No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol. Florida is a heavy favorite, and we saw in the NC what happened. Does OSU have any chance?

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
      Lol. Florida is a heavy favorite, and we saw in the NC what happened. Does OSU have any chance?
      Yep they do. Oden has to stay on the floor though. Horford and Noah will kill them if Oden can't stay out there.

If Humphrey gets going, I think Florida has this game. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if OSU wins. Two very talented teams going head to head against each other.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Lol. Florida is a heavy favorite, and we saw in the NC what happened. Does OSU have any chance?
        I picked them to win.

I think now that FLA will win: 64-58

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
          I picked them to win.

I think now that FLA will win: 64-58
          Florida 75 Ohio State 64

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• i think the gators seem to be gold in everything they do lately.im not saying they are a guarantee but i think with how the gators are pumped its not going to be easy to beat them. then again you know the OSU basketball team wants to make up for where its football team couldnt beat the gators in the NC game. so its going to be very interesting to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
              Breakdown of the National Championship:

PG- OSU Conley obviously takes it over Taurean Green. He's just a flat-out better player everywhere but the free-throw line.

SG- OSU Both Butler and Humphrey can knock down the 3 with consistency, but other than spotting up they're nonexistent on offense. Butler's superior defense decides the matchup.

SF- UF Despite Ron Lewis big play and clutch ability, Corey Brewer is better all-around with defense once again being the deciding factor.

PF- UF Harris is pretty much a spot-up guy for the Buckeyes and isn't a true PF. He won't be able to stop Horford. Easy decision.

C- OSU Greg Oden will dominate Noah. How many blocks did Noah have in last years championship? 6? Oden will beat it.

Bench- OSU Cook is due for a half-decent game and Lighty can come in and play shut down defense while Hunter is another blocking threat on Defense.

Coach- EVEN Donovan could be a distraction because for the Gators and Matta has established himself as a great coach at 3 schools, but you can't give it to him because of the championship score being 1-0.

Buckeyes have a decisive advantage at 4-2 and they will take down the title. Arguments appreciated.
              I don't really think "positional matchups" is a fair way to assess an Ohio State vs. Florida title game. The one advantage this Florida unit has is that it works so well together, from a personnel standpoint, and from a skill standpoint. That said,

I agree with Conley over Green, Oden over Noah, Brewer over Lewis, Horford over anything thrown at him.

I'd call Butler and Humphrey a draw. Humphrey's effort on defense is underrated, and if Florida doesn't put Brewer on Conley, I think you will see Humphrey on Conley a lot to give Green a bit of a break. Coach wise, I'll give the nod to Donovan. His staff does a superb job gameplanning and, in particular, adjusting in game. Matta and his group are fine as well, but the Florida coaches are better, IMO. I think the bench is a slight nod in OSU's favor, but that may be because they use more of their bench options. Florida has a lot of talent on that bench, but the starters are on the floor so much, and then Chris Richard and Walter Hodge ably fill roles. Watch for Speights and others to break out next year.

Overall, I think this could be a very good game if everyone plays/coaches up to their ability. The Florida kids came back for this, and they'll be up for this game. The key to the game is Mike Conley Jr. Florida doesn't need to shut him down, just slow him down. I really think putting Brewer on Conley could do the trick, but they may just go with a tagteam effort rotating in Hodge/Green/Humphrey/Brewer. Oden needs to stay out of foul trouble, though, because unlike Georgetown, all of Florida's bigs can put it in the bucket, and if Oden's out, they're going to be in trouble inside.

In all honesty, I guess this is the "deserving" title game. For all the talk about Kansas, UNC, and UCLA this year, along with Wisconsin, Ohio State was the most consistent squad, and Florida was arguably the best squad but just got, maybe, bored, for a stretch. If Florida can slow down Conley Jr. enough, I think they win this game. I don't think it'll be a blowout like earlier this year, maybe something like 75-65 or something like that, but this is Florida's game to lose. That may be a factor in of itself, as Ohio State should be loose.

