Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    That would be a 2nd round matchup bud.

But anywho, yea I'll do a breakdown of the game. Here's the only two facts you need to know about this game.

1) Defense, defense, defense

2) Game scoring in the 40's and 50's

Basically it's who makes the least mistakes and executes offensively the best b/c we mirror each other so much in our game styles. We're both great defensive squads who pressure all day long. We are both halfcourt teams who don't really run much. We both have good front courts. They beat us in the backcourt and we beat them on the bench.

It's a tough game to pick.
    I know, i never said they were all first round games.

I'm really thinking Illinois, but i'll probably go with the safer pick in Southern. I'm not 100% that they'll get past VT, probably closer to 75%. If I was more sure of that then I would pick illinois, but it's too much of a risk.

Comment

• VT is going to beat Illinois anyways... and Holy Cross might beat Southern Ill, also

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
        VT is going to beat Illinois anyways... and Holy Cross might beat Southern Ill, also
        Holy Cross won't win, but I think whoever wins Illinois-VT can also beat Southern Illinois. So then again if i think they'll lose either way why not go illinois.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
          I know, i never said they were all first round games.

I'm really thinking Illinois, but i'll probably go with the safer pick in Southern. I'm not 100% that they'll get past VT, probably closer to 75%. If I was more sure of that then I would pick illinois, but it's too much of a risk.
          As are a lot of anylysts right now, which I don't like. I hate flip floppers. Last week we "didn't deserve to get into the tourney" and now we're an "upset special" against one of the best teams in the ACC.

What gives? I'm just happy to be in, and everything else is icing on top of the cake IMO. I don't want to say I won't be very disappointed if we lose to Va Tech, but I'm just so proud of what we've done this year.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
            VT is going to beat Illinois anyways... and Holy Cross might beat Southern Ill, also
            They'll need transition buckets to beat us, and those could be hard to come by.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Holy Cross gonna win
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

As are a lot of anylysts right now, which I don't like. I hate flip floppers. Last week we "didn't deserve to get into the tourney" and now we're an "upset special" against one of the best teams in the ACC.

What gives? I'm just happy to be in, and everything else is icing on top of the cake IMO. I don't want to say I won't be very disappointed if we lose to Va Tech, but I'm just so proud of what we've done this year.
                Really? i've only seen them pick Illinois once and that wasn't until today.

Comment

VCU

BYU vs Xavier

come on sweetness, sig bet me on that one.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Really? i've only seen them pick Illinois once and that wasn't until today.
                    Lunardi, Bilas, Digger, and Vitale all picked us I believe. I know Lunardi, Vitale, and Digger did, and I'm pretty sure Jay did as well.

That to me is a lot, especially after the bashing we took when we got in.

Nope, I bet on Duke already this year and won, so I'm going out on top in my bets this CB season! :D I'm confident Duke will lose but like I said, I'm 1-0 this year so I'd like to keep it that way.

Comment

They'll need transition buckets to beat us, and those could be hard to come by.
                      Sweetness stop kidding yourself. It's going to be a bloodbath.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

What the hell happened to OK State? Losing to friggin Marist at home? :shock:
                        Just goes to show that the MAAC is dominant to the Big 12. Niagara is the safe pick, here.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                          Sweetness stop kidding yourself. It's going to be a bloodbath.
                          It very well could be, but on paper it doesn't look like that.

Comment

• Illinois to the Sweet 16!

It's on in pen.

Comment

Illinois to the Sweet 16!

It's on in pen.
                              The curse of the cheesehead, oh no! :(

Comment

The curse of the cheesehead, oh no! :(
                                Here is the reversal of the curse:Virginia Tech by 24.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information