No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Bengals and UK fan, things haven't been so smooth for me.

However, UK is showing signs of coming around. Jodie Meeks will be back for good hopefully next Saturday, Patrick Patterson is an absolute freaking stud... Most consistant player on our team.

Comment

• well Ohio State handed Florida their asses yesterday...it's only the Gator's second loss...but the only two competitive teams they have played this season (FSU and OSU) they've lost by double digits...

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
        I'm a Bengals and UK fan, things haven't been so smooth for me.

However, UK is showing signs of coming around. Jodie Meeks will be back for good hopefully next Saturday, Patrick Patterson is an absolute freaking stud... Most consistant player on our team.
        Jasper is also making his way back. The whole Legion situation is a shame though.

Comment

• They said Jasper still has a noticable limp, I don't know what to think of him... Not sure if he'll even make it back this year, we can only hope.

Having Meeks and Patterson on the court is just massive, they're the two smartest/most gifted players on the team.

Sucks that Legion is gone but he doesn't know what he wants, just as well that he left now.

Comment

• He can't play until a year from January though.

Comment

• Good to see Sutton having a chance at his 800th win.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3168981
              Originally posted by nvot9
              I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
              Indianapolis Colts 13-3
              Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• i will never understand the Legion move is it due to academics? cause it certainly wasnt PT... he basically wasted 2 years of elgibility seeing he barely played this year and has to wait almost till the end of next year

USF definately has a talent team he surely will get it... hes a great coach

Comment

• Originally posted by WildDude View Post
                  i will never understand the Legion move is it due to academics? cause it certainly wasnt PT... he basically wasted 2 years of elgibility seeing he barely played this year and has to wait almost till the end of next year

USF definately has a talent team he surely will get it... hes a great coach
                  I'm pretty confident that part of the problem was playing time. He just wasn't buying in to the whole Gillespie system and seemed upset that he wasn't gettting into the games where we had some of our scrubs playing ahead of him. In those games, the fans were chanting Legion's name and booed when he was taken out of the game after a short stint out there. Another factor is his mother I believe, she's pretty controlling and wanted his son out where he could go someplace where he can play.

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
                    Good to see Sutton having a chance at his 800th win.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3168981
                    Yeah seems like everyone is complaining about his DUI incident.

Big deal, the guy likes the sauce, get off his case.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• How has this not been posted in today.

Wisconsin over (9) Texas
                      Dayton over (6) Pittsburgh
                      Winthrop over (19) Miami
                      Boise State over (21) BYU
                      Oklahoma over (23) West Virginia

Comment

• I thought Dayton would play a good game against Pitt, but not a manhandle. And I think that West Virginia just benefited from a weak schedule and got out-classed by an underrated Oklahoma team (Don't kill me RyanLeaf).

Originally posted by Halsey
                        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• The Wildcats are just hard to watch now. I just want them to be healthy for once, looks like our only shot to get in is winning the SEC tourny.

Legion's issue had a lot to do with the intense practices and his mother. His mom has been mentioned by several press/team family members as yelling at coach throughout the game for how he was managing things. She didn't like the fact that coach cussed at the players. A lot of it had to do with her, coach also puts a lot of emphasis on defense which isn't a strong suit for Legion. Illinois might have their hands full but I'd say they will calm down after sitting out a year.

Comment

• hey everybody, I started a NCAA basketball draft in the fantasy section please go join it.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Kentucky wins by 43 the day they get both Jasper and Meeks back. Coincidence? I think not. I know it was Florida International, but still, it's impressive considering how we've been playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                                Kentucky wins by 43 the day they get both Jasper and Meeks back. Coincidence? I think not. I know it was Florida International, but still, it's impressive considering how we've been playing.
                                Amen. That 4 guard lineup was IMPRESSIVE. They took off running every chance they got, Ramel was finally able to be a 2 guard which is what he needs to be. Meeks is lights out if he gets an open 3.

Everytime Patterson touches the ball something good happens whether he's passing it or taking the shot. Jasper is such a smart/amazing passer.

Really annoyed Patterson isn't getting more attention nationally, yes, we've obviously struggled but he's an absolute beast.

18 Pts, 8 Rebounds, 2 assists a game and 67% from the field for the year... All while recieving double and triple teams. One of the best freshman to ever play for UK, in terms of maturity and skill he's far beyond his years.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information