College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    Duke is the best defensive team in the ACC. Their defense is the only reason they did anything at all this season. Not too shabby either.

And UCLA is the best defensive team possibly in the nation. Duke doesnt match up in any category at all with the Bruins. Duke might not even be good enough to get out of the 1st round.

^tek

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
      Bye bye Drexel, nice knowing you. For a team that people were complaining about not making the tourney, they can't even win in the first round of the NIT.
      hellz yeah!!! ncsu is gonna be a force when we get a PG to push the tempo and JJ Hickson to dominate the post with McCauley and Costner. I cannot wait until next season rolls around. On to OkSt or Marist. And I know you guys don't care about the NIT, but humor me.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
      Titty sprinkles

Comment

• in my bracket, i put geogia tech upsetting wisconsin in the second round. you guys think that there is any chance of that happening?

Comment

• Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
          in my bracket, i put geogia tech upsetting wisconsin in the second round. you guys think that there is any chance of that happening?
          nope sorry beau

^tek

Comment

• Anybody else with me on Gonzaga making the Sweet Sixteen?

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Dub4President View Post
              Anybody else with me on Gonzaga making the Sweet Sixteen?
              Yes, actually

Comment

• Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
                hellz yeah!!! ncsu is gonna be a force when we get a PG to push the tempo and JJ Hickson to dominate the post with McCauley and Costner. I cannot wait until next season rolls around. On to OkSt or Marist. And I know you guys don't care about the NIT, but humor me.
                I enjoy the NIT, I really do, but the tourney is just on a whole nother level in terms excitement.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Dub4President View Post
                  Anybody else with me on Gonzaga making the Sweet Sixteen?
                  Much like KU, I refuse to put them on a run in my bracket b/c of historical reasons.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• The tournament would be even better if they took out the small schools who get the autmatic bids due to winning their pathetic little conferences. If you take them out and add teams like syracuse kansas st michigan lsu etc. then it would be even better. But im not complainging, I think MM is the best sporting event

^tek

Comment

• Originally posted by cheesehead10790 View Post
                      The tournament would be even better if they took out the small schools who get the autmatic bids due to winning their pathetic little conferences. If you take them out and add teams like syracuse kansas st michigan lsu etc. then it would be even better. But im not complainging, I think MM is the best sporting event
                      I like seeing the small teams get in. It gives them something to play for each year because ONE team gets in from those conferences. Meaning if you mess up, you're done. They should just keep it how it is. Because there is nothing like MM in sports (well besides the World Cup).

Comment

Much like KU, I refuse to put them on a run in my bracket b/c of historical reasons.
                        Good point. I have to admit, I'm a little bit biased on this one. However, I was talking to Pendo last Friday at The 300, and he was talking about how much this time has rallied around the loss of Heytvelt. Add to that the chip on the shoulder from last years loss at UCLA, and I see them knocking off the Bruins.

Comment

• The only way I could talk my dad into paying for the trip to WA was if I let him use the other ticket. If you guys see a guy in his 50's in the student section you will know why.

Comment

• They won't knock off UCLA. Heytvelt was their man in the middle, and he's gone. UCLA just overwhelms them on talent and ability.

I think I've picked them to go to the Sweet 16 or higher every year the past 3 years and they've screwed me every season. Pisses me off, haha.

Comment

I like seeing the small teams get in. It gives them something to play for each year because ONE team gets in from those conferences. Meaning if you mess up, you're done. They should just keep it how it is. Because there is nothing like MM in sports (well besides the World Cup).
                              Ya you do always get good stories and its kinda cool for the small schools but from an entertainment standpoint I think having the main schools would generate more interest and maybe closer games.

BTW i hate soccer but the world cup is freaking kick ass

^tek

Comment

They won't knock off UCLA. Heytvelt was their man in the middle, and he's gone. UCLA just overwhelms them on talent and ability.

I think I've picked them to go to the Sweet 16 or higher every year the past 3 years and they've screwed me every season. Pisses me off, haha.
                                Hey I'm a GU fan, I know the feeling. However, I think we do the best when we're under the radar and playing against a big favorite in UCLA (especially in their hometown). We had a little hickup when Heytvelt was gone, but the chemistry is really improving now. Not saying that we're a lock to win at all, but I think that we have a legitimate shot, especially with UCLA slumping a bit. I'm going with a Pendergraft buzzer beater and a monster game by Micah Downs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information