College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yodachu
    All I hsve gotta ask, name me 20 teams better than Duke. I agree we prolly aren't a top ten team, but we are a top 20 team.
    Ok then Illinois is a top 20 team. Here I'll name 20 teams that are better than Duke IMO.

Wisky
    OSU
    Florida
    Kansas
    Alabama
    Marquette
    UNC
    Georgia Tech
    UCONN
    LSU
    Witchita State
    Arizona
    Maryland
    Memphis
    Texas A & M
    Pittsburgh
    UCLA
    Memphis
    Washington
    Illinois

Yes, that's right I put Illinois in there. A team that has two losses this non conference season despite the fact that we've yet to field a healthy full squad of players. Even in the Mizzou game Carter was banged up and Randle wasn't fully healthy. Hell Jamar is still getting healthy.

If any of you watched the first half of the Arizona game this year and how well we played. Well think of that times about 2 because we were without Smith and Randle.

I'll put my boys out there right now and say they're a better team then Duke. I'll argue it right here and right now, on paper we are a better team than Duke.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34

Ok then Illinois is a top 20 team. Here I'll name 20 teams that are better than Duke IMO.

Wisky
      OSU
      Florida
      Kansas
      Alabama
      Marquette
      UNC
      Georgia Tech
      UCONN
      LSU
      Witchita State
      Arizona
      Maryland
      Memphis
      Texas A & M
      Pittsburgh
      UCLA
      Memphis
      Washington
      Illinois
      your reachin for the ones in bold, and u listed memphis twice.

it must have been a long day

Comment

• Originally posted by danman253
        Originally posted by sweetness34

Wisky
        OSU
        Florida
        Kansas
        Alabama
        Marquette
        UNC
        Georgia Tech
        UCONN
        LSU
        Witchita State
        Arizona
        Maryland
        Memphis
        Texas A & M
        Pittsburgh
        UCLA
        Memphis
        Washington
        Illinois

Marquette :!: :?: :?: how's that reaching they BEAT Duke.

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu
          All I hsve gotta ask, name me 20 teams better than Duke. I agree we prolly aren't a top ten team, but we are a top 20 team.

Wisky
          OSU
          Florida
          Kansas
          Alabama
          Marquette
          UNC

Georgia Tech
          UCONN
          LSU

Witchita State
          Arizona
          Maryland

Memphis
          Texas A & M
          Pittsburgh
          UCLA

Memphis
          Washington
          Illinois

Yes, that's right I put Illinois in there. A team that has two losses this non conference season despite the fact that we've yet to field a healthy full squad of players. Even in the Mizzou game Carter was banged up and Randle wasn't fully healthy. Hell Jamar is still getting healthy.

If any of you watched the first half of the Arizona game this year and how well we played. Well think of that times about 2 because we were without Smith and Randle.

I'll put my boys out there right now and say they're a better team then Duke. I'll argue it right here and right now, on paper we are a better team than Duke.
          Teams in bold are ones I agree with.

Teams in italics I could see.

I'm not sold on Witcita St. U have Memphis on their twice.........and I think they are inconsistent too. A&M....

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
            If it wasnt for the Rams yoda would be the definition of Fairweather.
            College wise, I am a fair weathered fan, I will admit it.

Comment

• That's still 15 better that you agree with. Clearly they are ranked so high in large part because of their name.

Comment

• Duke hating..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Comment

• Originally posted by yodachu
                  Originally posted by yodachu

Wisky
                  OSU
                  Florida
                  Kansas
                  Alabama
                  Marquette
                  UNC

Georgia Tech
                  UCONN
                  LSU

Witchita State
                  Arizona
                  Maryland

Memphis
                  Texas A & M
                  Pittsburgh
                  UCLA

Memphis
                  Washington
                  Illinois

Teams in bold are ones I agree with.

Teams in italics I could see.

I'm not sold on Witcita St. U have Memphis on their twice.........and I think they are inconsistent too. A&M....
                  I was hoping that A&M wouldve taken one of the LSU,UCLA games, but I still think that they will be a large factor in the tournament

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12
                    That's still 15 better that you agree with. Clearly they are ranked so high in large part because of their name.
                    AND ALSO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE ELEVEN AND ******* ONE. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SO WHAT WE WIN UGLY? A LOT OF TEAMS TEAMS WIN UGLY. WE DON'T HAVE TO RUN A TEAM OUT OF THE BUILDING. COACH K HAS ALWAYS BEEN A GUY TO NOT RUN AWAY WITH THE GAME. THE 1 VS. 16 GAME WE PLAY ARE USUALLY WITHIN 20 POINTS. I COULD GIVE A **** WE WIN UGLY!

Comment

• I'm just saying that they are getting a better ranking because of their history. Are they top 20 yes, top ten not right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by danman253

Wisky
                        OSU
                        Florida
                        Kansas
                        Alabama
                        Marquette
                        UNC
                        Georgia Tech
                        UCONN
                        LSU
                        Witchita State
                        Arizona
                        Maryland
                        Memphis
                        Texas A & M
                        Pittsburgh
                        UCLA
                        Memphis
                        Washington
                        Illinois

How am I reaching on Illinois? How, seriously. We've lost 2 games due IMO to injuries and just bad luck. Duke has lost 1 game with a full squad.

