No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like UCLA this year. Darren Collison is my favorite returning player in college basketball not on UConn. I will be rooting for them all year because they don't got the attention they deserve out west.

Paul

New York Giants
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks (unfortunately)
    UConn Basketball
    Virginia Tech Football
    UConn Football

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      I didn't really hate Duke until GW played them in the 2005 NCAA Tournament. Their dedicated fans are pompous and arrogant. The Cameron Crazies are overrated. They don't do their research and won't engage in intelligent debate. Duke players are very disciplined, but they also get a lot of calls in their favor. When the calls don't go their way, they whine and complain. Coach K is a guy I respect a great deal, but he teaches his players to be crybabies. That I cannot accept or respect.

I don't abhor Duke, but I don't foresee rooting for them against Team X.
      Are you serious?
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=YHP8JYy0XmU

They are amazing. No student section gets more hyped/loud than they do. I go to UK, and I hate Kentucky fans/students. At football games they are boring and quiet (I'm the only one that yells during every defensive play in Commonwealth), same for the eRupption Zone in Rupp Arena, the student section for basketball games. They are an absolute joke and very quiet, no intelligent chants. "Walsh is ***." "Noah is ***". Idiots.

Comment

• http://youtube.com/watch?v=fYOgC2Qbqh4

This is why Duke sucks...

Paul

New York Giants
        New York Yankees
        UConn Basketball
        Virginia Tech Football
        UConn Football

Comment

• let me guess without even clicking the link.. it's that rap song

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• Originally posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
            let me guess without even clicking the link.. it's that rap song
            It was being called for...

Paul

New York Giants
            New York Yankees
            UConn Basketball
            Virginia Tech Football
            UConn Football

Comment

• My preseason pick to win it all is UNC. Lawson, Ellington, and TH are just going to carry that team, then throw in a really nice bench along with those 3 and well, yea.

I won't pick Memphis because even though they have insane talent on that team, I don't like Calipari as a coach and I don't think they've got what it takes to win it. I'll say UCLA vs UNC in the National Title Game.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I think Georgetown isn't respected enough, never being mentioned in any top 5 polls. Roy Hibbert as a college player is probably the most dominant this season. He is huge at 7-2" with good skills, and should really dominate the league. Jonathan Wallace and Jesse Sapp were one of the most underrated backcourt in college last year. Wallace shoots a sick 50% from the 3 point line and is as safe as a ball handler and passer as you get. He is that solid glue guy like a Will Conroy, or Taliek Brown, or Matteen Cleaves, that kinda guy. DaJaun Summers was amazing last year as a freshman and could be a late lottery pick next year. He is a carbon clone of Caron Butler. Pat Ewing Jr. is a solid bench guy. Hustles and actually has perimeter skills. As for the other guys, Veron Macklin who was the highly touted frosh last season is 2-3 years away from being a lottery pick. He is a more explosive Jeff Green, without the insane basketball IQ Green had. Doc's son Jeremiah Rivers was very good last year and has potential as a very good PG. Tyler Crawford is a freak athlete and defender he is like a linebacker out there. He does foul like crazy though, but coming off the bench he will punish him. JT3 had to tell him to hold back in practice because he was constantly elbowing, pushing, and jumping on the back of Jeff Green. Jeff Green had like 5 black eyes before the season started because Crawford was abusing him. He's a great intimating guy to have. Finally are the 2 McDonalds all americans coming in Austin Freeman and Chris Wright. Freeman is a man physically, very athletic, and a freakish scorer. Chris Wright reminds me of Acie Law. He can be that kind of bigtime clutch college player.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                  I think Georgetown isn't respected enough, never being mentioned in any top 5 polls.
                  You make a good case for them, but they are #5 in both the AP and Coaches Poll. I think that is pretty well respected.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                    You make a good case for them, but they are #5 in both the AP and Coaches Poll. I think that is pretty well respected.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings
                    I meant media polls like on ESPN, USA today, and such.

Comment

He is that solid glue guy like a Will Conroy, or Taliek Brown, or Matteen Cleaves, that kinda guy. DaJaun Summers was amazing last year as a freshman and could be a late lottery pick next year. He is a carbon clone of Caron Butler.
                      Good write-up, but no way was Taliek Brown a solid ball handler. He made way too many turnovers. The good thing about Taliek Brown though was that he knew the offense well. He was a leader on the court.

I agree with the Summers to Butler comparison too.

Paul

New York Giants
                      New York Yankees
                      UConn Basketball
                      Virginia Tech Football
                      UConn Football

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
                        Good write-up, but no way was Taliek Brown a solid ball handler. He made way too many turnovers. The good thing about Taliek Brown though was that he knew the offense well. He was a leader on the court.

I agree with the Summers to Butler comparison too.
                        Yeah it's scary Summers is the same height, body size, playing style, and their shots are even similar. And you are right on Brown, I was speaking more of a guy who glues the team together, runs a team, but is unheralded and doesn't have an NBA career.

Comment

Yeah it's scary Summers is the same height, body size, playing style, and their shots are even similar. And you are right on Brown, I was speaking more of a guy who glues the team together, runs a team, but is unheralded and doesn't have an NBA career.
                          UConn has had a few guys like that. Ricky Moore comes to mind. Biggest reason we won the 1999 National Title was Moore, not Richard Hamilton or Khalid El-Amin. Moore shut down Trajan Langdon in that game and had a career 1st half.

Paul

New York Giants
                          New York Yankees
                          UConn Basketball
                          Virginia Tech Football
                          UConn Football

Comment

• If any of you watched the Kentucky game last night, a few things were very clear. Ramel Bradley and Joe Crawford have disappointed me so much over their time at Kentucky. Both were such highly touted recruits, especially Crawford, and they haven't shown any realy improvement from their Freshman year. This year, they each have a 2 to 1 turnover to assist ratio, averaging 1.5 assists and 3 turnovers a game. Crawford may even end up with more turnovers than assists in his entire college career. They both miss way too many shots. Bradley has no business being the primarily ballhandler for this team. He makes so many boneheaded plays and never seems to get back on defense. What Crawford lacks is heart. He's going to end up going undrafted if he keeps on this pace, which saddens me considering the prospect he was supposed to be. They each show 0 passion while out there on the court. They never come back triumphantly after missing shots, what they do is bring the ball up the court and turn it over. I'm sick and tired of seeing the direction in which this team is going with these two at the helm. Our freshmans have showed much better IQ's than these two. We desperately need Derrick Jasper to come back, because he is closest to what we have as far as point guard goes. I think we should be starting Alex Legion at the other guard spot too. He's way too deadly of an offensive threat, especially with the three ball, to be sitting on the bench.

Comment

• Bradley was a 3 star player. He wasn't projected to be anything special. So as of now he is playing to what he was projected to do by national scouts.

Crawford on the other hand was the #2 SG in the country when he came out, he was supposed to be a superstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by BucSappy View Post
                                Bradley was a 3 star player. He wasn't projected to be anything special. So as of now he is playing to what he was projected to do by national scouts.

Crawford on the other hand was the #2 SG in the country when he came out, he was supposed to be a superstar.
                                Regardless about Bradley's ranking, if Gillespie continues to play him at the point, he's an idiot. He doesn't have a good basketball IQ and makes horrible decisions. What he needs to do is just constantly get to the line by any means necessary, because his free throw shooting is lights out.

Anyway, what do you think our chances are at grabbing Singleton? It's down to us and FSU. It would be a big catch if we were to land him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information