Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
    Two of my upset picks coming up, Oral and Old Dominion.
    I have ODU in both pools I did. I think I took Oral in the NFLDC one. Not sure. I should really print them out.

    Comment


    • How can anyone root for Oral Roberts? It's a ******* cult college built by a wickedly corrupt evangelist who told people that God was going to kill him if they didn't give him 8 million dollars to build a 500 foot statue of Jesus. I would just as well the college burn to the ground than they win at anything.


      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

      Comment


      • Yeah baby Terps moving on! Osby played a hell of a game picking up the slack. Gary's got these men motivated!



        FEAR THE TURTLE!

        Magical sig by OSUGiants

        SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


        Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

        So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

        Comment


        • Yeah, I've got Oral Roberts and ODU as well. I think the ODU/Butler game could be one of the best of the first round. I think Belmont might give Georgetown a closer game than expected ...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            How can anyone root for Oral Roberts? It's a ******* cult college built by a wickedly corrupt evangelist who told people that God was going to kill him if they didn't give him 8 million dollars to build a 500 foot statue of Jesus. I would just as well the college burn to the ground than they win at anything.
            I like their hats that just say Oral.

            Comment


            • Yay! Maryland barely beat a team they were obviously more talented than. Next up, the 6th grade girls team from Cabin John MS in Rockville MD... FEAR!!!



              I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

              Comment


              • I don't care about who founded the university or the stupid people who gave money to it. It's all about matchups and money. I'm not a huge fan of evangelicals of any religion, but I'll pick the team if I think they can win. BTW, I don't think they can win.



                I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                Comment


                • I'll root for the people I pick, lol. Except for when I pick against Ohio State, I'll still root for them.


                  Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

                  Comment


                  • Davidson will be a very strong team in the future, but Roshambo does not deserve to play in the NCAA tournament. I hate French-Canadians.....

                    sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                      Yay! Maryland barely beat a team they were obviously more talented than. Next up, the 6th grade girls team from Cabin John MS in Rockville MD... FEAR!!!
                      They won by 12, they basically took care of them in the second half of the second half.


                      Follow Me on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                        They won by 12, they basically took care of them in the second half of the second half.
                        I know. The final score says 12, but I think it was basically a 5 point win. FT's count, but it was closer than that, and no one can say otherwise. I dislike any school that says, "FEAR US" when they barely pull off a 4 over 13 seed win.



                        I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                        Comment


                        • A 4 always loses to a 13. It was a solid win. They dominated inside and just had bad D from the outside.


                          Follow Me on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                            They won by 12, they basically took care of them in the second half of the second half.
                            Davidson was living by the 3 and the lack of an inside game killed them. It wasn't a dominate win by Maryland, anytime you turn the ball over 20+ times you are lucky to win, but Maryland was clearly a better team. Props to Bambale Osby for coming in and contributing such a clutch performance.



                            FEAR THE TURTLE!

                            Magical sig by OSUGiants

                            SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                            Originally posted by Job
                            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                            So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              I know. The final score says 12, but I think it was basically a 5 point win. FT's count, but it was closer than that, and no one can say otherwise. I dislike any school that says, "FEAR US" when they barely pull off a 4 over 13 seed win.
                              Your sig quote is very evident in your bashing of Maryland....

                              Magical sig by OSUGiants

                              SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                              Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                              So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                              Comment


                              • This isn't a 5/12 thing. 4/13 upsets are much more seldom. I didn't watch the game (not by choice), but Davidson is less talented than UMD, so it shouldn't have been this close. It's a problem of execution that has plagued this Maryland team for the last 4 seasons. Poor recruiting and poor development. That has finally turned around this past season.

                                Game is over, but I wouldn't call it a feel good win.



                                I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information