College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
    I still think it's gonna be a Duke/Carolina year as far as regular season goes. But I think someone will unseat them in the ACC tourney. I like Dukes team this year. Henderson is my new favorite Dukie after he owned Psycho-T last year. The site of that ***** crying while his nose bled kept me laughing for days on end.

My Guesses:
    1. Duke
    2. Carolina
    3. State
    4. Virginia
    5. Virginia Tech
    6. Clemson
    7. Boston College
    8. Maryland
    9. Florida State
    10. Wake Forest
    11. Georgia Tech
    12. Miami
    No way Tech is that high, and Miami will surprise some. Tech lost their team in the 2 headed monster of Zabian Dowdell and Jamon Gordon, also lost Coleman Collins. Granted they still have Deron Washington and AD Vassalo but they will once again be one of the worst, Clemson will also be very good.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
      You most certainly do not have a better frontcourt. That is erroneous. Your NCState homerism is blatantly ridiculous. Hansbrough averaged 18 and 8 last year. For you to say `you worry about stopping them and you lose`is so ******* dumb it`s ridiculous. Your homerism makes this argument pointless because even though Carolina`s team is much more talented than NC State, you will argue it till you`re blue in the face with nothing to back you up. You`ll probably beat Duke, you don`t have ashot vs. UNC.
      you mean like how McCauley averaged 14 and 7 and Costner averaged 17 and 7? Damn, don't let the facts get in your way either. Oh, my bad, I forgot Kerliner had that fearsome twosome of Thompson(5 and 2) and Stepheson(2 and 2). Do you honestly want to get into an ACC basketball discussion with someone who actually LIVES in North Carolina? I know buying ****** UNC apparel at Walmart somehow entitles half of the country to count themselves as UNC fans, but unless you've ever seen the campus, shut your god damn mouth telling me what I do or do not know about ACC basketball. Capisce?

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
      Titty sprinkles

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
        US team for the Panamerican games, damn you have no idea how great it is to see Eric Maynor on this team getting some love, and apparently will be starting.
        Josh Carter (Texas A&M), Joey Dorsey (Memphis), Wayne Ellington (North Carolina), Shan Foster (Vanderbilt), James Gist (Maryland), Roy Hibbert (Georgetown), Maarty Leunen (Oregon), Derrick Low (Washington Statei), Eric Maynor (Virginia Commonwealth), Drew Neitzel (Michigan State), Scottie Reynolds (Villanova), Bryce Taylor (Oregon), Kyle Weaver (Washington State), DJ White (Indiana).
        It was a 5 day tryout and among the notable names cut were:
        Mario Chalmers, Sean Singletary, Sherron Collins, Dominic James, Eric Devendorf, Chris Lofton, Jerel Mcneal, DeMarcus Nelson, Jon Scheyer, Tasmin Mitchell, Jon Brockman, Brandon Costner, Randall Falkner,Richard Hendrix, Brian Butch, all of those names cut are household college basketball names.
        Wooo DJ!

I can't remember a season of IU basketball that I've been this excited about. All the hype scares me a bit though.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
          US team for the Panamerican games, damn you have no idea how great it is to see Eric Maynor on this team getting some love, and apparently will be starting.
          Josh Carter (Texas A&M), Joey Dorsey (Memphis), Wayne Ellington (North Carolina), Shan Foster (Vanderbilt), James Gist (Maryland), Roy Hibbert (Georgetown), Maarty Leunen (Oregon), Derrick Low (Washington Statei), Eric Maynor (Virginia Commonwealth), Drew Neitzel (Michigan State), Scottie Reynolds (Villanova), Bryce Taylor (Oregon), Kyle Weaver (Washington State), DJ White (Indiana).
          It was a 5 day tryout and among the notable names cut were:
          Mario Chalmers, Sean Singletary, Sherron Collins, Dominic James, Eric Devendorf, Chris Lofton, Jerel Mcneal, DeMarcus Nelson, Jon Scheyer, Tasmin Mitchell, Jon Brockman, Brandon Costner, Randall Falkner,Richard Hendrix, Brian Butch, all of those names cut are household college basketball names.
          I am HUGE on Scottie Reynolds. He is going to light it up.

