College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    In that case I blame you for them blowing it.
    It was not me, they were 3-0 when I went before.

Comment

• The hammer is coming down on Indiana and Cellvin Sanctions, muahahahahaha. The allegations come out tomorrow which we are hearing will be very, very bad and then in June comes the hearing...Oh please let this be karma, oh pretty please.

IU is f'd in the a...Serves them right for hiring that piece of garbage.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        The Gophers attempt at making the tournament came to a screeching halt tonight as they got it handed to them by the Illinois Illini. Gophers inside came was awful and that held suit for their entire offense. Illinios made quite a few perimeter shots and Jeff Jordan got quite a bit of time too. He doesn't have the prettiest shot but he's quick and plays fairly decent defense.
        Yea we're kinda good...;)

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• BTW, don't pick Butler to go very far in ur pools folks, they are overrated, and should no way be in the top ten.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodachu View Post
            BTW, don't pick Butler to go very far in ur pools folks, they are overrated, and should no way be in the top ten.
            No doubt; they aren't dominating Horizon league teams like a true Top 10 team would be. They could easily have a first round exit and if they manage to win then they'll have a nice suprise in round 2

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Indiana Recruiting Violations: Thoughts... What are going to be the disiplinary actions?

ESPN:http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3243793

Comment

• yea believe it or not, Sampson will get in the most trouble, not Indiana...they will prolly get in minimal trouble, but if they get rid of Sampson after this season, they will prolly only get a slap on the wrists for being so dumb to hire him in the first place, so I wouldn't get my hopes up

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                  yea believe it or not, Sampson will get in the most trouble, not Indiana...they will prolly get in minimal trouble, but if they get rid of Sampson after this season, they will prolly only get a slap on the wrists for being so dumb to hire him in the first place, so I wouldn't get my hopes up
                  Say they fire Sampson, who do you think they try and bring in? Steve Alford?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Yeah, I think Sampson's career is over. Big opening at Indiana, but a little tainted by these scandals. Hard to say who would come and take the job. I know Bob Knight is available...

Actually, I think they might look at an assistant within the conference, or at successful coaches in smaller conferences. Reggie Theus, Sean Miller of Xavier, Anthony Grant of VCU, maybe even Mark Few...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                      Say they fire Sampson, who do you think they try and bring in? Steve Alford?
                      although he does wanna be at a basketball first school, and I'm sure they might ask and he may accept, I don't think he's a good enough coach to be at Indiana...I don't think he's a bad coach, he's actually pretty good, but for what Indiana would demand of him, he would be run out of town in about 2 seasons

Comment

• Indiana should make a fresh start with limited connections to any past regimes. They need to get far away from this stuff.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Indiana won't get in trouble? Are you on crack iowa? Yes they will...More violations will come down for lack of institutional control. Yes what Sampson did was on his time, but IU is still responsible as he is, or was an employee of the University. He represents them, and so whatever he does effects the program and it falls back on the program.

It won't matter anyway, there's going to be such a big cloud over their head they're going to be f'd anyway. Ebanks' name was listed in the report, so he'll be gone...And the rest of their class will be as well.

Does cards have any comment? Or how about MaxV, it would be nice to get their perspective on this because they are Hoosier fans. I know my IU friends are pissed off right now and they hate Sampson. This is absolutely disastrous if you are an Indiana fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            Yeah, I think Sampson's career is over. Big opening at Indiana, but a little tainted by these scandals. Hard to say who would come and take the job. I know Bob Knight is available...

Actually, I think they might look at an assistant within the conference, or at successful coaches in smaller conferences. Reggie Theus, Sean Miller of Xavier, Anthony Grant of VCU, maybe even Mark Few...
                            I've heard the Baylor coach is the front runner right now...Mark Few won't leave, Grant I think is smart enough to stay away from that job, and the other two I believe will stay away as well.

What coach wants to come in with the kind of image IU will have after all this is decided?

Comment

• I think Miller would go. The A-10 is improving, and I actually think he has a chance to go to the Sweet 16, if not further. It all depends on his draw. His best friend in the coaching world is Thad Matta, the OSU coach. He was Miller's mentor and was responsible for him getting the job after he jumped. Even with a tarnished image, Miller is a damn good recruiter. He got Derrick Brown to go to Xavier over OSU for gods' sake... He is a fresh face and has a nice pedigree. In other circumstances, he probably wouldn't get a shot at that job. If the offer is there, Miller should go.

Comment

• I find it hard to believe that Gordon isn't involved which they're saying is the case. I was figuring post season sanctions but if none of their current players were involved it won't happen. Honestly don't know what to expect, you'd have to think Sampson will get canned.

Scott Drew seems like a good one but I've heard Scott Skiles mentioned (apparently lives in Bloomington), thought that was interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information