College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
    The reason it wouldnt even shock me that much is because sometimes 1 seeds have a star freshman and a few good sophmores. The 16 seeds usually win their conference to get in the tournament with 5 senior starters or atleast 4.
    See Mason, George.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
      You'd take Jason Williams over Bobby Hurley? Really? Wow....

Duke has ZERO front court production right now and that is going to kill them, especially when they play better defensive teams that can guard against the perimeter (ie Illinois). They need something from their bigs inside or it could be another long season.

Sure they're a talented squad, very talented but they're still young and without that post play they could struggle again. NMS was one of the worst teams I've seen in a while. Dribbling balls off their feet, air balling open 3's, missing layups, not hitting free throws, throwing balls away, horrible defense...But I do give Duke props for having a good showing.
      Jason was an example...NMS is picked to win the WAC, they are not shabby. Dukes Defense caused many of those misques, make no mistake about it.

By the way... COach K left his starters in because basically three of them are freshman, they need PT.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
        Jason was an example...NMS is picked to win the WAC, they are not shabby. Dukes Defense caused many of those misques, make no mistake about it.

By the way... COach K left his starters in because basically three of them are freshman, they need PT.

Who told you NMS was picked to win the WAC? Not even close, they're in a rebuilding year.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
          Who told you NMS was picked to win the WAC? Not even close, they're in a rebuilding year.
          Actually we were predicted by the coaches poll to win our conference again (the WAC). I guess you could say we are in a rebuilding year because we do have some talented recruits that havent got to play yet. (Herb Pope and Jahmar Young) Our only two big losses are Elijah Ingram and Tyrone Nelson. Nelson pleaded guilty to robbing a pizza boy of his pizza and got kicked off th team. haha For the most part we still have most of the starters. Justin Hawkins, Hatila Pasos, and Fred Peete started last year. As the starters go, this is the same team that pushed Kevin Durant and the Longhorns really well in the NCAA's last year. We really miss Ingram though. Jonathan Gibson didnt get to play much last year and Jaydee Luster is a freshman so we have almost no experience at the PG position.

Comment

• Not that it means much but Michigan State is up 45-26 at the half against Chicago State. Great job by the Freshman so far. Raymar Morgan has 15 points which is good to see. All around good start to the season :)

86-53 Final. Morgan had 25 points and 15 rebounds. Freshman combined for 31 points. Great game all around hopefully it continues :)
            Last edited by holtfan92; 11-13-2007, 08:01 PM.

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI

Comment

He's not "overrated". He just has the biggest job in college basketball being the Duke PG. Expectations of him were too high from the beginning. Basketball Fans don't overrated him, ESPN does. Either way he is a fine player, any true basketball fan knows this.

the biggest job in college basketball? homer much? walmart fans trip me out.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
              Titty sprinkles

Comment

• Preseason rankings are even more worthless in College B-Ball than in football. We all know that RPI is the better indicator of a team's success.

Originally posted by Halsey
                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Rodney Pierce put up 20 in a win over a Big East team!

...so what if it was South Florida

Comment

• not a big story or anything but quite the rare feat:
                    Lester Hudson from Tennessee-Martin puts up a quadruple-double
                    http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=273172630
                    JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

• Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
                      the biggest job in college basketball? homer much? walmart fans trip me out.
                      Uh, are you kidding me? The Duke PG is coach K's right hand man. Anyone who knows a thing or two about college hoops knows the Duke PG is the biggest job in the game. If I'm such a homer, prove me wrong. Whats a bigger?

Actually we were predicted by the coaches poll to win our conference again (the WAC)
                      aaa thank you...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• I love north carlolina

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarface View Post
                          I love north carlolina
                          Can you even name five players without looking at a roster first?

Comment

• And if you kept reading TT you'd realize that NMS did not have their entire squad against you guys either. Even you can admit these guys flat out sucked.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I am going to the ultra-critical GW vs. Boston University game this evening. Very much excited about getting back into college bball.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Uh, are you kidding me? The Duke PG is coach K's right hand man. Anyone who knows a thing or two about college hoops knows the Duke PG is the biggest job in the game. If I'm such a homer, prove me wrong. Whats a bigger?
                                only a arrogant duke fan could come up with that crap. Coach K's right hand man? who gives a damn? you could say the same for Roy Williams, Lute Olsen, Bill Self, John Calhoun, Tom Izzo, John Calipari, Rick Pitino, and countless other coaches. It's not like the media puts undue hype on overrated white Duke players. Paulus was the #1 PG coming out of high school. He's underachieved. Take those ugly ass duke blue glasses off.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                                Titty sprinkles

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information