in Shot Block maniac Sean Williams.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                            Suns don't need Durant another scorer they need defensive players and strong inside scorers, Durant's skills would not be utilized well with the Suns other than shooting but the Suns don't need that with Nash the Suns could have Matt Carroll averaging 10+ ppg. While Durant could be good for them there is much more value in the 3 picks than Durant. If I were them at pick #5 as it is now I would take Horford or Brandon Wright if they are there if not Yi Jianlian or Jeff Green. With Pick #24 as it is I would take Morris Almond or Rudy Fernandez, and with pick #29 I would take Tiago Splitter or someone who would be an animal for them despite issues in Shot Block maniac Sean Williams.
                            No if the Suns got up there they would take Oden and then him and Amare would control the paint

Comment

i think the bucks would rather take Oden. Damn i cant waiit till June for the draft. So many bad teamms in need of a player like Oden or Durant

Teams needing oden:
                              Milwaukee
                              Seattle
                              Portland
                              Philly

Teams Needing Durant
                              NOK
                              Boston
                              Memphis
                              Philly

Its amusing cause they all have close records that are absymal, thats whats good and bad about the lottery.

Comment

• I would like the Suns to take Joakim Noah if we cant trade up for Durant, he is a freak like Marion

and with the 3 picks, the last 2 would likely never play, Marcus Banks, Jalen Rose & James Jones barley even play
                                Last edited by fenikz; 03-12-2007, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information