No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not fudging Duke hating yoda, jesus. It's the friggin facts. The only reason they're in the top 10 is because they're Duke.

You don't lose 2 All-ACC players to lottery picks, along with another good senior in Dockery and remain in the top 15 unless you've got the name. And that's what Duke has, is it's name. Put Illinois in the same situation, which they were this season and we'd be ranked 40th, which we were.

There's no debate here.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by danman253
      Originally posted by GB12
      Originally posted by danman253
      Originally posted by sweetness34

Ok then Illinois is a top 20 team. Here I'll name 20 teams that are better than Duke IMO.

Wisky
      OSU
      Florida
      Kansas
      Alabama
      Marquette
      UNC
      Georgia Tech
      UCONN
      LSU
      Witchita State
      Arizona
      Maryland
      Memphis
      Texas A & M
      Pittsburgh
      UCLA
      Memphis
      Washington
      Illinois
      your reachin for the ones in bold, and u listed memphis twice.

it must have been a long day
      Marquette :!: :?: :?: how's that reaching they BEAT Duke.

The zags beat NC, but i'd take NC over them, heard of a an off-day?

also North Dakota State? Yeah thats what i thought
      This could be a bit of homerism here but I'd take Marquette over Duke
      7 out of 10 times

Comment

• Sweetness, come on, i'm sitting next to 5 guys who go to Illinois, are die hard fans, and calling you friggin nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
          It's not fudging Duke hating yoda, jesus. It's the friggin facts. The only reason they're in the top 10 is because they're Duke.

You don't lose 2 All-ACC players to lottery picks, along with another good senior in Dockery and remain in the top 15 unless you've got the name. And that's what Duke has, is it's name. Put Illinois in the same situation, which they were this season and we'd be ranked 40th, which we were.

There's no debate here.
          Yeah, it ******* is....u have us outside the ******* top 20, and we are ******* 11-1. I agree, we aren't a top 10 team, top 15 yes, top 20, absolutley.

Comment

Ok then Illinois is a top 20 team. Here I'll name 20 teams that are better than Duke IMO.

Wisky
            OSU
            Florida
            Kansas
            Alabama
            Marquette
            UNC
            Georgia Tech
            UCONN
            LSU
            Witchita State
            Arizona
            Maryland
            Memphis
            Texas A & M
            Pittsburgh
            UCLA
            Memphis
            Washington
            Illinois

How am I reaching on Illinois? How, seriously. We've lost 2 games due IMO to injuries and just bad luck. Duke has lost 1 game with a full squad.

Paulus and McRoberts are waaaay to inconsistent for my liking. You can't count on either one to play well every game. Nelson has been their consistent player this season but other than that, I just don't see it. Scheyer is a freshman who won't be able to carry the load. And they don't have a lot of depth. The lack a real inside presence as well. The jury is still out on Josh.

Illinois has battled injuries and bad luck all non-conference. Yet we've almost knocked off two ranked teams in Maryland and Arizona, two games that we should have won. We just beat a good Missouri team on Monday, and again our squad was not completely healthy. Warren Carter has played like an All-Big 10 player so far. Shaun Pruitt is slowly emerging as a low post threat. Chester Frazier has been very good, I thin he's top 10 in assists nationally. Jamar is a great offensive weapon off the bench. Brian Randle is an All-Big 10 caliber player when he's healthy, and he's shown signs of an outside shot already. Calvin Brock has been awesome so far, giving us a true 6th man off the bench. If Rich McBride can give us ANY production what so ever, we are going to be damn good. He's really struggled so far but I think he can put it together.

Trent Meacham gives us a solid PG off the bench and Marcus Arnold gives us decent minutes at the forward postion. One of our better freshman Semrau is gone for the season with a viral infection, he'll be really missed.

I will argue that Illinois is better team than Duke right here right now. We've IMO a tougher schedule so far this season and only have one more loss, not to mention the injuries. Maryland, Arizona, and Missouri against Marquette, Georgetown, and Gonazaga. I'd take the latter if I was making a schedule.