Comment

• Do you any of you guys believe that Conley will be a better pro than Oden??? I really think Conley is the next TJ Ford!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• I look at them losing against an unranked FSU and LSU team though. I understand Brewer wasn't there the whole time, but I have a feeling Florida could, unconsciously, not respect OSU after beating them by 20+

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    Do you any of you guys believe that Conley will be a better pro than Oden??? I really think Conley is the next TJ Ford!
                    He doesn't have the jumper, he can't hit the three to be a big time NBA PG. He may be good, very good, but not better than Oden.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

• well fla is going to win. why? its there style of play thats going to win the game for em. i dont think oden can handel noah and horford. in order osu to win the "other" guys have to step up. and thats how this game will be decided.

Comment

• I just hope this game is better than the ones from Saturday. God those sucked.

My Breakdown:

This on paper is a very good matchup. Both have good backcourts and good frontlines, with deep benches. Both teams can play both in halfcourt, and they can get out and run. Both teams are physical and shoot the three well.

Ohio State: Oden needs to stay on the floor this time in order to win. They were lucky that Georgetown didn't capitalize on Oden being on Saturday, but if he goes out early, they're in trouble IMO. Conley could cause some problems for Florida's guards. And personally, I might think about putting Brewer on him early to help prevent the dribble drive. Jamar Butler isn't a very big 2 guard, so I think Green could guard him (size wise). Conley has been IMO the best player in the Tournament. The guy is just amazing. He's getting to the basket at will, he's making outside jumpers, he's playing good defense, and his passing has been spot on. I really believe however that in order for tOSU to win, Butler, Harris, and Lewis will all need to step up as upperclassmen. I don't think you can rely on the Fab Freshman to carry you in this game. And as of late, all 3 of those guys have been stepping up. I can't really say whether I think they should push the tempo or stay half court. With Oden in there, I think they should stay half court, but when he's out I think they should run, run, run. 3 pointers need to fall tonight as well. Just have to go by feel and tempo.

Florida: They've got the experience, the depth, and the frontline to win this thing. Horford didn't have a very good game against UCLA and I think he has to step up tonight or they could lose. Noah is going to have his hands full with Oden on him (I'm assuming Greg will guard Noah), so Horford needs to pick up the slack. I like the Harris/Brewer matchup. I think Harris has the length to guard Brewer, and vice versa. Lee Humphrey is the X-Factor. If he's on tonight, look out. Because he'll stretch the defense and open things up. Taurean Green needs to limit the turnovers and play smart basketball. If he plays like he did against UCLA at the end, Florida is in trouble. I like UF's bench and if they can get production out of Richard again, who was a beast on the glass against UCLA, I really like UF's chances. The great thing about Florida is they have the perfect blend of the halfcourt/run and gun with their starting 5. Both Green and Brewer are incredibly good on the run (Noah likewise runs the floor well for a big guy). But they can also run the half court and be just as effective. Green is great at penetrating, as is Brewer and Horford is the best post player in the nation IMO.

I just think Florida has too much for tOSU. It'll be a good game IMO, but I just like Florida's experience, balance, and depth too much. Florida wins 68-63.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• No one has really mentioned Lighty yet. He had a VERY good defensive game against Green and really played physical he could match-up on someone and give them a fight.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

No one has really mentioned Lighty yet. He had a VERY good defensive game against Green and really played physical he could match-up on someone and give them a fight.
                            Jeff Green played incredibly passive in that game, and he got so little touches, I can't really decide if it was Lighty's D, or if Green just wasn't there mentally.

Comment

• I rewatched the game and Lighty was right on him when he was guarding him. We wouldn't have played him 23 minutes otherwise.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

I rewatched the game and Lighty was right on him when he was guarding him. We wouldn't have played him 23 minutes otherwise.
                                When Green wanted to be agressive though he was effective. I like what Lighty did against him but Green just wasn't agressive at all. I mean he didn't even force much.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information