College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cheesehead10790 View Post
    Without trying to be a Bruin homer, im guna say UCLA takes it all this year. They have a fairly easy trip to the elite eight and they probably play the best defense and have experience from last year.
    I think UCLA has a chance because they don't have to leave California and will represent well at the arenas. However, they aren't in the Pac10 at this point, so they are very vulnerable to teams with big men. Teams like GTech can give them problems. Experience can only go so far. Every team in the tournament is pretty good. Most won at least 3 games in a row to make it to the NCAA's...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Without trying to be a Bruin homer, im guna say UCLA takes it all this year. They have a fairly easy trip to the elite eight and they probably play the best defense and have experience from last year.
      They've got no big man.....And if you even try to make a case for Lorenzo Mata as being even close to good, you're just wasting your time and my time. Is it really possible for somebody to have a 37% Free Throw Percentage. I mean, c'mon, I could have a 65% Free Throw Percentage if I was playing college basketball at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
        UMASS v. Alabama

Watch Gary Forbes, Chris Lowe, James Life, Rashaun Freeman, Stephan Lasme, Tiki Mayben, Brandon Thomas, Matt Bonner, and Etienne Bower make Bama look SILLY.

Then go on to WVU and beat them!!

haha They could do it. They have decent guard play, good 3 Pt % and one of the best front courts in the nation. a guy who averages 16 and 9, another guy with 10 or more doubles doubles and the 3rd player ever to have 4 triple doubles in one season blocks, rebounds and ppoints!!!
        I'm an A-10 fan, and UMass is not really a favorite to go very far because their overall guard play is very weak. Life is a gunner, but he's also a ball hog. If the offense flows inside to Lasme and Freeman, UMass has a shot. They're not going to win unless they play error free from their guards (not likely), and get a big game from both big men (much more likely). Alabama is a good team, and I'm rooting for UMass, but I don't think it is really going to happen that way...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
          I took Arkansas to win round 1 as well for what it's worth (not much) but you aren't the only one. I'm too lazy to look back and see what you said earlier but I've got Georgetown winning it all. Good call?
          I personally hate GTown, but they're well-coached, and Jeff Green is a really good player. They could win it all, but I don't believe they will. It's a matter of opinion, and you have to go with your gut. Don't change your stuff because others disagree. Just stick with it and live with it!

Comment

• Who are the NCAA Highflyers entering the draft?
            | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

• A lot of it will depend on how far teams go. I'd imagine Brendan Wright, Spencer Hawes, Julian Wright, Kevin Durant, Greg Oden, Josh McRoberts, Corey Brewer, Jo Noah, Al Horford, DJ Augustine, Affalo, Mike Conley Jr., Josh McRoberts, Tyler Hansbrough, Thaddeus Young, Jeff Green, Roy Hibbert, Drew Neitzel, and a bunch of others will contemplate a jump. I'm guessing Randolph Morris and Glenn Davis are headed to the NBA as well. Alando Tucker, Nick Fazekas, Nate Funk, Derrick Raivio, Carl Elliott, Justin Doehlman, Chris Lofton, Acie Law IV, Aaron Grey, and James Gist are among the seniors in the tournament. Of course, this is just a rough list I pulled off the top of my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                A lot of it will depend on how far teams go. I'd imagine Brendan Wright, Spencer Hawes, Julian Wright, Kevin Durant, Greg Oden, Josh McRoberts, Corey Brewer, Jo Noah, Al Horford, DJ Augustine, Affalo, Mike Conley Jr., Josh McRoberts, Tyler Hansbrough, Thaddeus Young, Jeff Green, Roy Hibbert, Drew Neitzel, and a bunch of others will contemplate a jump. I'm guessing Randolph Morris and Glenn Davis are headed to the NBA as well. Alando Tucker, Nick Fazekas, Nate Funk, Derrick Raivio, Carl Elliott, Justin Doehlman, Chris Lofton, Acie Law IV, Aaron Grey, and James Gist are among the seniors in the tournament. Of course, this is just a rough list I pulled off the top of my head.
                James Gist from Maryland is only a Junior.

FEAR THE TURTLE!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Gist has underperformed to date, though he has come along nicely of late. I disdain Maryland, but I like Osbey. He is my kind of player...

Comment

• Damn, Jerel McNeal out for the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      Damn, Jerel McNeal out for the tournament.
                      That's bad news but I think Marq can still beat State

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                        That's bad news but I think Marq can still beat State
                        With him I don't even think about it, but now I might go MSU.

Comment

• I was going MSU anyway because Neitzel and James kind of even each other out, but MSU has the size. Either way, neither has much of a chance against UNC...

Comment

• The more i think about it, the more i like Pitt over UCLA. Pitt should dominate inside and if they can keep the tempo slow and force UCLA to guard their big guys in a half-court offense, i really like their chances.

Thoughts?

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                              The more i think about it, the more i like Pitt over UCLA. Pitt should dominate inside and if they can keep the tempo slow and force UCLA to guard their big guys in a half-court offense, i really like their chances.

Thoughts?

They have shot buuuuuuuuut Bew Howland coached there before UCLA. He knows the ins and outs of the team, plus Pitt is really hot and cold. They do have a legit shot but theres no guarentee that they make it to that point anyway.(Duke might take em out) Who else besides Gray is a threat in the paint anyway?

^tek

Comment

They have shot buuuuuuuuut Bew Howland coached there before UCLA. He knows the ins and outs of the team, plus Pitt is really hot and cold. They do have a legit shot but theres no guarentee that they make it to that point anyway.(Duke might take em out) Who else besides Gray is a threat in the paint anyway?
                                Did Howland recruit their current guys? Duke worried me too, they have a legit shot against pitt, but VCU is no pushover

No one's really much of a threat in the paint but they have big bodies

Sig by Me

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information