No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sampson is as good as gone from what we're hearing. Skiles would be an interesting hire to say the least.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
      What coach wants to come in with the kind of image IU will have after all this is decided?
      Oh come on Sweetness, let's get real. There likely won't be a better open job than the IU one, regardless of this "cloud."

I'm pissed that after Knight had an absolutely spotless record over his years here, that Sampson could come in and ruin it in such a short time. I won't be wearing my Sampsonite shirt anytime soon. He wasn't even coaching well, this team should be much better than they've played. Hopefully we can get a keeper, this constant coaching turmoil thing is not good for a program.

And Steve Alford? I don't know if I could watch IU basketball if Steve was the coach. It's not like Knight would let him take it anyway. When Bobby says jump, Steve asks how high.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

• You don't think there won't be any self-imposed sanctions for the Hoosiers? Hell I'll be surprised if the NCAA doesn't step in and do something.

The IU head coaching job won't be as sweet as it once was, that's for sure.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• They already have a few, not sure what else they would do? I'm not saying they won't, I'd guess scholarships would be the first thing (didn't they already pull some for next year when this first broke out?)... I don't think they would self impose a post season ban. They've gotta do something, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
            You don't think there won't be any self-imposed sanctions for the Hoosiers? Hell I'll be surprised if the NCAA doesn't step in and do something.

The IU head coaching job won't be as sweet as it once was, that's for sure.
            Sure there will be sanctions, but it will be a highly sought after job, that's for sure.

I know it's Thad Matta's dream to coach at IU, unfortunately the Davis Era ended at the worst possible time for that dream to come true.

Designs by D-Unit

Comment

• I'm not saying absolutely nothing will happen, but what will happen will be minor, aka "a slap on the wrist"...it's not like they will ban Indiana from post seasons or take away all their scholarships...they will prolly limit schollys and give them stricter limitations on recruiting...you really think that the actions over the course of 1.5 years of a coach who had gotten in trouble for the same type of thing at a different school will seriously diminish the reputation of Indiana as a school and traditional basketball elite? I'm sorry, but if you think no coaches will wanna go there and that players will see "a cloud" over the program and not get interested then you must be the one on crack...

Comment

• There's talk DeAndre Thomas may be one of the players illegally recruited, resulting in IU forfeiting the games he's played. He didn't play in the last game, if he doesn't play tonight it'll be clear. Again, the NCAA said they don't believe any current players to be involved so it's stricly rumor.
                Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 02-13-2008, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• let's go Maryland tonight

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                    He didn't play in the last game, if he doesn't play tonight it'll be clear.
                    Not at all. He's been getting considerably less playing time as of late, and he wasn't getting that much to start with. It won't mean a thing if he doesn't play, just that Kelvin didn't feel the need for a short defensive sub.

Designs by D-Unit

Comment

• Yeah, probably jumped the gun on that one... Didn't watch his minutes played, I just remembered he played a decent amount vs. UK.

Comment

• Well look at that, Deandre Thomas is not only playing, but he scored :P

Designs by D-Unit

Comment

• Originally posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
                          let's go Maryland tonight
                          Terps are a good team, but Duke is/was just too much for them.

SWEETNESS you never answered my question. Frazier still better than Paulus? Singler still overrated?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• DJ White is so over rated to me. People talk about how good he is, but then I see opposing guys take him to the rim, out rebound him and stop him on defense pretty well. I don't see the offensive game to warrant his "best big man in the big ten" title.

EDIT

And I continue to be completely unimpressed by Indiana. Sampson wanted to develop the offense and now the defense is lagging? What offense are they talking about? The Hoosiers play like crap, they almost always go a few possesions between scores. There isn't enough cutting and the gaurds stay on the perimeter the entire possesion.

Last year's Hoosiers would stop these guys. I want Wilmont back, he actually gave a crap.
                            Last edited by ShutDwn; 02-13-2008, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Well if that just isn't the perfect ending to the day

Designs by D-Unit

Comment

• Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                                Well if that just isn't the perfect ending to the day
                                I'm not even mad, that just reiterates that karma is a you know what. Same spot and everything.

I am tired of watching these guys. They just dribble the ball around the three point line, fail to penetrate, fail to get it to DJ, throw up a three and than fail to get back on defense. I can't recall a time during the big ten season where the team has looked crisp on offense has looked like they were on a run.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information