College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
    The Vols have 2 losses against the #2 SOS, don't think you all have seen them play much. People can beat down the SEC like they do every year but every year we have 3 or so teams in the sweet 16.
    Theres no point in arguing it right now. Everyone just automatically assumes the SEC is awful because Kentucky is not a power house. They'll see tourney time though.

Comment

• Alright. Well, we'll see about Thabeet. A little misunderstanding of what I said here and there, but that's fine. I'll wait until he's ready to come out (and then once he's in the NBA, we can see how he does) for further evaluations.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• I think etk pretty much made the point I would have. The difference between Thabeet his freshman year and sophomore year is astonishing. He use to drop passes all the time and his scoring was atrocious at times. Not to mention he would constantly lay bricks at the free throw line.

Our coaches have done super job and his work ethic is excellent. He's a good guy who's willing to learn. I go to UConn and have seen the guy at games, he's an absolute monster who could easily add a solid 15+ pounds to his frame.

I'm quite certain he'll be here for 4 years which will be a great opportunity for him to learn even more. His upside is amazing.

I feel like he dominated that game against DePaul. You have to remember that he was also banged up in that game too earlier on. Along with Adrien.

For those who didn't watch the game, Thabeet scored 16 points, had 13 rebounds, and 7 blocked shots. Freakin' awesome game.

I'm so stoked about this team going forward. We just need to keep Wiggins in for when we really need to hit some outside shots.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
          Theres no point in arguing it right now. Everyone just automatically assumes the SEC is awful because Kentucky is not a power house. They'll see tourney time though.
          The SEC doesn't have the media powerhouses like the Big East does and doesn't have ESPN screaming about them like they do the ACC. People go off perception, they see/hear more about the ACC/Big East so they assume they're better. No one thought Vandy was any good last year but anyone that watched them only stopped by a bad call.

The Pac-10 usually gets slighted as well but it seems like they're getting their due this year finally. Every year the SEC and Pac-10 usually do the best in the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            How in the world could one hate Pearl Sweetness?
            Do some research on google and come back to me....He did some shady, shady stuff to Illinois Basketball.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
              I'm quite certain he'll be here for 4 years which will be a great opportunity for him to learn even more. His upside is amazing.

I'm so stoked about this team going forward. We just need to keep Wiggins in for when we really need to hit some outside shots.
              Really? Where do you get that idea? I hope he does but we're already recruiting his replacement and I doubt he stays even one more year. What about Price?

Wiggins is VERY streaky, both as a shooter and regarding turnovers. I like him a lot but he can get a bit frantic so don't count on him too much. Dyson will give us a huge lift even if he just comes off the bench to provide a shooting spark against zones.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• In or out: Syracuse

I say out.

Comment

• UNC up 3 at the half against NC State. They are nothing without Lawson.

Comment

• ESPN is doing another one of those stupid lists of the Top College Basketball players of all time...again, they put Michael Jordan in there...does anyone else think he shouldn't be on this list. There are so many great COLLEGE basketball players, Jordan was great for his time, but overall, I don't think he belongs in the top 15 of this list.

Comment

• Len Bias should be near #1 and yeah I agree.. I don't think Jordan was that outstanding of a college player

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• No ****, but Roy Williams is one sharp dresser...Sydney Lowe, not so much

Comment

• Originally posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
                          Len Bias should be near #1 and yeah I agree.. I don't think Jordan was that outstanding of a college player
                          I give it to Lew Alicindor (Kareem Abdul, but everyone already new that).

Comment

• Pete Maravich number one easily. IMO
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Pistol Pete is also a very good option Bored, but I like guys that won titles more, and Lew beat the varsity squad when he was on the freshman team, thats unreal.

Comment

• I would give it to Bill Walton, personally.
                                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information