• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
    Originally posted by cardsalltheway
    Originally posted by GB12
    Originally posted by JBond93
    That's fine, you crazy kids count out Ohio State. Once we get Oden for Big Ten play, we'll be NASTY!

Anyways, I'm not a giant College B-Ball fan, but I'll go to some games and watch most on TV. Basketball always alluded me as a sport.

I think OSU will struggle early without Oden, though they looked good last night and started getting it in the second half. We'll lose to UNC and Florida, but once Big Ten play hits, and Oden is back, we'll be right up there and take the Big Ten tournament. Matta is a beast of a coach.
    Im not a big fan of the NBA, but I love college basketball. And with Wisconsin and Marquette it will be a great year for me. I expect it to be a close race for the title between Wisconsin and OSU, but in the NCAA touney they should both get a high seed anyway.

And Cards, Im thinking IU will be anywhere from 4-6 in the Big Ten and around a 7-10 seed
    Why? Pretty much everybody I've seen says we're at least top 5 in the Big Ten. We got our best player back, a good coach and a group of young guards that are improving.
    1. Wisconsin
    2. Ohio State
    3. Indiana
    4. Illinois.

Thats how i see it falling out. I really think Indiana and Illinois will be a toss up.
    Same, with Illinois winning the toss up to be 3.

Comment

That's fine, you crazy kids count out Ohio State. Once we get Oden for Big Ten play, we'll be NASTY!

Anyways, I'm not a giant College B-Ball fan, but I'll go to some games and watch most on TV. Basketball always alluded me as a sport.

I think OSU will struggle early without Oden, though they looked good last night and started getting it in the second half. We'll lose to UNC and Florida, but once Big Ten play hits, and Oden is back, we'll be right up there and take the Big Ten tournament. Matta is a beast of a coach.
      Im not a big fan of the NBA, but I love college basketball. And with Wisconsin and Marquette it will be a great year for me. I expect it to be a close race for the title between Wisconsin and OSU, but in the NCAA touney they should both get a high seed anyway.

And Cards, Im thinking IU will be anywhere from 4-6 in the Big Ten and around a 7-10 seed
      Why? Pretty much everybody I've seen says we're at least top 5 in the Big Ten. We got our best player back, a good coach and a group of young guards that are improving.
      Yea but other then DJ White who do you have? Illinois has a lot more talent then IU does, RIGHT NOW and we're a deeper team.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Earl Calloway emerged as a very good point guard late last year, AJ Ratliff had a great freshman campaign and has recovered from his injury last year and Rodrick Wilmont was the best 6th man in the nation last year but he started like two too many games to qualify and will be starting this year. I just realized I read that wrong, i thought GB was saying we would win 4 Big Ten games.

Comment

Earl Calloway emerged as a very good point guard late last year, AJ Ratliff had a great freshman campaign and has recovered from his injury last year and Rodrick Wilmont was the best 6th man in the nation last year but he started like two too many games to qualify and will be starting this year. I just realized I read that wrong, i thought GB was saying we would win 4 Big Ten games.
          Lol. There are some Big Ten duds that I'm sure you'll beat.

Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Ohio State, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, and Michigan are the only teams worth a damn in this conference. Well Penn State is decent but not to the other teams' level.

MSU lost to a Div. III school, or maybe it was a Div. II school. I forget but it's still pathetic. I'm telling you, there is not one DOMINANT team in this conference, there's really no clear cut favorite to win this thing right now.

Wisconsin has 2 awesome players in Tucker and Taylor but other then them I don't think they have a very good supporting cast. But Tucker is one of the best players in the nation, and so is Taylor. So they'll be very tough to beat this season.

Ohio State while having a lot of YOUNG talent, I don't see a bunch of freshman leading this team to where people think they're going. Losing Dials last year really hurt. Oden will be very good but I quesiton the freshman leadership on this team.

Illinois is a conondrum. Us Illini fans have high hopes for this team but we have no idea of how good we can be. We'll either be a pretty tough team this season or a very good team this season capable of winning the Big 10. A lot of questions have to be answered on this team, but IF they are I think we can take the conference.

Indiana while getting their best player back, I just dont' see them finishing at #1 or #2, I even have a hard time seeing them at #3 but who knows. They do have a pretty good supporting cast, but they are not as deep, nor as talented as Illinois, Wisconsin, and Ohio State are.

The other teams, eh I'm not going to analyze them.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but young talent can take you a long way in basketball. Oden is mature beyond his years of course, and Terwilliger is the veteran presence on the team. At this point, yes, Wisconsin is better. But if we are going to project the future, you give this OSU team a ew months to mature, I'm feeling it. They don't have to be great now, they have to be great 2 or 3 months. That's why I like our chances :)

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

this is really not aout a team but yesterday i went to the Oregon Vs. USC game... i got there at 10:30 in the morning.

needless to say i had alot of time on my hands... so we wne t and watched the mens bball team play cal poly pamona in a preseason game it was free. anyways for my thought. USC just opened a new arena for bball and volleyball(The Galen Center) its very nice . cushions seats cupholders. you know stuff they dont have in a football statdium that hasnt een updated in forever (THE collesium)(sp?) anyways yesterday was awesome... lawrence jackson had a huge game 3 SACKS!!!!! steve smith woot.

that is all

Comment

Ok, I know this board is full of Big Ten fans, but are there any big east fans here.

Comment

I enjoy Pitt? Couldn't tell you anything about their B-Ball team though, other than they are supposed to be pretty good :P

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Ok, I know this board is full of Big Ten fans, but are there any big east fans here.
                      not really, but with 20 teams at least one is bound to interest me. I'll root for Providence and maybe a little Syracuse now that they have Paul Harris

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but young talent can take you a long way in basketball. Oden is mature beyond his years of course, and Terwilliger is the veteran presence on the team. At this point, yes, Wisconsin is better. But if we are going to project the future, you give this OSU team a ew months to mature, I'm feeling it. They don't have to be great now, they have to be great 2 or 3 months. That's why I like our chances :)
                        Yes, talent does take you a long way, but so does experience, and that's something tOSU doesn't have.

I think it's going to be a three horse race b/w Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Illinois personally. With Indiana coming in 4th.

Comment

I think Wisconsin is definitely the best team in the Big Ten and that UI, OSU and IU will be battling for the other 3 spots.

Comment

I think Wisconsin is definitely the best team in the Big Ten and that UI, OSU and IU will be battling for the other 3 spots.
                            I wouldnt say UW's definitely the best, I think OSU is right up there with them. I would say that Indiana and Illinois are pretty equal.

Comment

I wouldnt say UW's definitely the best, I think OSU is right up there with them. I would say that Indiana and Illinois are pretty equal.
                              Illinois is going to shock a lot of people in the College Basketball world, I will guarnatee you that. Right now both McBride and Randle are out but when they get back, we'll be an exciting team to watch.

Comment

tOSU will rape the big10 in basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information