Paulus and McRoberts are waaaay to inconsistent for my liking. You can't count on either one to play well every game. Nelson has been their consistent player this season but other than that, I just don't see it. Scheyer is a freshman who won't be able to carry the load. And they don't have a lot of depth. The lack a real inside presence as well. The jury is still out on Josh.

Illinois has battled injuries and bad luck all non-conference. Yet we've almost knocked off two ranked teams in Maryland and Arizona, two games that we should have won. We just beat a good Missouri team on Monday, and again our squad was not completely healthy. Warren Carter has played like an All-Big 10 player so far. Shaun Pruitt is slowly emerging as a low post threat. Chester Frazier has been very good, I thin he's top 10 in assists nationally. Jamar is a great offensive weapon off the bench. Brian Randle is an All-Big 10 caliber player when he's healthy, and he's shown signs of an outside shot already. Calvin Brock has been awesome so far, giving us a true 6th man off the bench. If Rich McBride can give us ANY production what so ever, we are going to be damn good. He's really struggled so far but I think he can put it together.

Trent Meacham gives us a solid PG off the bench and Marcus Arnold gives us decent minutes at the forward postion. One of our better freshman Semrau is gone for the season with a viral infection, he'll be really missed.

I will argue that Illinois is better team than Duke right here right now. We've IMO a tougher schedule so far this season and only have one more loss, not to mention the injuries. Maryland, Arizona, and Missouri against Marquette, Georgetown, and Gonazaga. I'd take the latter if I was making a schedule.

Btw how am I reaching on Marquette, they beat Duke by what was it 13?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by danman253

Wisky
                          OSU
                          Florida
                          Kansas
                          Alabama
                          Marquette
                          UNC
                          Georgia Tech
                          UCONN
                          LSU
                          Witchita State
                          Arizona
                          Maryland
                          Memphis
                          Texas A & M
                          Pittsburgh
                          UCLA
                          Memphis
                          Washington
                          Illinois

Marquette :!: :?: :?: how's that reaching they BEAT Duke.

The zags beat NC, but i'd take NC over them, heard of a an off-day?

also North Dakota State? Yeah thats what i thought

Comment

I'm just saying that they are getting a better ranking because of their history. Are they top 20 yes, top ten not right now.
                            Yeah, I agree with that. To say Duke is not a top 20 team is moronic, no matter how much u hate them. In college basketball, if aren't a Cameran Crazy, u are a Duke hater. And there are certianantly more Duke Haters........

Comment

Wisky
                              OSU
                              Florida
                              Kansas
                              Alabama
                              Marquette
                              UNC
                              Georgia Tech
                              UCONN
                              LSU
                              Witchita State
                              Arizona
                              Maryland
                              Memphis
                              Texas A & M
                              Pittsburgh
                              UCLA
                              Memphis
                              Washington
                              Illinois

How am I reaching on Illinois? How, seriously. We've lost 2 games due IMO to injuries and just bad luck. Duke has lost 1 game with a full squad.

Paulus and McRoberts are waaaay to inconsistent for my liking. You can't count on either one to play well every game. Nelson has been their consistent player this season but other than that, I just don't see it. Scheyer is a freshman who won't be able to carry the load. And they don't have a lot of depth. The lack a real inside presence as well. The jury is still out on Josh.

Illinois has battled injuries and bad luck all non-conference. Yet we've almost knocked off two ranked teams in Maryland and Arizona, two games that we should have won. We just beat a good Missouri team on Monday, and again our squad was not completely healthy. Warren Carter has played like an All-Big 10 player so far. Shaun Pruitt is slowly emerging as a low post threat. Chester Frazier has been very good, I thin he's top 10 in assists nationally. Jamar is a great offensive weapon off the bench. Brian Randle is an All-Big 10 caliber player when he's healthy, and he's shown signs of an outside shot already. Calvin Brock has been awesome so far, giving us a true 6th man off the bench. If Rich McBride can give us ANY production what so ever, we are going to be damn good. He's really struggled so far but I think he can put it together.

Trent Meacham gives us a solid PG off the bench and Marcus Arnold gives us decent minutes at the forward postion. One of our better freshman Semrau is gone for the season with a viral infection, he'll be really missed.

I will argue that Illinois is better team than Duke right here right now. We've IMO a tougher schedule so far this season and only have one more loss, not to mention the injuries. Maryland, Arizona, and Missouri against Marquette, Georgetown, and Gonazaga. I'd take the latter if I was making a schedule.

Quite possibly the loss to ND State at home.

Comment

Wisky
                                OSU
                                Florida
                                Kansas
                                Alabama
                                Marquette
                                UNC
                                Georgia Tech
                                UCONN
                                LSU
                                Witchita State
                                Arizona
                                Maryland
                                Memphis
                                Texas A & M
                                Pittsburgh
                                UCLA
                                Memphis
                                Washington
                                Illinois

Aight i watch every illinois game, and dude they are gonna be in trouble once they enter big ten play. They nearly gave away that Mizzouri game. I'd say OSU, Wisconsin, MSU, and MICHIGAN can beat you in the big ten.

Also Marquette got lucky, they are not good at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information