No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched that entire game. Even though I was very intoxicated during the game, I was with Xavier alumni who are friends of mine. If you talk to X fans, they believe that Oden's 5th foul was the equivalent of a flagrant or intentional foul, which should have warranted 2 shots and the ball. I was wondering what you guys thought about it. Oden did foul hard, and he did shove Cage out of bounds. I don't think you can call a flagrant there because Cage could have flopped.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      ESPN annoys me. Andy Katz and Dick Vitale act like Tubby Smith is the greatest coach of all time when he has led to the demise of Kentucky, they think we as a fan base are insane for wanting him gone. If/When Randolph Morris leaves we'll probably be lucky to get into the tournament next year (might have a chance if we get Patrick Patterson).

If we fire him I'll go ahead and take one of the three: Billy Gillespie, Billy Donovan or John Calipari... I highly doubt he gets fired though.
      I doubt we'll get Patterson since Tubby is a such a terrible recruiter.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        I watched that entire game. Even though I was very intoxicated during the game, I was with Xavier alumni who are friends of mine. If you talk to X fans, they believe that Oden's 5th foul was the equivalent of a flagrant or intentional foul, which should have warranted 2 shots and the ball. I was wondering what you guys thought about it. Oden did foul hard, and he did shove Cage out of bounds. I don't think you can call a flagrant there because Cage could have flopped.
        It was far from a flop. It only looked like a flop because it is a 7 foot dude pushing very hard. It should have been intentional, easily.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I watched that entire game. Even though I was very intoxicated during the game, I was with Xavier alumni who are friends of mine. If you talk to X fans, they believe that Oden's 5th foul was the equivalent of a flagrant or intentional foul, which should have warranted 2 shots and the ball. I was wondering what you guys thought about it. Oden did foul hard, and he did shove Cage out of bounds. I don't think you can call a flagrant there because Cage could have flopped.
          I think it should have been called intentional because it was clear that Oden flat out shoved the dude while he was off-balance. He wasn't playing basketball, he was just angry that it appeared his team was about to lose. So he shoved the dude. It's hilarious to watch these talking heads on TV talking about how dude flopped. What they don't get is that it doesn't matter either way. Oden committed a flagrant foul regardless of how the dude reacted to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by duckseason View Post
            I think it should have been called intentional because it was clear that Oden flat out shoved the dude while he was off-balance. He wasn't playing basketball, he was just angry that it appeared his team was about to lose. So he shoved the dude. It's hilarious to watch these talking heads on TV talking about how dude flopped. What they don't get is that it doesn't matter either way. Oden committed a flagrant foul regardless of how the dude reacted to it.
            Oden said it himself that it was intentional

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              Oden said it himself that it was intentional
              Haha, I didn't know that. That makes some of these dudes on TV look even dumber than I thought.

Comment

• Well, everyone knows that it was an intentional foul. The question becomes whether it was "intentional enough" or "flagrant enough" to warrant 2 shots and the ball. I would say it was intentional and a hard foul, but it's not a no brainer call for 2 shots and the ball. That would have sealed the game against OSU. I don't think the refs would have made that call in favor of Ohio State. They didn't want to alter the course of the game. I think it was a borderline situation. In close, end of game situations, you can't have the refs deciding the game on that kind of call.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Well, everyone knows that it was an intentional foul. The question becomes whether it was "intentional enough" or "flagrant enough" to warrant 2 shots and the ball. I would say it was intentional and a hard foul, but it's not a no brainer call for 2 shots and the ball. That would have sealed the game against OSU. I don't think the refs would have made that call in favor of Ohio State. They didn't want to alter the course of the game. I think it was a borderline situation. In close, end of game situations, you can't have the refs deciding the game on that kind of call.
                  It wouldn't have been the refs deciding the game. Oden is responsible for his own actions. It was a foolish mistake. Teams die by them every day whether it be a foul like that, or a bad pass. Should the refs have ignored Chris Webber's timeout in '93?

Comment

• Something that confuses me and caused me to push a game with my bookie is..... Did anyone see when Cain on Virginia jumped up and grabbed the rim on defense against Tennessee yesterday? Isnt that a technical foul?... Cant be mad I went 6-0-1 yesterday but it would have been nice to go 7-0.
                    Originally posted by nvot9
                    I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                    Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                    Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                    Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                    Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

It wouldn't have been the refs deciding the game. Oden is responsible for his own actions. It was a foolish mistake. Teams die by them every day whether it be a foul like that, or a bad pass. Should the refs have ignored Chris Webber's timeout in '93?
                      Rebels are going to beat Oregon.

Comment

• yes its a technical, but I cant remember why the refs didnt call it

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
                          Something that confuses me and caused me to push a game with my bookie is..... Did anyone see when Cain on Virginia jumped up and grabbed the rim on defense against Tennessee yesterday? Isnt that a technical foul?... Cant be mad I went 6-0-1 yesterday but it would have been nice to go 7-0.
                          Yeah, I think the announcer even pointed it out. I'm pretty sure it's a tech, or at least goal tending. Shouldn't change the outcome of a bet though. The final score is the final score. Bad calls skew the outcome of pretty much every game.

Comment

• Originally posted by MP123 View Post
                            Wow, you should be an analyst. I mean, it only took you 6 words to convince me.

Comment

• Originally posted by MP123 View Post
                              No they won't, the Pac-10 is going to put 3 teams in the Final Four.

Comment

Yeah, I think the announcer even pointed it out. I'm pretty sure it's a tech, or at least goal tending. Shouldn't change the outcome of a bet though. The final score is the final score. Bad calls skew the outcome of pretty much every game.
                                Believe me with the day I had yesterday im not complaining at all. I just didnt understand the no call thats all.
                                Originally posted by nvot9
                                I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                                Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                                Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                                Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                                Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information