Btw how am I reaching on Marquette, they beat Duke by what was it 13?
            Aight i watch every illinois game, and dude they are gonna be in trouble once they enter big ten play. They nearly gave away that Mizzouri game. I'd say OSU, Wisconsin, MSU, and MICHIGAN can beat you in the big ten.

Also Marquette got lucky, they are not good at all.
            Dude the Missouri game is always close, it was even close 2 years ago when we went to the Final 4. Not sure what you're argument is there.

Yoda, we have yet to field a full and healthy team, you cannot judge us based on our wins and losses right now. Randle, Smith, Carter, Pruitt, and Frazier are all banged up.

Butler beat Gonzaga by more than you did and they're what 14th? And Zaga was playing better then.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

It's not fudging Duke hating yoda, jesus. It's the friggin facts. The only reason they're in the top 10 is because they're Duke.

There's no debate here.
              How about NC last year? Lose 3 lottery picks, get a 3 seed? Come on sweetness, you are reaching

Comment

• Originally posted by yodachu

There's no debate here.
                Yeah, it *********** is....u have us outside the *********** top 20, and we are *********** 11-1. I agree, we aren't a top 10 team, top 15 yes, top 20, absolutley.
                No you aren't, not right now. Georgetown is down right bad and Zaga is falling off the friggin map. IU is terrible this season and you won by what 3 points.

Maybe later on in the year you're a top 20 team but I've seen you guys play about 6 times this season, and you are not top 20, period.

Comment

Wisky
                  OSU
                  Florida
                  Kansas
                  Alabama
                  Marquette
                  UNC
                  Georgia Tech
                  UCONN
                  LSU
                  Witchita State
                  Arizona
                  Maryland
                  Memphis
                  Texas A & M
                  Pittsburgh
                  UCLA
                  Memphis
                  Washington
                  Illinois

How am I reaching on Illinois? How, seriously. We've lost 2 games due IMO to injuries and just bad luck. Duke has lost 1 game with a full squad.

Paulus and McRoberts are waaaay to inconsistent for my liking. You can't count on either one to play well every game. Nelson has been their consistent player this season but other than that, I just don't see it. Scheyer is a freshman who won't be able to carry the load. And they don't have a lot of depth. The lack a real inside presence as well. The jury is still out on Josh.

Illinois has battled injuries and bad luck all non-conference. Yet we've almost knocked off two ranked teams in Maryland and Arizona, two games that we should have won. We just beat a good Missouri team on Monday, and again our squad was not completely healthy. Warren Carter has played like an All-Big 10 player so far. Shaun Pruitt is slowly emerging as a low post threat. Chester Frazier has been very good, I thin he's top 10 in assists nationally. Jamar is a great offensive weapon off the bench. Brian Randle is an All-Big 10 caliber player when he's healthy, and he's shown signs of an outside shot already. Calvin Brock has been awesome so far, giving us a true 6th man off the bench. If Rich McBride can give us ANY production what so ever, we are going to be damn good. He's really struggled so far but I think he can put it together.

Trent Meacham gives us a solid PG off the bench and Marcus Arnold gives us decent minutes at the forward postion. One of our better freshman Semrau is gone for the season with a viral infection, he'll be really missed.

I will argue that Illinois is better team than Duke right here right now. We've IMO a tougher schedule so far this season and only have one more loss, not to mention the injuries. Maryland, Arizona, and Missouri against Marquette, Georgetown, and Gonazaga. I'd take the latter if I was making a schedule.

Aight i watch every illinois game, and dude they are gonna be in trouble once they enter big ten play. They nearly gave away that Mizzouri game. I'd say OSU, Wisconsin, MSU, and MICHIGAN can beat you in the big ten.

Dude the Missouri game is always close, it was even close 2 years ago when we went to the Final 4. Not sure what you're argument is there.

Yoda, we have yet to field a full and healthy team, you cannot judge us based on our wins and losses right now. Randle, Smith, Carter, Pruitt, and Frazier are all banged up.

