College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    Ohio State has not be disciplined all year long on defense. It's one thing to get beat on back cuts, but they consistley under rotate, they let guys get past them off the dribble, they go under screens, and they lose their mark a lot.
    I think you underestimate our ability to get turnovers. Conley and the others are GREAT at creating turnovers and we usually convert on the offensive end (as seen by this game)

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
      Once the player is elevated, you can't move under him, it was a foul. Very close though, I'll agree with that.
      Yeah, at first sight it looked like a charge, but when they put that replay on, it was a block. Very, very close. Go G'Town, I got you in the finals!

Comment

I think you underestimate our ability to get turnovers. Conley and the others are GREAT at creating turnovers and we usually convert on the offensive end (as seen by this game)
        3 or 4 of those GT turnovers were off of bad passes, bad decisions, and bad breaks. I realize you guys can get TO's, but GT was inept at the beginning of the game.

Ohio State guesses a lot as well. They'll try and jump the pass and they get beat a lot.

And that's the game I think. Jeff Green was nowhere to be found and Georgetown for some reason got complacent on offense. Bad coaching and a lack of star players stepping up for Georgetown.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Well game over. Looks like UF's gonna win another championship.

Comment

3 or 4 of those GT turnovers were off of bad passes, bad decisions, and bad breaks. I realize you guys can get TO's, but GT was inept at the beginning of the game.

Ohio State guesses a lot as well. They'll try and jump the pass and they get beat a lot.

And that's the game I think. Jeff Green was nowhere to be found and Georgetown for some reason got complacent on offense. Bad coaching and a lack of star players stepping up for Georgetown.
            Look at more than this game though. Look at during the year. We create turnovers.

And there is a reason Green hasn't done a whole lot. We've matched him up well and he's played against Hunter a lot which has been a better match-up than expected, OSU has won it.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Look at more than this game though. Look at during the year. We create turnovers.

And there is a reason Green hasn't done a whole lot. We've matched him up well and he's played against Hunter a lot which has been a better match-up than expected, OSU has won it.
              Oh I've watched you all year. And that's where I'm getting my opinions of your defense from.

Jeff Green didn't assert himself at all in this game. Credit to Hunter for nice defense but Green didn't hardly move at all on offense. Great players at least force something in a game, Green didn't even do that.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Most of GT turnovers were from stupid mistakes( mostly terrible passes) on their part, not good OSU defense.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Oh I've watched you all year. And that's where I'm getting my opinions of your defense from.

Jeff Green didn't assert himself at all in this game. Credit to Hunter for nice defense but Green didn't hardly move at all on offense. Great players at least force something in a game, Green didn't even do that.
                  Green's not aggressive enough. Kind of like LeBron James. It's ok to be a pass first player, but like Jason Kidd, he's very aggressive while being that pass first guy. If Green's to be successful in the NBA, he'll have to get more passionate and aggressive. He has all the tools you look for in a SF, he just needs some coach to light a fire in him.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                    Most of GT turnovers were from stupid mistakes( mostly terrible passes) on their part, not good OSU defense.
                    Exactly. Hibbert totally wiffed on a pass, that white guy for some reason didn't shoot it when the shot clock was running down, I believe Sapp dribbled the ball off his foot, and there were a couple other just really bad turnovers on GT's part.

Haha GS won't be too happy about this game. Big 12 Player of the Year didn't even show up.

Comment

• Eh, Green disappeared. I don't think Ohio State took him away. There were plenty of times that Green could've attacked favorable matchups, but he didn't. I think it was more that Green just doesn't have that instinct to step it up and take it to another gear. He really needs to stay for another year to develop some more. But good game for Ohio State. It really wasn't a pretty game for either side, and overall, a poor basketball game, but Ohio State did the things they needed to win, as they have all tourny, against Xavier and Tennessee in particular.

Comment

• Btw, that "white guy" is Doc Rivers kid, Jeremiah Rivers.

Comment

What about the turnovers all season? I don't imagine every team just played sloppy against us. You don't have this kind of winning streak and make the championship with crappy defense, or even below average defense.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

• Ohio State will have to play much better than this if they expect to beat Florida or UCLA

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Ohio State definitely played good defense today. SOme of the turnovers were definitely Georgetown's fault, heck, maybe most of them but I didn't keep count so eh. But defense is so much mroe than that, and Ohio State was well-positioned, adjusted to Georgetown's rotations, and hustled and was aggressive.

Comment

• Have to say, for a national semi-final game ... that one was bleh. Neither team played good team basketball consistently, in all honesty. Only one player was real good, and that was Conley Jr.

Georgetown had a good season. If Green and Hibbert comes back, along with their incoming freshmen class next year plus the development of Macklin and Summers, they could very well be back again next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information