No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Tony Bennett of Washington St. might have a chance to get one of these larger job openings. Other candidates include: Duke Assistant Johnny Dawkins, Matt Dougherty, Sean Miller of Xavier, Travis Ford of UMass, Anthony Grant of VCU, and Gregg Marshall of Winthrop. That's my best guess right now. I'm probably missing a bunch of good coaching names, but those are the hot names that I can think of right now.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
      This very well may ruin Dukes chances at a title run next year. Big man play will be terrible for Duke next year with only young guys and I was really looking forward to Duke having a dominant duo of bigmen for once in my life instead of one good guy and two backup chumps who are terrible.
      I haven't seen McRoberts play dominating basketball a whole lot in his time with Duke. He was never the go to guy because he's just not that good. I also heard he wasn't a good locker room guy. I heard a comment from a friend of mine that the Duke team will play looser next year without his attitude.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        I think Tony Bennett of Washington St. might have a chance to get one of these larger job openings. Other candidates include: Duke Assistant Johnny Dawkins, Matt Dougherty, Sean Miller of Xavier, Travis Ford of UMass, Anthony Grant of VCU, and Gregg Marshall of Winthrop. That's my best guess right now. I'm probably missing a bunch of good coaching names, but those are the hot names that I can think of right now.
        Dawkins isn't going anywhere.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I haven't seen McRoberts play dominating basketball a whole lot in his time with Duke. He was never the go to guy because he's just not that good. I also heard he wasn't a good locker room guy. I heard a comment from a friend of mine that the Duke team will play looser next year without his attitude.
          I just figured out somthing good that may come of McRoberts going pro...... It could induce Patrick Patterson to go to Duke b/c now he knows he will get some playing time. I sure hope so.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF4 View Post
            Don't mind sarf, it's that time of the month for him.
            Well, don't slip. Looks like you have 16 infractions points, 4 more and you're gone for a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
              Dawkins isn't going anywhere.
              I'm not so sure that Coach K won't lose an assistant this time around. The promise of millions of dollars a year, a HC job at a major conference school, plus their inroads with recruits already could give these guys the motivation to jump. I don't see a reason for them to jump, but it's always possible.

Comment

I'm not so sure that Coach K won't lose an assistant this time around. The promise of millions of dollars a year, a HC job at a major conference school, plus their inroads with recruits already could give these guys the motivation to jump. I don't see a reason for them to jump, but it's always possible.
                They will stay because one of them wants to land the Duke job when coach K is gone.

they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
                  Well, don't slip. Looks like you have 16 infractions points, 4 more and you're gone for a week.
                  Don't you mean I have that many?

they get smoked.

Comment

• Why stay as an assistant for another 5-10 years, when you can make your own name and keep your ties to the university to get the job when he's done? I don't see the logic in staying only to have one of them booted when Coach K is gone...

Comment

• I hope this doesn't ruin our chances of getting Patterson or Lucas.

Comment

• How would more playing time hurt Duke in getting a recruit? Trust me, these kids want to play right now. Getting McRoberts out of there frees up a scholarship and 30 minutes of PT for freshman big men. It's a good thing for them.

Comment

• Predictions for tonight's games:

Kansas over Southern Illinois
                          UCLA over Pitt
                          Tennesee over Ohio State
                          Texas A&M over Memphis

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Who does everyone think Kentucky will hire to replace Tubby?

My opinion: Greg Marshall

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

How would more playing time hurt Duke in getting a recruit? Trust me, these kids want to play right now. Getting McRoberts out of there frees up a scholarship and 30 minutes of PT for freshman big men. It's a good thing for them.
                              I'm actually a Kentucky fan and was referring to the loss of Tubby Smith.

Comment

• Go Dawgs! :D

Btw with the loss of McRoberts, it could be another long year for Duke IMO. No post presense at all next year.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information