Butler beat Gonzaga by more than you did and they're what 14th? And Zaga was playing better then.
                  Dude i'm sayin that was some awfully poor management late, if you do that against OSU, Wisky, MSU, or Michigan, you'll lose. Believe me i have seen Illinois play so i'm not blowin smoke

Comment

There's no debate here.
                    How about NC last year? Lose 3 lottery picks, get a 3 seed? Come on sweetness, you are reaching
                    Huh? I'm not reaching here. I just gave you two examples. Illinois loses 2 very good players and fall to 40th. Duke loses 3 players and stays top 15. How the **** is that reaching?

IT DOES NOT HAPPEN UNLESS YOU'VE GOT THE NAME.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12

Wisky
                      OSU
                      Florida
                      Kansas
                      Alabama
                      Marquette
                      UNC
                      Georgia Tech
                      UCONN
                      LSU
                      Witchita State
                      Arizona
                      Maryland
                      Memphis
                      Texas A & M
                      Pittsburgh
                      UCLA
                      Memphis
                      Washington
                      Illinois

Marquette :!: :?: :?: how's that reaching they BEAT Duke.

The zags beat NC, but i'd take NC over them, heard of a an off-day?

also North Dakota State? Yeah thats what i thought
                      I love how you completely contradict yourself.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Wisky
                        OSU
                        Florida
                        Kansas
                        Alabama
                        Marquette
                        UNC
                        Georgia Tech
                        UCONN
                        LSU
                        Witchita State
                        Arizona
                        Maryland
                        Memphis
                        Texas A & M
                        Pittsburgh
                        UCLA
                        Memphis
                        Washington
                        Illinois

Dude i'm sayin that was some awfully poor management late, if you do that against OSU, Wisky, MSU, or Michigan State, you'll lose. Believe me i have seen Illinois play so i'm not blowin smoke

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu

There's no debate here.
                          Yeah, it *********** is....u have us outside the *********** top 20, and we are *********** 11-1. I agree, we aren't a top 10 team, top 15 yes, top 20, absolutley.
                          No you aren't, not right now. Georgetown is down right bad and Zaga is falling off the friggin map. IU is terrible this season and you won by what 3 points.

Maybe later on in the year you're a top 20 team but I've seen you guys play about 6 times this season, and you are not top 20, period.
                          :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Cuz we don't beat teams like 109-52 like the Tar Heels. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12

Wisky
                            OSU
                            Florida
                            Kansas
                            Alabama
                            Marquette
                            UNC
                            Georgia Tech
                            UCONN
                            LSU
                            Witchita State
                            Arizona
                            Maryland
                            Memphis
                            Texas A & M
                            Pittsburgh
                            UCLA
                            Memphis
                            Washington
                            Illinois

Dude i'm sayin that was some awfully poor management late, if you do that against OSU, Wisky, MSU, or Michigan State, you'll lose. Believe me i have seen Illinois play so i'm not blowin smoke
                            What?

Comment

There's no debate here.
                              Huh? I'm not reaching here. I just gave you two examples. Illinois loses 2 very good players and fall to 40th. Duke loses 3 players and stays top 15. How the *********** is that reaching?

IT DOES NOT HAPPEN UNLESS YOU'VE GOT THE NAME.
                              It is called recruiting.....

Comment

Wisky
                                OSU
                                Florida
                                Kansas
                                Alabama
                                Marquette
                                UNC
                                Georgia Tech
                                UCONN
                                LSU
                                Witchita State
                                Arizona
                                Maryland
                                Memphis
                                Texas A & M
                                Pittsburgh
                                UCLA
                                Memphis
                                Washington
                                Illinois

Dude i'm sayin that was some awfully poor management late, if you do that against OSU, Wisky, MSU, or Michigan, you'll lose. Believe me i have seen Illinois play so i'm not blowin smoke
                                Ugh, do you people not realize that we are not healthy yet? Seriously, it's like beating a dead horse here. For christs sake ******* a. Go and watch the first half of the Arizona game, that's how good we can be, and again without 2 of our best players. We hung in there with a top 10 team in Arizona for 40 minutes withotu Randle and Smith.

Btw, and I'll say this again, THE 2004 TEAM BEAT MISSOURI BY SINGLE DIGITS AND WENT ON TO THE NATIONAL TITLE GAME. The game is always close. I'm going to use tt's argument, sure it was close, but we didn't lose. :roll:

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information