Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
    Afflalo shouldn't go pro. I doubt he's a first round lock. Might as well come back, try and improve your stock, maybe make a strong run next year that might attract attention. That said, Afflalo's stock is never going to be high for the NBA.
    Yeah, Afflalo's basically a one trick pony. He's a more athletic J.J. Reddick pretty much(but not that much more). I don't know why people aren't talking about him like Reddick, because of skin color?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
      UCLA will be better when Kevin Love gets there next year ... for now, they just don't have it.

      I really wonder if Donovan will end up going pro himself, rather than all those Kentucky rumors. It's an ideal time for him, still young enough to forge a long college career if he struggles in the pros. His value will be at a peak.
      Well, I honestly have no idea whether or not he will but his mentor is Rick Pitino... We all know how that went. He's a smart guy, he's seen how many college coaches fail when going to the NBA.

      On the other hand... He's very ambitious and has the attitude that could make him feel like he can be the one that is successul at it.

      I think UK or not he'll stay in the NCAA.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
        Well, I honestly have no idea whether or not he will but his mentor is Rick Pitino... We all know how that went. He's a smart guy, he's seen how many college coaches fail when going to the NBA.

        On the other hand... He's very ambitious and has the attitude that could make him feel like he can be the one that is successul at it.

        I think UK or not he'll stay in the NCAA.
        Donavan isn't going to the NBA


        Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

        Comment


        • I think Donovan is better suited to the collegiate game ... but the guy's got an ego, as do all top coaches, and at his age, he may just be tempted to see if he can do it in the pros. Dunno.

          I think Redick's better suited for the pros than Afflalo in all honesty. Nice collegiate player, but I just don't see it for the pros where the athletes on the wings will be able to disrupt him.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
            I think Donovan is better suited to the collegiate game ... but the guy's got an ego, as do all top coaches, and at his age, he may just be tempted to see if he can do it in the pros. Dunno.

            I think Redick's better suited for the pros than Afflalo in all honesty. Nice collegiate player, but I just don't see it for the pros where the athletes on the wings will be able to disrupt him.
            Redick better suited for the pros? Afflalo is more athletic than Redick, and is a better passer, and is better defensively than Redick. I don't know about that.

            Comment


            • Is anyone else wondering who this Billy Dunovan guy that Packer keeps talking about is?

              Comment


              • With all the good games in this tourney the Final Four turns out to be really boring.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                  With all the good games in this tourney the Final Four turns out to be really boring.
                  Thats alright there's still Monday where the two schools that competed for football's National Championship square off in College Basketball's title game.


                  Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                  Comment


                  • Oh look, an Afflalo sighting. Too bad it's with about two minutes to go in the game. Your team could've used you a lot sooner my friend.

                    Absolutely pathetic performance by UCLA. They looked like they didn't even care out there. Horrible blocking out, terrible defense, no energy...Yuck.


                    Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                    Comment


                    • Comment


                      • Stating the obvious, but assuming Florida wins, for Ohio State to win, Mike Conley Jr. will need to one up Darren Collison and tremendously harass Taurean Green. Green's just been inconsistent at times this year, and Conley has the quickness to cause him a ton of trouble. If I'm Florida, I'd give long consideration to putting Brewer on Conley, to be honest, giving Green a bit of a breather on defense comparatively.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
                          ROFLMAO, that's hysterical.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
                            :) Thanks. I needed that after getting the Final Four right only to go 0-2 for the championship game.:(

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                              Stating the obvious, but assuming Florida wins, for Ohio State to win, Mike Conley Jr. will need to one up Darren Collison and tremendously harass Taurean Green. Green's just been inconsistent at times this year, and Conley has the quickness to cause him a ton of trouble. If I'm Florida, I'd give long consideration to putting Brewer on Conley, to be honest, giving Green a bit of a breather on defense comparatively.
                              I think Monday's game will be much more exciting because both teams like to run. Can't wait. I've still got UF winning that one though.


                              Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                              Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                                Stating the obvious, but assuming Florida wins, for Ohio State to win, Mike Conley Jr. will need to one up Darren Collison and tremendously harass Taurean Green. Green's just been inconsistent at times this year, and Conley has the quickness to cause him a ton of trouble. If I'm Florida, I'd give long consideration to putting Brewer on Conley, to be honest, giving Green a bit of a breather on defense comparatively.
                                That would not be a bad idea to put Brewer on Conley b/c the rest of Ohio State's guards just sit on the perimeter


                                Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information