No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you guys think is the cinderella team this year?

I'm going Winthrop.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
      Illinois to the Sweet 16!

It's on in pen.
      Sure hope you're right.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
        Who do you guys think is the cinderella team this year?

I'm going Winthrop.
        I have them out in the first. Illinois is the farthest 6+ team I have with them in the Sweet 16.

Comment

Who do you guys think is the cinderella team this year?

I'm going Winthrop.
          I could very well see Winthrop make a run. I like them to beat Notre Dame at the very least. I think they could beat Oregon and Wisconsin, if Wisconsin even gets past UNLV or Georgia Tech themselves. It could be a wild bottom half of the midwest regional. I do see Florida making it outta there though. I could see your Illini make the run to the sweet 16 Sweetness. I think they will beat Virginia Tech and the have a very good shot at Southern Illinois IMO. I think the bottom half will stay on course to the sweet 16 with Pittsburgh and UCLA meeting in the sweet 16, I see VCU and Gonzaga pulling upsets in round 1. Kansas in this region. In the East, I could very well see George Washington get to the sweet 16. In fact, I think they will. Beating Vandy in round 1 and then beating Washinton State in round 2. But they will run into Georgetown. I see Texas beating UNC in the sweet 16. Making a Texas, Georgetown elite 8, with Georgetown winning. In the south, I see Tennesse beating Long Beach St. and beating Virginia in the second round. I think they will give Ohio St. issues, but Ohio St. goes through to the elite 8, where I think they will lose to Texas A&M. I could see Nevada or Creighton upseting Memphis in round 2, Memphis hasn't played a good team in a long time. So after my longest post ever, my final 4 is Florida, Kansas, Georgtown, and Texas A&M. Final is Kansas and Georgetown, with the champ being the Kansas Jayhawks. The end.

Comment

• I will break my TV if Kansas wins it. But I have a bad feeling they just might do it. :(

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I will break my TV if Kansas wins it. But I have a bad feeling they just might do it. :(
              U know I just picked the two teams that our the hottest coming in, those being Kansas and Georgetown. However, we all saw how that stradegy worked in all the other major sports this year, so, my bracket will prolly be ripped up by Saturday or Sunday, since I have Kansas winning it all in every pool I am in for money.

Comment

• I have an oregon/kansas and georgetown/texas a&m final four. oregon/texas a&m in the final with texas a&m winning the defensive battle and acie law hitting clutch free throws to seal the 75-68 win.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                Titty sprinkles

Comment

• I have Georgia Tech in the Elite 8 myself. Another potential bracket crusher is Xavier, who was playing dominant ball in February and March until hitting the wall against URI in Atlantic City. They have excellent guardplay, a bunch of seniors with NCAA experience, and their coaching ain't bad either. Half of the current Xavier team played for Thad Matta for at least 1 year. Matta is also Sean Miller's mentor. It could be a very interesting second round game. Xavier will travel well...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                    I have Georgia Tech in the Elite 8 myself. Another potential bracket crusher is Xavier, who was playing dominant ball in February and March until hitting the wall against URI in Atlantic City. They have excellent guardplay, a bunch of seniors with NCAA experience, and their coaching ain't bad either. Half of the current Xavier team played for Thad Matta for at least 1 year. Matta is also Sean Miller's mentor. It could be a very interesting second round game. Xavier will travel well...
                    Funny that you have GTech going that far I have UNLV beating Wisconsin in the second round. I guess we are not very big on Wisconsin
                    Originally posted by nvot9
                    I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                    Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                    Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                    Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                    Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• I think Wisconsin plays too slow of a pace to really outscore anyone. They shoot well from the field, but they're not a big comeback style team. If you put them down by 10 with 2 minutes left, the game is over. While team defense is nice, you still need to put a team away and run away with games. Wisconsin didn't do that much this year. If you allow explosive teams to hang around, they will cut your throat.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
                        Funny that you have GTech going that far I have UNLV beating Wisconsin in the second round. I guess we are not very big on Wisconsin
                        Who is though, really?

Follow Me on Twitter!
                        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• I think some of the Big 10 apologists think Wisconsin is really good. I'm completely unimpressed with that conference in general. They play too slow, but I enjoy the old skool bball.

Comment

• I've got Wisconsin lasting until the Sweet 16, but I think they'll get hammered by Oregon.

Comment

• When your team's success is entirely dependent on a very, very good (not great) college player who struggles to create his own shot against athletic and fast teams (Tucker), you have a problem. I love Alando Tucker as a player and a person, but he is limited as a single option. His quickness is just not there. If Butch was playing and could clear up some space for Alando, they'd be a lot better off.

Comment

• Yeah I picked GT over Wisconsin too. But as an Oregon fan, I think I'll be rooting for the Badgers.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information