College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jets future View Post
    WTH lol. i think your the next one to be banned, black guys are stupid, wth? stereo typing, and racist comment. i m not black but thats just not right

And ward you cant say this is ammusing or entertaing cus he just took it to the next level
    I thought you said you're not white, now you're not black either. What are you, green? This guy is green ----> :D

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
      it's called sarcasm. tongue-in-cheek. his big thing since he's joined the forums has been how white guys are unathletic and/or athletically inferior to other races. i was just making a point. don't get your panties in a wad, alice.
      i was being carcastic about the white thing. i thogught you would all be able to pick that up but w/e

since when is 1 comment a big thing?

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

• it's a big thing because who CARES if the guys you were asking about was white. why should that even matter? i was saying that's like me comparing black ceo's with white ceo's and saying black ceo's aren't as good businessmen because they're stupid. sort of like your generalization that white basketball players aren't athletic. not only is it stupid, but it serves no valid purpose for discussion. again, it should not even be a factor what color their skin happens to be. i'm not sure why you have to make it an issue with your posts.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
        Titty sprinkles

Comment

• Well, my bracket is largely shot through a couple dumb decisions.

My weekend picks:

Florida over Purdue - Gators got off to a slow start, then got it rolling. Too deep, too talented, too well-rounded. Purdue will slow it down and may keep it closer than expected for awhile, but Gators should win going away, IMO.

Maryland over Butler - Do I believe in Maryland yet? No. But it's a good matchup against Butler, as long as the Terps PG's play steady. I think it should be a dogfight, though, as the Terps battle inconsistency at times.

Winthrop over Oregon - I had Winthrop moving on originally, and I'll stick with them. They have a good inside/outside balance and are a scrappy team. Oregon showed some inconsistencies against a Miami (Oh) team.

Wisconsin over UNLV - After talking about Wisconsin potentially losing to Tech and UNLV, I change my mind. UNLV played real well today against a Tech team that has talent, but is young. Wisconsin is a veteran group. Btw, who really thinks Butch is going to get big minutes, if at all?

Kansas over Kentucky - Well, there goes my upset pick. If Randolph Morris can physically dominate, this game could be different. But I've been of the belief that strong guard play beats Kansas, and I'm not sure Kentucky has it.

Virginia Tech over So. Illinois - Neither team played pretty today, but I think Tech had some butterflies. It should be gone, and they have the defense to harass a Saluki squad that has an average offense to begin with, and I think they can do enough offensively. Should be one of the weekend's most intriguing matchups, although it could be quite low scoring.

VCU over Pittsburgh - I thought, if Duke could get by round 1, the matchups would be good. They didn't, and congrats to VCU. Eric Maynor's shot is the defining moment of round 1 (really, the only big dramatic moment). Can they pull it off again? For VCU to win, they'll have to control the tempo and harass the backcourt. If Pittsburgh slows it down and establishes Gray, VCU's in trouble. Eh, I'll go for an upset, even though this tournament hasn't had many, and pick VCU.

UCLA over Indiana - If DJ White plays like the manchild he could be and really, really dominates, they've got a shot. But the pick is to a UCLA team that should be able to control the tempo. Sampson always creates a scrappy team, so this might be a dogfight, but UCLA should win.

UNC over MSU - Nice game Spartans. While there is talent, I just don't think they match up unless Neitzel goes off and everything else goes right. I don't see it.

USC over Texas - Had a change of heart. I think USC has the offensive weapons and defensive ability to harass Augustin and change the game into one they would favor.

Washington State over Vanderbilt - Really impressed with the overall team play of Washington State in round 1. Of course, a Bennett is coaching, so should've expected that. After going against them, I'll give them the nod here.

Georgetown over Boston College - This should be a fun, interesting game. BC has the athletes to potentially neutralize Jeff Green, and the backcourt play to potentially harass Georgetown, on both sides. Gut instinct sticks with Georgetown, since I picked them to win it all, but I wouldn't be surprised if BC won this. I think Hibbert needs to dominate.

Ohio State over Xavier - Should be a heck of a matchup ... but in the end, I don't think Xavier has enough. Wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Virginia over Tennessee - If both teams play as well as they did today offensively, this should be a fun, fun game. But the big difference for Tennesse on Sunday? UVA plays D, and I think that'll be the difference in the game. Should be a good one.

Texas A&M over Louisville - As impressive as Louisville was, I'm still sticking with A&M. Tough games can motivate teams, and the Quakers gave the Aggies a battle for awhile. Will they rise to the challenge?

Nevada over Memphis - I'll stick with this pick I guess, but Memphis sure looked good, and Nevada needs Fazekas to play a bigger game than he did.

Comment

man i guess you can make that sig
            oh yes i will

Comment

• Louisville vs. A&M is a hard pick for me. I'm in a pool where I pick the games every round, and I can't quite decide.

Follow Me on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                Louisville vs. A&M is a hard pick for me. I'm in a pool where I pick the games every round, and I can't quite decide.
                I would go with A&M due to their big game experience even though it's pretty much a home game for Louisville. Louisville won't be able to be as successful with the full court trap against A&M as they were against Stanford; Law is just too composed. It'll be a tight game but Texas A&M will pull this one out

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• My Upset Special for today and I picked it before the tourney started:

Xavier over Ohio State!!!!! Go Musketeers!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                    I thought you said you're not white, now you're not black either. What are you, green? This guy is green ----> :D
                    sorry man but there are some other races then white and black,

Comment

sorry man but there are some other races then white and black,
                      That leaves our friends from the South or Far West

Comment

• Louisville is going to the Final 4

^^Sig From Nvot9
                        J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman View Post
                          Louisville is going to the Final 4
                          That's a BOLD prediction. They'll have to beat Texas AZ&M today who is a team taht doesn't have any glaring weaknesses and probably won't be affected by the press, nut if Louisville can find a way to win their Sweet 16 matchup would be easier (Memphis/Nevada) and then it in all odds would be Ohio State unless they get upset by the likes of Xavier, Tennessee, or Virginia (Go Xavier!), and Louisville may not have the inside presence to stop Oden, but Louisville's guards are quick enough to play with Ohio State. I would be very intrigued by that game if occurs.

Comment

• JBOND or Frogstomp?
                            Whose bracket would you put your money on?

I think Frogstomp will beat JBond. What dod yall think

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

• I think JBond is rigging the whole thing and editing his picks every round......

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I still can't believe we lost that game. ****!

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information