• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
    Well if that just isn't the perfect ending to the day
    Go Badgers!!!! Big win to try and keep up with Purdue in the Big Ten

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
      DJ White is so over rated to me. People talk about how good he is, but then I see opposing guys take him to the rim, out rebound him and stop him on defense pretty well. I don't see the offensive game to warrant his "best big man in the big ten" title.

EDIT

And I continue to be completely unimpressed by Indiana. Sampson wanted to develop the offense and now the defense is lagging? What offense are they talking about? The Hoosiers play like crap, they almost always go a few possesions between scores. There isn't enough cutting and the gaurds stay on the perimeter the entire possesion.

Last year's Hoosiers would stop these guys. I want Wilmont back, he actually gave a crap.

Out rebound him? That can't be happening very often, hes leading the big ten in rebounding with 10.7 per game. The next closest is 8.4 per game. Stop him on defense? Hes second in the conference in scoring.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
        Terps are a good team, but Duke is/was just too much for them.

SWEETNESS you never answered my question. Frazier still better than Paulus? Singler still overrated?

Someone honestly thought Chester Frazier was better than Paulus? I understand Paulus was trash last year but Frazier is and always was beyond awful.

Comment

• USF beats Syracuse. Hell freezes over.

Comment

• I said it in another thread and I'll say it here. If Donte Green is a top 10-15 pick, then I'm declaring for the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
              Someone honestly thought Chester Frazier was better than Paulus? I understand Paulus was trash last year but Frazier is and always was beyond awful.
              Yep. sweetness thought so. He thought Illinois was better than Duke too.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                Out rebound him? That can't be happening very often, hes leading the big ten in rebounding with 10.7 per game. The next closest is 8.4 per game. Stop him on defense? Hes second in the conference in scoring.
                I know of those statistics. But watching him you don't see those stats being lived up too in the clutch situations. He goes way to long between baskets, and misses far too many shots he should be making with ease for how good he is supposed to be. He gets garbage rebounds, but not the ones that are most important late in the game. Most teams, especially in the NBA, go to their big man when they feel that they need to stop a drought and score. I don't see them do this very often, or DJ misses the shot.

For as good as he is made out to be, he should be dominating more. That is what I am saying. He should be averaging a lot more points and he should be a much bigger physical presence. Regardless of blocks, I don't know how you can call White a physical presence inside. Of course he will use his size and be rough when he bodies up, but I am talking about a true intimidater.

IU never looked like a top 15 or 10 team during big ten play to me even before their losses. They have zero movement on offense and play lazy defense especially after a miss.

Comment

• U-C-O-N-N

UCONN! UCONN! UCONN!

They are unbelievable right now. Easily one of the hottest teams in the country, if not the hottest. A.J. Price is playing his way into Player of the Year debates.

Paul

New York Giants
                  New York Yankees
                  New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                  UConn Basketball
                  Virginia Tech Football
                  UConn Football

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
                    U-C-O-N-N

UCONN! UCONN! UCONN!

They are unbelievable right now. Easily one of the hottest teams in the country, if not the hottest. A.J. Price is playing his way into Player of the Year debates.
                    Haha! I'm right there with you. Everyone was going crazy here after we beat Notre Dame. AJ Price really helped to carry us in that game too. He's a beast.

I can honestly say I think we'll make an impact in the tournament too.
                    (shameless self-promotion)
                    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                      Haha! I'm right there with you. Everyone was going crazy here after we beat Notre Dame. AJ Price really helped to carry us in that game too. He's a beast.

I can honestly say I think we'll make an impact in the tournament too.
                      I wish every game was at Gampel. The crowd is a lot more into it, and it's a better environment for them to play at. Imagine Dyson coming back. I hope Calhoun keeps Austrie in the lineup though, he's solid. Dyson could be the new Rashad.

Paul

New York Giants
                      New York Yankees
                      New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                      UConn Basketball
                      Virginia Tech Football
                      UConn Football

Comment

• Honestly I don't even want Dyson back. The team has been playing much better without him. And if he does come back it should only be off the bench. It's nice to be relevant again in basketball.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Wow, thanks for calling me out TT, except that last year I believed Illinois was better than Duke, and last year Frazier was better than Paulus when both were healthy.

This year is a different case and I have not once said Illinois was better than Duke, or that Frazier was better than Paulus.

Maybe you should learn to read next time before you come after me.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• http://thebiglead.com/?p=4613

According to a media source, the buzz in college basketball circles is that Indiana coach Kelvin Sampson will be fired Friday for violating telephone restrictions and then lying to both the school and the NCAA. Our source says that the school is looking to act quickly with Sampson because if he were to guide the 13th-ranked Hoosiers to the Final Four - it’s entirely possible with talent like DJ White, Eric Gordon, and a cadre of role players - it would be much more difficult (nearly impossible) to fire him. If the school doesn’t cut the cord with Sampson Friday, it is possible that he could gain traction among fans via victories (the Hoosiers host Michigan State Saturday, and Purdue Tuesday) despite his misconduct.

Greg Couch of the Chicago Sun-Times already has a column out hinting at some of what we’ve said, with this great line: “every day Sampson is at IU is another day without credibility.” Jeff Goodman of Fox Sports “guesses” Sampson won’t last through the season. We suspect more details about Friday’s firing will surface once tonight’s game against Wisconsin is complete. [It’s gone final: Wisconsin 68, Indiana 66 on a late Brian Butch three-pointer.]

if this is true, anyone think bob knight returns to indiana?

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                              http://thebiglead.com/?p=4613

According to a media source, the buzz in college basketball circles is that Indiana coach Kelvin Sampson will be fired Friday for violating telephone restrictions and then lying to both the school and the NCAA. Our source says that the school is looking to act quickly with Sampson because if he were to guide the 13th-ranked Hoosiers to the Final Four - it’s entirely possible with talent like DJ White, Eric Gordon, and a cadre of role players - it would be much more difficult (nearly impossible) to fire him. If the school doesn’t cut the cord with Sampson Friday, it is possible that he could gain traction among fans via victories (the Hoosiers host Michigan State Saturday, and Purdue Tuesday) despite his misconduct.

Greg Couch of the Chicago Sun-Times already has a column out hinting at some of what we’ve said, with this great line: “every day Sampson is at IU is another day without credibility.” Jeff Goodman of Fox Sports “guesses” Sampson won’t last through the season. We suspect more details about Friday’s firing will surface once tonight’s game against Wisconsin is complete. [It’s gone final: Wisconsin 68, Indiana 66 on a late Brian Butch three-pointer.]

if this is true, anyone think bob knight returns to indiana?
                              No way Bob Knight goes back to Indiana; I don't think the school wants to deal with anyone's "baggage" and they'll go with a coach with a solid resume and a clean record.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
                                I wish every game was at Gampel. The crowd is a lot more into it, and it's a better environment for them to play at. Imagine Dyson coming back. I hope Calhoun keeps Austrie in the lineup though, he's solid. Dyson could be the new Rashad.
                                Ah, yes, I agree..

Honestly, I know some people take issue with Thabeet because he's not an excellent scorer, but the guy is just a flat out 'true' center. He's such a defensive monster. If he stays around I think we'll be in good shape. Plus we have a good class coming in with Walker and Miles too.

South Florida is next baby! We shall crush them swiftly. I'll be watching that one on MyTV9.
                                (shameless self-promotion)
                                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information