No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't need a recap of what I already know. I personally believe that Syracuse is a better team this year than Illinois, Stanford, and Arkansas, and I'd rather see them in the tournament instead of any of those other teams. I'm actually an Atlantic 10 fan (raised as a Temple fan, went to GW), so I have no real bias here. I just think Cuse is a good team that deserved it more than the other 3.

My Drexel comment was just my mid-major and Philly bias. I'm not really mad about them, more disappointed that they had such a good season without getting truly rewarded for it...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• IMO Kansas State deserved it more then Drexel, Illinois, Syracuse, and Stanford.
      Originally posted by nvot9
      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• Kansas State and Syracuse are 2 seeds in the NIT. Drexel is a 3. If you want in the NCAA, you best at least be good enough for a 1 seed in the NIT.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
          Kansas State and Syracuse are 2 seeds in the NIT. Drexel is a 3. If you want in the NCAA, you best at least be good enough for a 1 seed in the NIT.
          Are you trying to say Airforce who is a 1 seed in the NIT is better then Syracuse and Kansas State?
          Originally posted by nvot9
          I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
          Indianapolis Colts 13-3
          Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
            Are you trying to say Airforce who is a 1 seed in the NIT is better then Syracuse and Kansas State?
            Or even WVU. Syracuse was much better that WVU in the same conference this year and WVU is a 1 seed. No one is even making a fuss about them missing the NCCAs. The seeding are always messed up.

Can someone explain how Butler is a 5 seed?

Comment

• would anyone care if Drexel loses tonight against NCSU? I'm not so sure we win this game. It's our 5th game in 6 days and we just left everything on the court at the ACC tourney. I'm not so sure a depleted roster full of walk-ons has anything left in the tank. Should be an interesting game tonight on ESPNUnavailable.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
              Titty sprinkles

Comment

• I think it will take a little bit of time, but the NIT will become a pretty interesting tournament in the end. I think the field this year is excellent, and none of the NCAA snubs backed out. I like the format and the seeding. I wish ESPN would grow a set and put it on ESPN2 or something legit like that...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                  I think it will take a little bit of time, but the NIT will become a pretty interesting tournament in the end. I think the field this year is excellent, and none of the NCAA snubs backed out. I like the format and the seeding. I wish ESPN would grow a set and put it on ESPN2 or something legit like that...
                  The NIT is so solid; I would like to see a game versus Syracuse and Kansas State

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
                    IMO Kansas State deserved it more then Drexel, Illinois, Syracuse, and Stanford.
                    They have a bad RPI, bad SOS, and bad losses. Their resume wasn't that impressive if you really look at it.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                      I don't need a recap of what I already know. I personally believe that Syracuse is a better team this year than Illinois, Stanford, and Arkansas, and I'd rather see them in the tournament instead of any of those other teams. I'm actually an Atlantic 10 fan (raised as a Temple fan, went to GW), so I have no real bias here. I just think Cuse is a good team that deserved it more than the other 3.

My Drexel comment was just my mid-major and Philly bias. I'm not really mad about them, more disappointed that they had such a good season without getting truly rewarded for it...
                      Well sorry bsaza for "recapping what you already know."

Syracuse got punished for a bad non conference schedule and losing 2 games in their non conference. It's why they didn't get in, I can guarantee that. You can't play a cupcake schedule in non conference, lose two games, and expect to get a bubble bid over teams who did play tough non conferences and went on the road.

So if anyone is to blame, it's Jim Boeheim for making a soft schedule. That and losing early in the Big East Tournament didn't help matters either.

Also again in regards to Drexel, it was either them and ODU. Personally I think the Dragons got jobbed because I feel they should've gotten in over ODU. The mid majors suprisingly didn't get as much love as I thought they would this year.

I too was surprised that Cuse and Drexel didn't get in. And if I had my choice, I'd put Cuse in over Arkansas and Drexel in over ODU.

But if you really have to blame anyone, blame Nevada, Butler, and Xavier for not winning their post season tournaments. It closed 3 at-large bids this year.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Lets Go Purple Eagles!!!

Comment

• I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. Just saying that all of the analysts have been through why Syracuse wasn't invited to the dance. It's over, so we should move on. If we're going to debate stuff that is already over and doesn't matter anymore, let's discuss how Michael Olawakandi was a crappy draft pick...

This was an especially deep college bball season with a lot of parity. The mid-majors did well and got a lot of bids. I couldn't really argue for or against any specific team that got in. All I'm saying is that I would have liked to see both Cuse and Drexel in. I can't argue something that's already been decided, so I'm not going to try. Illinois is potentially dangerous. They could make a nice little run here.

Comment

• Without trying to be a Bruin homer, im guna say UCLA takes it all this year. They have a fairly easy trip to the elite eight and they probably play the best defense and have experience from last year.

^tek

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                              Alright back to college Bball I guess I'm the only one picking Arkansas to win round 1.
                              I took Arkansas to win round 1 as well for what it's worth (not much) but you aren't the only one. I'm too lazy to look back and see what you said earlier but I've got Georgetown winning it all. Good call?

Comment

• UMASS v. Alabama

Watch Gary Forbes, Chris Lowe, James Life, Rashaun Freeman, Stephan Lasme, Tiki Mayben, Brandon Thomas, Matt Bonner, and Etienne Bower make Bama look SILLY.

Then go on to WVU and beat them!!

haha They could do it. They have decent guard play, good 3 Pt % and one of the best front courts in the nation. a guy who averages 16 and 9, another guy with 10 or more doubles doubles and the 3rd player ever to have 4 triple doubles in one season blocks, rebounds and ppoints!!!
                                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information