No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not that anyone here cares about the valley, but Illinois State are 3-0 in the valley with wins at creighton, at witchita , and home against Southern Ill. 11-3 on the year and definately a front runner for the Valley title.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
      Pitt at Nova today, two top 25 teams at the moment in a Big East game. Pitt's banged up and Villanova is coming off a bad loss to DePaul in their first Big East game. It'll be interesting to see who pulls this one out, ugly game so far. Pitt definitely misses fields a lot they've been turning it over a ton and Nova definitely misses Casiem Drummond inside they haven't been nearly the same without him.
      Great first half. Pitt just drilled a 3 pointer to tie the game before half. 30-30 at the break.
      Originally posted by nvot9
      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
        Great first half. Pitt just drilled a 3 pointer to tie the game before half. 30-30 at the break.
        Very sloppy early on but both teams got it going later. Should be a great second half as well. Blair is just huge inside for Pitt and Villlanova really has no answer with Drummond out. Malcolm Grant was huge for them in the first half, as the years go on he's going to develop into a very nice player he's impressive whenever he gets minutes.

Comment

Very sloppy early on but both teams got it going later. Should be a great second half as well. Blair is just huge inside for Pitt and Villlanova really has no answer with Drummond out. Malcolm Grant was huge for them in the first half, as the years go on he's going to develop into a very nice player he's impressive whenever he gets minutes.
          I graduated from the same high school as Bradley Wannamaker on Pitt. I graduated in 02 he graduated in 07, but he was an animal in high school. Him and Reggie Redding who is on Villanova now used to battle in the Philadelphia Catholic League.
          I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I graduated from the same high school as Bradley Wannamaker on Pitt. I graduated in 02 he graduated in 07, but he was an animal in high school. Him and Reggie Redding who is on Villanova now used to battle in the Philadelphia Catholic League.
            Redding's pretty solid, usually manages to get into the rotation. Haven't seen much of Wannamaker but I'll assume he's a frosh so he's got plenty of time. I go to Nova now, I'm on break so not there but obviously am interested in the game's results. Freshman have been solid and we'll be good at the guards for awhile but the inside play especially defensively and on the boards has been pretty bad. Totally different team with Drummond though obviously we were playing lesser competition.

Comment

Redding's pretty solid, usually manages to get into the rotation. Haven't seen much of Wannamaker but I'll assume he's a frosh so he's got plenty of time. I go to Nova now, I'm on break so not there but obviously am interested in the game's results. Freshman have been solid and we'll be good at the guards for awhile but the inside play especially defensively and on the boards has been pretty bad. Totally different team with Drummond though obviously we were playing lesser competition.
              I was at a high school game last week. Jay Wright was sitting besides me. Hes real big on a junior from the school I went to Maalik Wayns. Remember that name. He is going to be a monster at Nova if he keeps his verbal.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I was at a high school game last week. Jay Wright was sitting besides me. Hes real big on a junior from the school I went to Maalik Wayns. Remember that name. He is going to be a monster at Nova if he keeps his verbal.
                Yeah I remember we had a verbal from Wayns. Hopefully he does keep it, our guards are solid but I have a feeling he's more talented than most guys we've recruited and we tend to do pretty well with midlevel guys anyway (Grant who has been a monster today was just a three star) so a guy as highly regarded as Wayns should be a great player. Looks like your high school's got a pretty solid basketball program.

Pitt is really controlling the boards in this game, not sure on the exact numbers but I'd imagine they're dominating, especially on the offensive glass.

Comment

Yeah I remember we had a verbal from Wayns. Hopefully he does keep it, our guards are solid but I have a feeling he's more talented than most guys we've recruited and we tend to do pretty well with midlevel guys anyway (Grant who has been a monster today was just a three star) so a guy as highly regarded as Wayns should be a great player. Looks like your high school's got a pretty solid basketball program.

Pitt is really controlling the boards in this game, not sure on the exact numbers but I'd imagine they're dominating, especially on the offensive glass.
                  Yea just to name a few players: Recently passed McDonalds all american and NBA player Eddie Griffin, Rasaul Butler, Marvin Harrison who was a first team all catholic but obviously turned into one of the best NFL receivers ever, Charron Fisher who is leading the nation in scoring at Niagara with 27 PPG, NBA coach Tom O'brien. There is a bunch more but they are probably the ones you would know.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                  Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                  Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• I <3 Scottie Reynolds.

Comment

Yea just to name a few players: Recently passed McDonalds all american and NBA player Eddie Griffin, Rasaul Butler, Marvin Harrison who was a first team all catholic but obviously turned into one of the best NFL receivers ever, Charron Fisher who is leading the nation in scoring at Niagara with 27 PPG, NBA coach Tom O'brien. There is a bunch more but they are probably the ones you would know.
                      Definitely know all of those guys. I remember you saying Harrison went there but that's a pretty impressive list.

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                      I <3 Scottie Reynolds.
                      Scottie's had a rough day today. I've been impressed with the fact that he hasn't been forcing it, he knows he's off. Just had a nice look inside to Cunningham. Impressive that we've stayed in this without probably our best scorer doing much scoring at all. Great depth at the guard spots helps a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                        I <3 Scottie Reynolds.
                        I personally think Scottie is garbage.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                        Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                        Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I personally think Scottie is garbage.
                          Scottie's very up and down. When he's good he's good, but over the course of the year I think Grant and Fisher are going to get more looks offensively than Scottie will. That said he does tend to make some nice hustle plays and can explode at times for huge games. Don't think he's really much more than a role player on a good team, but if he's your star player and you don't have anybody else to step up you're in trouble. Nice win for Nova, tough game overall.

Comment

Scottie's very up and down. When he's good he's good, but over the course of the year I think Grant and Fisher are going to get more looks offensively than Scottie will. That said he does tend to make some nice hustle plays and can explode at times for huge games. Don't think he's really much more than a role player on a good team, but if he's your star player and you don't have anybody else to step up you're in trouble. Nice win for Nova, tough game overall.
                            I think Scottie is a good role player yes I agree 100%, but hes not what a McDonalds All-American should be. I had way higher expectations for him coming into this season. Not that im a Nova fan at all, but I figured he would be one of the better players in the country.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                            Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                            Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I think Scottie is a good role player yes I agree 100%, but hes not what a McDonalds All-American should be. I had way higher expectations for him coming into this season. Not that im a Nova fan at all, but I figured he would be one of the better players in the country.

He reminds me a lot of Dominic James, pretty much the same situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                                He reminds me a lot of Dominic James, pretty much the same situation.
                                Dominic James has gotten worse every year from the time he was a freshman.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                                Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                                Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information