No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake Forest has pulled down an amazing '08 recruiting class, 3 top 30 players... Looks like it saved Skip his job.

I can't wait for basketball to start, it's beyond fun being a UK fan right now.

Louisville should have a say in the Big East but I'm sure Gtown will take it in the end.

Comment

• I still think it's gonna be a Duke/Carolina year as far as regular season goes. But I think someone will unseat them in the ACC tourney. I like Dukes team this year. Henderson is my new favorite Dukie after he owned Psycho-T last year. The site of that ***** crying while his nose bled kept me laughing for days on end.

My Guesses:
      1. Duke
      2. Carolina
      3. State
      4. Virginia
      5. Virginia Tech
      6. Clemson
      7. Boston College
      8. Maryland
      9. Florida State
      10. Wake Forest
      11. Georgia Tech
      12. Miami

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
      Titty sprinkles

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
        Wake Forest has pulled down an amazing '08 recruiting class, 3 top 30 players... Looks like it saved Skip his job.

Louisville should have a say in the Big East but I'm sure Gtown will take it in the end.
        Smith, Gurley, and Skeen need to step up this year for Wake though. They have zero experience and pretty much sucked ass last year.

Titty sprinkles

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
          US team for the Panamerican games, damn you have no idea how great it is to see Eric Maynor on this team getting some love, and apparently will be starting.
          Josh Carter (Texas A&M), Joey Dorsey (Memphis), Wayne Ellington (North Carolina), Shan Foster (Vanderbilt), James Gist (Maryland), Roy Hibbert (Georgetown), Maarty Leunen (Oregon), Derrick Low (Washington Statei), Eric Maynor (Virginia Commonwealth), Drew Neitzel (Michigan State), Scottie Reynolds (Villanova), Bryce Taylor (Oregon), Kyle Weaver (Washington State), DJ White (Indiana).
          It was a 5 day tryout and among the notable names cut were:
          Mario Chalmers, Sean Singletary, Sherron Collins, Dominic James, Eric Devendorf, Chris Lofton, Jerel Mcneal, DeMarcus Nelson, Jon Scheyer, Tasmin Mitchell, Jon Brockman, Brandon Costner, Randall Falkner,Richard Hendrix, Brian Butch, all of those names cut are household college basketball names.
          Eric Maynor...god that kid is great. Any guy that hits a clutch shot to beat Duke is alright in my book. I`m disappointed Lofton didn`t make it. He`s not overly big, strong or quick but he can play the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
            I still think it's gonna be a Duke/Carolina year as far as regular season goes. But I think someone will unseat them in the ACC tourney. I like Dukes team this year. Henderson is my new favorite Dukie after he owned Psycho-T last year. The site of that ***** crying while his nose bled kept me laughing for days on end.

My Guesses:
            1. Duke
            2. Carolina
            3. State
            4. Virginia
            5. Virginia Tech
            6. Clemson
            7. Boston College
            8. Maryland
            9. Florida State
            10. Wake Forest
            11. Georgia Tech
            12. Miami
            I highly doubt Duke upends Carolina. Carolina has the fastest PG in the country returning in Lawson, and Ellington will be beastly from outside. Hansbrough, Thompson and Stepheson will be monsters on the inside. Duke has no PG, their best offensive player left (that`s not saying much), and they don`t look like they have anyone ready to step up. Sorry to say it bud it`s the Heels this year. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
              I highly doubt Duke upends Carolina. Carolina has the fastest PG in the country returning in Lawson, and Ellington will be beastly from outside. Hansbrough, Thompson and Stepheson will be monsters on the inside. Duke has no PG, their best offensive player left (that`s not saying much), and they don`t look like they have anyone ready to step up. Sorry to say it bud it`s the Heels this year. :)
              dude, i wouldn't give two rat s***s to care about either one of them. I hope State mops the floor with both of their pansy asses.

Titty sprinkles

Comment

Wake Forest has pulled down an amazing '08 recruiting class, 3 top 30 players... Looks like it saved Skip his job.

They just Aminu and Woods which is huge for them. Prosser is doing a hell of a job. PalmerToCJ, we got DeAndre Liggins for 2008 and two really good guys for 2010.

Comment

dude, i wouldn't give two rat s***s to care about either one of them. I hope State mops the floor with both of their pansy asses.
                  Righhhht. you'll get killed against carolina. Hope you destroy duke. ive heard that ellington has blossmed into a great player during the summer. who is gunna D up on Lawson or Hans?

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
                  Originally posted by DLS42
                  Elway we'll settle this once and for all. Cal SC sig bet. Cal wins you wear a cal sig for 3 weeks. Sc wins. ill wear a I heart pete caroll sig.

