College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i m so mad that george town lost.
    i hate the teams in the national championship game, but i ll watch before it becomes a blow out.it prob wont though. but i have a feeling that florida inside game is going to be to much for oden to handel. but there are other ppl who are really good and they have to step up like connely, and lewis. but doent every one remeber in the national football game. every one kept saying osu is going to win in a blow out. well now ppl say florida is going to win in blow out. you osu fans might have a chance.

if it gets really borring i guess i ll watch the finale of i love new york today. even though i never watched a whole episode( but i watched like parts of the episodes). all of my friends all ways talk about it.

Comment

• That would be so gangster of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
        That would be so gangster of you.
        yea son. nottin to gangsta for me.

straight out of the burbs
        thug life.

lol

Comment

• Ohio State will win this game by a minimun of 5 points.
          Originally posted by nvot9
          I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
          Indianapolis Colts 13-3
          Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
            Ohio State will win this game by a minimun of 5 points.
            Noted. and I will let you know how wrong you are all night long.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
              Breakdown of the National Championship:

PG- OSU Conley obviously takes it over Taurean Green. He's just a flat-out better player everywhere but the free-throw line.

SG- OSU Both Butler and Humphrey can knock down the 3 with consistency, but other than spotting up they're nonexistent on offense. Butler's superior defense decides the matchup.

SF- UF Despite Ron Lewis big play and clutch ability, Corey Brewer is better all-around with defense once again being the deciding factor.

PF- UF Harris is pretty much a spot-up guy for the Buckeyes and isn't a true PF. He won't be able to stop Horford. Easy decision.

C- OSU Greg Oden will dominate Noah. How many blocks did Noah have in last years championship? 6? Oden will beat it.

Bench- OSU Cook is due for a half-decent game and Lighty can come in and play shut down defense while Hunter is another blocking threat on Defense.

Coach- EVEN Donovan could be a distraction because for the Gators and Matta has established himself as a great coach at 3 schools, but you can't give it to him because of the championship score being 1-0.

Buckeyes have a decisive advantage at 4-2 and they will take down the title. Arguments appreciated.
              Donovan is a better coach than Matta. Donovan has proven himself in the big game, and Matta has not coached in as many big game situations this year. OSU will fall.

Comment

• The same result will happen the last time these two teams hooked up for a national championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                  Yankees vs Cubs would probably be the most historic matchup. And the ratings would be off the charts.

Stay tuned on that one. The Cubbies have a murderers row lineup and if they can get one ioda of consistent pitching they're going to be very dangerous IMO.
                  Absolutely absurd. how do they have a murderous lineup?
                  Alfonso Soriano CF
                  Matt Murton LF
                  Derrek Lee 1B
                  Aramis Ramirez 3B
                  Jacque Jones RF
                  Michael Barrett C
                  Mark DeRosa 2B
                  Cesar Izturis SS
                  Carlos Zambrano P

Who fears Matt Murton? Who fears Jacque "hole in my swing" Jones? Who fears Mark DeRosa? That lineup is far from murderous.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYmoney View Post
                    Noted. and I will let you know how wrong you are all night long.
                    Im taking them Money line, straight up, taking the under, teasing and reversing both sides.
                    Originally posted by nvot9
                    I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                    Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                    Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                    Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                    Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Alfonso Soriano CF
                      Matt Murton LF
                      Derrek Lee 1B
                      Aramis Ramirez 3B
                      Jacque Jones RF
                      Michael Barrett C
                      Mark DeRosa 2B
                      Cesar Izturis SS
                      Carlos Zambrano P

Who fears Matt Murton? Who fears Jacque "hole in my swing" Jones? Who fears Mark DeRosa? That lineup is far from murderous.
                      Thats not a well rounded lineup and the pitching staff is average at best.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Alfonso Soriano CF
                        Matt Murton LF
                        Derrek Lee 1B
                        Aramis Ramirez 3B
                        Jacque Jones RF
                        Michael Barrett C
                        Mark DeRosa 2B
                        Cesar Izturis SS
                        Carlos Zambrano P

I said a murderer's row smart guy, not a murderous lineup. Soriano, Lee, and Ramirez is the best 1,2, 3 punch in the NL on paper. It's a very good line up though all around. I was referring to the Yankees when I made that statement with their big 3 at the time.

Ok I said murderer's row lineup; I mean to say that those three guys are top of the line hitters. Not the whole lineup.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                          Thats not a well rounded lineup and the pitching staff is average at best.
                          Not a well rounded lineup? Murton is a very good contact hitter as is Derek Lee (who also happens to be a very good power hitter as well), Barrett is one of the best hitting catchers in the NL, Jones while inconsistent is still dangerous when he gets hot, Soriano is one of the best sluggers in the NL right now, likewise with Ramirez (although he's a much more well rounded hitter than Soriano), DeRosa is a solid guy in the #7 slot, and Izturis is a decent option at #8.

We've got a good blend of good contact and power in there. Not the best all around lineup in the MLB but one of the most powerful. But you're right about pitching, we can't outscore everyone all the time.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• What thread is this again?

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                              What thread is this again?
                              Yea that's what I was wondering. How did that baseball thing start anway? I actually thought I was in the baseball section until I saw that it was the college basketball one.

My bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                                What thread is this again?
                                oh yeah, it's College Hoops :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information