College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
    Maybe I should've reworded. I think OSU without Oden is in bigger trouble against Georgetown with Hibbert than Georgetown without Hibbert is against OSU with Oden. But that's me.
    But if you replace Hibbert with Green in that sentence, I'd say that it's a lie. Without Oden, Ohio State really has no one that can do anything defensively inside the paint besides a couple pesky Guards ala 'Nova, but not much. Georgetown without Hibbert still has a lot of post players or guys that can rebound. But without Green, they lose their best offensive and defensive player, and their #1-3 in just about every other category. So as far as importance to their team goes, I'd say it'd be Green, Oden, Conley, Hibbert, and then Lewis.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• I don't disagree. Green is the most important player in the game. I'm just commenting on the big men matchup.

Comment

• Here's my predictions:

OSU vs Georgetown: G'Town has the advantage in the frontcourt with Green and Hibbert. But OSU has the advantage in the backcourt with Conley, Butler, Lewis, and Cook.

Bench edge probably goes to OSU as well. I think OSU's lack of discipline on defense will have some trouble with GT's Princeton Offense. I think they overplay a lot and get beat back door all day long. But with OSU's offensive firepower from deep, that'll keep them in the game.

OSU needs to get out and run, run, run , run and score as many points as possible. Yea I know that's what UNC tried to do but keep in mind they went ice cold down the stretch and in OT, and they had GT down by double digits pretty much the entire game.

If it's a halfcourt game, I think GT wins this thing by double digits. If they get out and run I think OSU wins by a slight margin.

I have GT in this game because I love Green and Hibbert and I think their offense eats up OSU on defense. Georgetown wins 78-70.

Florida vs UCLA: Great matchup here and a repeat of the National Championship from last season. Both teams have gotten better IMO.

UCLA needs to keep this a half court game if they have a shot to win. Yes I know that they can run, but UF will murderize them if they try and get out against the Gators.

UF has the better talent on paper and I just think that their frontline is too much for UCLA. They don't have the guard play of the Bruins but I have a hard time believing UCLA can hang with Noah and Horford.

I think the X-Factor in this game is Lee Humphrey. If he can hit shots and extend UCLA's defense, then it could be a long day. I do like how the Bruins play defense though. They're tough off screens, they play great man D, they force a bunch of turnovers, and they're phsyical, which IMO could cause some problems for Florida.

I've got Florida winning this one 71-65.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Another thing, the flopping needs to stop. I'm sick and tired of that crap. Stand up, be a man, and play some strong defense. I say they start T'ing up these guys for flopping because it's a ***** way to play.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Greg Oden 2 fouls in 3 minutes! Georgetown has the advantage now.

Comment

• lets go GTown!

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                Greg Oden 2 fouls in 3 minutes! Georgetown has the advantage now.
                That second one was garbage. I say whoever plays Hibbert should flop when he posts up.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                  That second one was garbage. I say whoever plays Hibbert should flop when he posts up.
                  That was a true charge!!!!! No way around it; Oden can't just run right through there

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    That was a true charge!!!!! No way around it; Oden can't just run right through there
                    Bullcrap that's a true charge. Green flopped on him. Give me a break dude.

Comment

Not really, Oden initiated the contact, leaned into the guy, it had to be called.

Comment

Not really, Oden initiated the contact, leaned into the guy, it had to be called.
                        They lean into each other every time on the low block. That did not need to be called. Not in this type of game. You have to let it go there.

Comment

They lean into each other every time on the low block. That did not need to be called. Not in this type of game. You have to let it go there.
                          Dude, just quiet down, if it looks like a foul, it will be called. It looked like a charge, and I believe it was a true charge, no flopping there...

Comment

• Wow, G-town can't make a shot...

Comment

Dude, just quiet down, if it looks like a foul, it will be called. It looked like a charge, and I believe it was a true charge, no flopping there...
                              Ok man, so Green flies back 5 feet when Oden dips his shoulder down. That is a flop. Like it or not. You need to get your eyes checked if you don't think Green flopped there.

And don't tell me what to do. I'll call a BS flop if I want. I'm for Georgetown winning this game anyway, but I want to see a fairly called game.

Comment

• Calls need to be consistent. Lewis hot contact on that drive and they didnt' call it.

I'd rather see them swallow the whistles and let them play. Georgetown is not moving at all on offense. OSU is not disciplined on D, so they need to take advantage of that by using a bunch of backscreens, backcuts, and screen and rolls. Because I see GT get wide open looks almost everytime down the floor if they run their Princeton offense.

Btw, there is really no atmosphere right now. Surprising for a Final 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information