No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's basketball has to be the worst sport out there. Without a doubt.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• well, Kansas is clearly the #1 team in the country...

Comment

• good lord who switched bodies with Daymion James in the 2nd half?

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
          well, Kansas is clearly the #1 team in the country...
          lol, i don't even know why it was an argument, Memphis is clearly number 1 until they lose

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
          Women's basketball has to be the worst sport out there. Without a doubt.
          lol women's basketball a sport, you will have to post that one in the joke thread
          Last edited by fenikz; 02-11-2008, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
            lol, i don't even know why it was an argument, Memphis is clearly number 1 until they lose
            I mean, I really like Kansas as a team, but just because they may have the most talent or best all around team doesn't mean they should be #1 regardless of record...Memphis is the #1 team until they lose, end of story

Comment

• For the record I never said Kansas should be ranked number one I said they deserved where they were at. I think they are still the most complete team in the country, but should they be ranked one? Nope. Will they win the tourney? probably not, Bill self is the coach after all.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                For the record I never said Kansas should be ranked number one I said they deserved where they were at. I think they are still the most complete team in the country, but should they be ranked one? Nope. Will they win the tourney? probably not, Bill self is the coach after all.
                I agree...they are a very complete team, perhaps the most complete like you said, but they've lost 2 games and Memphis none, so I can't justify saying they are #1...just because a team has the best players doesn't mean they are the #1 team at this point in the season...and it was a different poster I was referring to that started the argument, in case you thought it was in response to you

Comment

• but look at Conferance.If Memphis was in the Big 12 they'd easily have 2-3 losses by now.I'd like to see Memphis go up against a Mike Beasly and Bill Walker led K-State team in Manhattan or a Augustin, Abrams and James led Texas team in Austin.KU is in the far tougher conferance so a loss or two was not surprising

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                    but look at Conferance.If Memphis was in the Big 12 they'd easily have 2-3 losses by now.I'd like to see Memphis go up against a Mike Beasly and Bill Walker led K-State team in Manhattan or a Augustin, Abrams and James led Texas team in Austin.KU is in the far tougher conferance so a loss or two was not surprising
                    That's funny considering that Memphis is 6-0 against top 50 teams and had a very hard non-conference schedule, while Kansas is only 4-2 against top 50. Kansas does have a harder schedule overall, but it's close. Memphis proved they're legit.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                      but look at Conferance.If Memphis was in the Big 12 they'd easily have 2-3 losses by now.I'd like to see Memphis go up against a Mike Beasly and Bill Walker led K-State team in Manhattan or a Augustin, Abrams and James led Texas team in Austin.KU is in the far tougher conferance so a loss or two was not surprising
                      yes, but they aren't in the Big 12...if Kansas was in the WAC they would go undefeated, but they aren't...just because Kansas is "the more talented team" doesn't mean we should forget wins and losses to base our rankings...also, Texas is a good team, but overrated IMO, the final score may have been close, but Kansas got handled, especially the last 10 mins of the 2nd half (outside the last 2-3), I don't see the #1 team getting beat that thoroughly, even though it was by a ranked opponent and the final was close...the fact is, Kansas has lost 2 games, Memphis none, Kansas may have a tougher schedule (no doubt tougher Conference), but it isn't like Memphis has played no one...they have played a handful of OOC games against ranked teams, they can't help they play in a crap conference, so they do what they should, run the table

Comment

• also, just remembered cuz I read about it today...I found it hilarious that Illinois, after finding out that one of their players, Jamar Smith, was arrested and convicted of a DUI and fleeing the scene of an accident, punish him by redshirting him this year...just thought that was humorous...

Comment

• I don't understand how Purdue keeps doing this, it just doesn't make any sense.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

• Perdue takes down Michigan State after beating Wisconsin on Sunday to remain in first in the Big Ten.

UWM is up on Butler with 2 minutes left.

Comment

• crazy the turnaround Purdue has made this year.. Virginia is making NC play right now..

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• UNC edges out Virginia 75-74.. they are definitely feeling the loss of Ty Lawson

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information