Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah i have been pleasantly surprised with uconn basketball so far

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
      ANOTHER UCONN FAN!?
      You better believe it, but I don't really show my true colors until December while I wait for Bowl Season.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
        You better believe it, but I don't really show my true colors until December while I wait for Bowl Season.
        understandable...its hard to get pumped to play Gardner-Webb

Paul

New York Giants
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks (unfortunately)
        UConn Basketball
        Virginia Tech Football
        UConn Football

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
          understandable...its hard to get pumped to play Gardner-Webb
          Yeah, there's a difference between winning the Maui Invitational on a last-second hook shot.....and playing Gardner-Webb.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• IU played like garbage again tonight. I don't understand how Kelvin, who is famous for his focus on defense and rebounding, could put a team out there that would give up such easy baskets and get dominated on the boards for the majority of the game. Lance Stemler needs to be benched ASAP, he's a major part of the problem. And I really hope that whatever Crawford did isn't that serious, our bench is thin as is.
            Last edited by cardsalltheway; 11-27-2007, 08:47 PM.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

• Watched the Loosiers play tonight and here are my thoughts;

- Very talented team, no doubt about that. Based on that talent, they're a top 10 team IMO. Ellis, White, EJ, Basset, Crawford (when active), Stemler, White, etc...

- Run the floor very well. I think Sanctions should just let them play a fast paced up and down game to utilize EJ and Bassetts's open court ability, White's athleticism, and Ellis' playmaking skills. Seems when they slow it down, they look confused unless EJ is drving and taking it to the hoop.

- Thomas is a fat waste of space. He can't stay out of foul trouble, he can't last for any amount of time out there, and he's lazy

- IU will have troubles against teams with good front lines

- EJ does not like to get bodied and whines every time the whistle blows on him

- IU had to rely on missed layups/free throws and horrible turnovers by GT along with Stemler going nuts (only hit 2 threes coming in and was horrid last season) to beat an average Georgia Tech team

- Sanctions should not even be allowed to coach in the NCAA's right now, but that's another subject

IU will do some things in March, but they are not playing well right now, at all.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Ugly showing for Minnesota. They picked a bad day to miss all of their shots. Why they didn't work it more into Tollackson instead of constantly throwing up 3's is beyond me.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                  - Run the floor very well. I think Sanctions should just let them play a fast paced up and down game to utilize EJ and Bassetts's open court ability, White's athleticism, and Ellis' playmaking skills. Seems when they slow it down, they look confused unless EJ is drving and taking it to the hoop.
                  I agreed with pretty much everything you said, except for this to an extent. Their transition defense has been a major problem so far this year and Tech exploited that early in the game, as did Xavier on Saturday. However, I do agree on the offensive standpoint of that. IU just doesn't have the strength down low to run a half-court set like they have been. It usually ends up with 4 men outside the arch and DJ trying to overpower whoever he has on him inside. DJ is a strong player, but he doesn't always attack hard and forcing him into a situation like that make the offense anemic.

They continued their trend of slow starts again today though, EJ didn't score a field goal until about 10 minutes in, Ellis got all but 3 of his points in the 2nd half and obviously Ga Tech jumped out early. They can NOT do that during Big Ten season, especially on the road, which is something they've have problems with since Knight left. I realize they're a young team, but they need to play 40 minutes of good basketball if they want to live up to their potential, the 30 good minutes they played tonight isn't gonna cut it much longer.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

• Duke is playing great against Wisconsin. I'm comfortable saying that Duke is the best shooting team in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      Ugly showing for Minnesota. They picked a bad day to miss all of their shots. Why they didn't work it more into Tollackson instead of constantly throwing up 3's is beyond me.
                      Bad day to miss all their shots? Minnesota sucks man. They're going to continue this trend as the season goes along my friend.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I see that Kelvin Sampson decided to let Mike White play this year. The original plan was to have him redshirt.

I think it's a good idea. MW is an undersized PF who has very limited offensive game, but he is also a very good rebounder and a solid defender. IU has been missing both of those this year.

I really wish Eli Holman wouldn't be as raw as he is. Having a true Center with his shot-blocking ability and athleticism inside would do wonders for this squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                          Bad day to miss all their shots? Minnesota sucks man. They're going to continue this trend as the season goes along my friend.
                          Minnesota wil beat the Illinois this season. The Illinois suck as well.

BF51, are you a closet commie?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                            Minnesota wil beat the Illinois this season. The Illinois suck as well.

BF51, are you a closet commie?
                            Haha Illinois sucks? I admit we're not a top team right now, but we're pretty damn good IMO. Duke is better than I thought they'd be (I'll admit that) and they played awesome against us but as the season goes on we'll get better and better.

Minnesota is a bottom Big 10 team.

Comment

• Since there's no High School Basketball thread i would just like to tell you guys that my High School Team beat Compton Centennial and tonight were going to play Farfax!

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                                Since there's no High School Basketball thread i would just like to tell you guys that my High School Team beat Compton Centennial and tonight were going to play Farfax!
                                I love high school hoops do you play on the team?
                                Originally posted by nvot9
                                I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                                Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                                Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                                Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                                Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information