Comment

you mean like how McCauley averaged 14 and 7 and Costner averaged 17 and 7? Damn, don't let the facts get in your way either. Oh, my bad, I forgot Kerliner had that fearsome twosome of Thompson(5 and 2) and Stepheson(2 and 2). Do you honestly want to get into an ACC basketball discussion with someone who actually LIVES in North Carolina? I know buying ****** UNC apparel at Walmart somehow entitles half of the country to count themselves as UNC fans, but unless you've ever seen the campus, shut your god damn mouth telling me what I do or do not know about ACC basketball. Capisce?
            A little angry and on the touchy side eh. Thompson and Stepheson didn`t play much last year because there was a top-10 pick in the way. Sorry, but seeing the campus is not a prerequisite to being a fan of a team. Calm the **** down and get off the ******* high horse you`re dick riding. You`re just so cool coming up with names like Handjob and dumb **** like that wow you`re cool. I guess I wouldn`t like the guy either if he was 4-1 against me since playing at UNC. On a parting note, once again, calm the **** down man. It`s a discussion, not you blowing your top because people have differing viewpoints that you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
              Harris and mostly Flynn are slowly turning me into an Orange fan. I really haven't cared for a Big East team since Ryan Gomes was at Providence.
              Yeah I hope Flynn can come right in and give us the PG we've been missing. and Harris is jacked.

Comment

• Do any of you guys think 4 star recruit Robert Sacre will get much playing time for gonzaga this year? he is 7'0-7'1 240lbs i belive... i played against this kid and he posted my ass up like i was 20lbs... or has anyone on here heard of him?
                Last edited by HoopsDemon12; 07-17-2007, 01:35 PM.

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                  Wake Forest has pulled down an amazing '08 recruiting class, 3 top 30 players... Looks like it saved Skip his job.

I can't wait for basketball to start, it's beyond fun being a UK fan right now.

Louisville should have a say in the Big East but I'm sure Gtown will take it in the end.
                  The Wake class also has two top 10 guys, the #3 and #10 recruits as of right now. Mostly bigs too, I believe they're listed as two centers and a combo forward (who I'd assume will end up playing the 3).

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                  I am HUGE on Scottie Reynolds. He is going to light it up.
                  I'm huge on Scottie as well, he's going to have an awesome season. I can't wait to watch him next season, he's going to be amazing. Seeing how he does at the Panamerican games should be pretty cool as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                    The Wake class also has two top 10 guys, the #3 and #10 recruits as of right now. Mostly bigs too, I believe they're listed as two centers and a combo forward (who I'd assume will end up playing the 3).
                    Ty Walker is amazing defensively, but is a bit limited on offense right now from what I've seen. Aminu is the real deal. Scary good how this guy can be. Not sure what to expect out of Woods though. Does anyone know if he is related to Loren Woods from a couple years ago that crapped out in the league?

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                    Titty sprinkles

Comment

Ty Walker is amazing defensively, but is a bit limited on offense right now from what I've seen. Aminu is the real deal. Scary good how this guy can be. Not sure what to expect out of Woods though. Does anyone know if he is related to Loren Woods from a couple years ago that crapped out in the league?
                      Not sure, but I know Tony Woods is definitely a very good player.

Comment

• Tony Woods is shooting up the rankings after the summer he's had, he's progressed very well. He was a mid 100 type guy but now he might be breaking top 20 on some rating sites.

Comment

• Thought this was worth a post... It's an interview with last years Senior leader Bobby Perry in which he doesn't have very good words for Tubby.

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?m...17&format=html

I've also heard several stories of players saying off the record that they didn't like Tubby, even so much that they would encourage recruits to go elsewhere because they were frustrated with his style of play.

Our entire fanbase was talked down in the media and on various message boards as being too demanding or not having realistic expectations yet things have gone a WHOLE lot better since Tubby has been gone.

Comment

Thought this was worth a post... It's an interview with last years Senior leader Bobby Perry in which he doesn't have very good words for Tubby.

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?m...17&format=html

I've also heard several stories of players saying off the record that they didn't like Tubby, even so much that they would encourage recruits to go elsewhere because they were frustrated with his style of play.

Our entire fanbase was talked down in the media and on various message boards as being too demanding or not having realistic expectations yet things have gone a WHOLE lot better since Tubby has been gone.
                            Once Tubby is gone, a lot of bad words are flying around about him. I just found it interesting how they said Bobby Perry was a former star.

Comment

• I especially thought it backed up kinda what we as a fanbase have been saying because Perry was a senior so it's not like he's bitter that Tubby left him.

Sheraye and Woo have also talked down Tubby to the media. I thought it was just us as a fanbase who wanted him to move on but the players seemed to agree with us.

Perry definetely had kinder words for Gillispie than Tubby.

Comment

I especially thought it backed up kinda what we as a fanbase have been saying because Perry was a senior so it's not like he's bitter that Tubby left him.

Sheraye and Woo have also talked down Tubby to the media. I thought it was just us as a fanbase who wanted him to move on but the players seemed to agree with us.

Perry definetely had kinder words for Gillispie than Tubby.
                                No matter how bad Tubby was, Woo can't say anything. I mean, c'mon.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information