Comment

I actually think NC State will do very well this year. They are coming back with Grant, Costner and McCauley and I think Hickson will do great this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLS42 View Post
                      Righhhht. you'll get killed against carolina. Hope you destroy duke. ive heard that ellington has blossmed into a great player during the summer. who is gunna D up on Lawson or Hans?
                      first off, lawson needs to find some offense before we worry about "d" on him. Handsjob is the biggest spaz in the history of ever. If you worry about stopping them, you'll lose. You need to shut down the other guys like ellington, frasor, ginyard, and maybe danny green. I'll take the fells/ellington matchup any day. We have a better frontcourt too. I know you're spilling your splooge over handjob, but it's the truth.

In fact, I'll put a lineup of:
                      Johnson/Degand
                      Fells
                      Grant
                      Costner
                      McCauley

with Hickson coming off the bench against anyone in the ACC. Tracy Smith will hold his own too. Keep sleeping on the Pack.

Titty sprinkles

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                        They just Aminu and Woods which is huge for them. Prosser is doing a hell of a job. PalmerToCJ, we got DeAndre Liggins for 2008 and two really good guys for 2010.
                        Yeah I'm happy with the Liggins add. I wish it was a big man but he's a player so I'm happy.

We're sitting pretty solid with Jamychal Green (PF), Tyler Zeller (C) and John Riek (7'2 Center that may reclassify for '08... Is currently ranked #3 overall in '09). Then there's plenty of potential with wings and PG's in Chris Singleton, Darius Miller, Scotty Hopson, Sylvan Landesberg and the Rotnei Clarke/Willie Warren combo although I highly doubt Warren will come.

Zeller/Riek plus one of the wings and Clarke would be AMAZING. There's tons of good news coming out of the pickup games about Patterson and Legion, Patterson is apparently a beast already and Legion is shooting the lights out. Can't wait for the season to start. Our center situation is terrible though, Jared Carter probably won't be back till Christmas at the earliest which leaves Stevenson, Stewart and Williams for the 5... I think we'll be seeing a lot of 4 guard lineups, should be fun to watch.

Comment

Yeah I'm happy with the Liggins add. I wish it was a big man but he's a player so I'm happy.

We're sitting pretty solid with Jamychal Green (PF), Tyler Zeller (C) and John Riek (7'2 Center that may reclassify for '08... Is currently ranked #3 overall in '09). Then there's plenty of potential with wings and PG's in Chris Singleton, Darius Miller, Scotty Hopson, Sylvan Landesberg and the Rotnei Clarke/Willie Warren combo although I highly doubt Warren will come.

Zeller/Riek plus one of the wings and Clarke would be AMAZING. There's tons of good news coming out of the pickup games about Patterson and Legion, Patterson is apparently a beast already and Legion is shooting the lights out. Can't wait for the season to start. Our center situation is terrible though, Jared Carter probably won't be back till Christmas at the earliest which leaves Stevenson, Stewart and Williams for the 5... I think we'll be seeing a lot of 4 guard lineups, should be fun to watch.
                          There are so many exciting possibilities. We should have a good team this year, but 2008 is what i'm really excited about.

Comment

• This year will just be fun to watch UK basketball. Last year we had no hope for the future but this year we do and there aren't big expectations for what happens this year so we'll take whatever we can get. I think Ramel/Joe will come on and Meeks will continue to improve... Then add in Patterson and Legion, I think we have a chance to contend for the SEC although I think Tennessee should easily take it. Regardless I think we're the sort of team capable of upsets, we'll just be really overmatched by teams that are big inside.

Comment

first off, lawson needs to find some offense before we worry about "d" on him. Handsjob is the biggest spaz in the history of ever. If you worry about stopping them, you'll lose. You need to shut down the other guys like ellington, frasor, ginyard, and maybe danny green. I'll take the fells/ellington matchup any day. We have a better frontcourt too. I know you're spilling your splooge over handjob, but it's the truth.

In fact, I'll put a lineup of:
                              Johnson/Degand
                              Fells
                              Grant
                              Costner
                              McCauley

with Hickson coming off the bench against anyone in the ACC. Tracy Smith will hold his own too. Keep sleeping on the Pack.
                              You most certainly do not have a better frontcourt. That is erroneous. Your NCState homerism is blatantly ridiculous. Hansbrough averaged 18 and 8 last year. For you to say `you worry about stopping them and you lose`is so ******* dumb it`s ridiculous. Your homerism makes this argument pointless because even though Carolina`s team is much more talented than NC State, you will argue it till you`re blue in the face with nothing to back you up. You`ll probably beat Duke, you don`t have ashot vs. UNC.

Comment

• Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
                                Syracuse's projected Lineup:

PG- Jonny Flynn
                                SG- Eric Devendorf
                                SF- Paul Harris
                                PF- Donte Green
                                C- Arinze Onauku

Very unnexpierenced, but the potential is definitely there.
                                Harris and mostly Flynn are slowly turning me into an Orange fan. I really haven't cared for a Big East team since Ryan Gomes was at Providence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information