No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Joe Lunardi goes off about how we are "the worst at large team to be in this tournament" on ESPNews I believe yesterday.

And today in an online interview he says he thinks we're a sleeper team who can knock off Virginia Tech.

WTF? I hate you Lunardi you flip flopping piece of garbage. God ESPN's anaylysts have gone down the crapper.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
      So Joe Lunardi goes off about how we are "the worst at large team to be in this tournament" on ESPNews I believe yesterday.

And today in an online interview he says he thinks we're a sleeper team who can knock off Virginia Tech.

WTF? I hate you Lunardi you flip flopping piece of garbage. God ESPN's anaylysts have gone down the crapper.
      They were never even in the bowl.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
        They were never even in the bowl.
        What? TT what the hell does that mean?

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
          What? TT what the hell does that mean?
          I believe he's referring to the analysts. "Went down the crapper", but "were never even in the bowl", meaning they had nowhere to be flushed from, or something, seeing as they were always terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
            I believe he's referring to the analysts. "Went down the crapper", but "were never even in the bowl", meaning they had nowhere to be flushed from, or something, seeing as they were always terrible.
            That is correct.... [img]Picture of Chris Farley from Billy Madison[/img]

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
              Ok yea. I understand now. I thought he was talking about Illinois and I was confused, haha.

Hubert Davis is the worst though.

"Shane Pruitt."

"The Illini in the Big EAST had trouble this season in conference."

He's such a dumbass. He makes Lunardi look like Einstein.

Comment

• I'm a die hard Buckeyes fan, so that put me over.

But I think Acie Law is the truth
                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                  I'm a die hard Buckeyes fan, so that put me over.

But I think Acie Law is the truth
                  Be prepared for the Sweet 16 loss..

they get smoked.

Comment

• Heh, we match-up very well with A&M though. Teams that rely on one player have never been able to make it. We always shut them down for a half and keep it up enough to win. That's why I don't buy A&M beating OSU. Any other bracket, I think the #2 (not Wisconsin,) or #3 could beat us.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Yeah, Ohio St. is winning it. Ohio St., G-town, UCLA, Oregon.

I like how ODen is getting love now esp. now that he can use both hands. But MCJr. is fricken awesome. That guy reminds me of Ed Cota with a better shooting and defense. Pure leadership skills, effective off the dribble, great speed and vision.

JBond you attend tOSU?

In Tressel We Trust!
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• In actuality, I don't like that Illinois got in, while Syracuse and Drexel stayed home. However, it's done, and I'm over it. Every team has a chance, so we'll go with it. A 5-12 team generally has an upset, so just go with it.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• I did a bracket based on research and another that I just do on "feel".

Research bracket Final 4: Florida, Kansas, Georgetown, Texas A&M

Kansas over Georgetown for the title.

"Feel" bracket Final 4: Oregon, UCLA, Texas, and Louisville.

Texas over UCLA for the title.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            In actuality, I don't like that Illinois got in, while Syracuse and Drexel stayed home. However, it's done, and I'm over it. Every team has a chance, so we'll go with it. A 5-12 team generally has an upset, so just go with it.
                            Some advice to Syracuse....Play an away game in non-conference, play a tougher non-conference, and don't lose to Drexel and OK State at home during non-conference.

Boeheim did a piss poor job making his schedule this season and the committee rightfully punished him for making it easy on his team. You might want to actually challenge your team in that time before conference starts up instead of playing every game in the Carrier Dome.

As for Drexel. They did have 3 very good wins, but they also had 2 or 3 very bad losses. It was b/w them and ODU, and ODU got in. Illinois did not take their spot from what I understand. It was b/w Drexel and Old Dominion, 2 mid majors, and ODU was picked over Drexel, which I disagreed with.

You know there's all this talk about "Illinois snubbing everyone." What about Stanford, what about Arkansas, etc...If you look at the numbers (especially RPI and SOS, we blow all those teams out of the water). No losses outside the top 100 RPI, won 9 of our last 14, won two games in conference, finshed 11-8 in the Big 10. All of this with key injuries, suspensions, and tragedy.

The committee also stated that "signature wins" did not matter. They looked at the numbers and felt that we should be in, and as I look at them, I feel the same way. If there was one team who didn't deserve to be in IMO, it was Arkansas, but hey, whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                              Patrick Beverley is a baller.
                              Yes he's very good. We actually almost got him of U of I. He didn't send in his transcripts to BAM, so we didn't sign him. And as I watch him play, I'm thankful that he didn't come. His game would not translate into the motion offense at all. Talented player though.

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                                Yeah, Ohio St. is winning it. Ohio St., G-town, UCLA, Oregon.

I like how ODen is getting love now esp. now that he can use both hands. But MCJr. is fricken awesome. That guy reminds me of Ed Cota with a better shooting and defense. Pure leadership skills, effective off the dribble, great speed and vision.

JBond you attend tOSU?

In Tressel We Trust!
                                Yup, I'm in my 3rd year. I'm typing on campus as we speak...

Follow Me on Twitter!
                                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information