College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
    Pistol Pete is also a very good option Bored, but I like guys that won titles more, and Lew beat the varsity squad when he was on the freshman team, thats unreal.
    while I agree winning titles is important, you can't deny what pete has done...3 years averaging 40+ points without a 3pt line (44 ppg for his career) and scored 50+ an NCAA record 28 times...also, he would have had even better stats had freshmen played for varsity back in the day...not only that, but he basically put LSU basketball on the map...IMO Pete Maravich is prolly the best all around, I mean the man scored 3600+ pts in 3 years (still the alltime leading scorer in NCAA history), with no 3pt line, without anything close to resembling a basketball team until maybe his senior year

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
      Pete Maravich number one easily. IMO
      That's not an opinion, that's fact boy.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
        I would give it to Bill Walton, personally.
        Quoted for truth.

Comment

• Wow, MSU is laying the smack on PSU. 84-37.

Comment

• Duke getting blown the **** out by Miami. If they can't shoot well(especially from 3), it's difficult for them to win.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
              Duke getting blown the **** out by Miami. If they can't shoot well(especially from 3), it's difficult for them to win.
              McClinton>Scheyer or any of those fools.

This is a huge win for Miami's tourney hopes if they pull it out. I might just have to start being a fan if they make it.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                McClinton>Scheyer or any of those fools.

This is a huge win for Miami's tourney hopes if they pull it out. I might just have to start being a fan if they make it.
                You can have McClinton. I'll keep Singler, Scheyer, Paulus and a high seed all everyday,and twice on Sundays.

Duke is on a cold steak, not much more can be said for a team that relies on shooting the ball so much. It could be their downfall come tourney time.

BTW scheyer is doing better then McClinton. Watching?

they get smoked.

Comment

• UMASS URI on ESPN2 tomorrow!
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                    UMASS URI on ESPN2 tomorrow!
                    You're such a Masshole.

The duke Miami game is turning gout to be a doozy.
                    Last edited by TitleTown088; 02-20-2008, 11:08 PM.

they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                      You can have McClinton. I'll keep Singler, Scheyer, Paulus and a high seed all everyday,and twice on Sundays.

Duke is on a cold steak, not much more can be said for a team that relies on shooting the ball so much. It could be their downfall come tourney time.

BTW scheyer is doing better then McClinton. Watching?
                      I thought my use of the term fools would hint sarcasm, oh well.

Huge meltdown by K State in a game they should've won. Beasley was terrible down the stretch and Walker got stuck on the bench.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Damn that was a great Duke Miami game. Another loss in the ACC for Duke, that hurts big. Damnit.

they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                          I thought my use of the term fools would hint sarcasm, oh well.

Huge meltdown by K State in a game they should've won. Beasley was terrible down the stretch and Walker got stuck on the bench.
                          That's essentially a lie. Beasley was hardly horrible down the stretch. Nebraska just forced the ball out of his hands and made the rest of the team make plays... which they didn't. The few times he got single coverage he scored, and defensively he played well on the perimeter, though Maric got the best of him twice down low. I guess Nebraska doesn't have the top scoring defense in the Big 12 for nothing, and they certainly proved it today. It's painfully apparent that the Wildcats don't know what to do without Beasley getting touches. It's also clear that their coach isn't all too special either. He had a horrible gameplan most of the time and why Bill Walker was on the bench in the closing minutes was beyond me (even if he had said something to the coach). Great win by the Huskers. They did exactly what everyone else in the country that plays K-State should do.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Thats just a case of a coach who is full of himself. Just pathetic. You dont take a game away from the entire team just because someone said something to you that you didnt like. Thats BS. If I was the AD and knew for sure thats what happened I would fire his ass on the spot.

I can't really think of any other explanation of why he would be on the bench down the stretch, it must have been disciplinary.
                            Last edited by yo123; 02-20-2008, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• I am stunned Martin left Walker on the bench for the rest of the game after the 4th foul

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                                That's essentially a lie. Beasley was hardly horrible down the stretch. Nebraska just forced the ball out of his hands and made the rest of the team make plays... which they didn't. The few times he got single coverage he scored, and defensively he played well on the perimeter, though Maric got the best of him twice down low. I guess Nebraska doesn't have the top scoring defense in the Big 12 for nothing, and they certainly proved it today. It's painfully apparent that the Wildcats don't know what to do without Beasley getting touches. It's also clear that their coach isn't all too special either. He had a horrible gameplan most of the time and why Bill Walker was on the bench in the closing minutes was beyond me (even if he had said something to the coach). Great win by the Huskers. They did exactly what everyone else in the country that plays K-State should do.
                                I only watched the last 5 minutes, and in that span the only positive thing Beasley did was make a nice rebound in traffic. He got careless and was stripped of another rebound, he airballed a three, and had very little effect on offense or defense. He didn't show that take-charge attitude and passion that a star should when a game's on the line down the stretch. Pretty much the whole K State team played that way...it was ugly to watch. I blame the coach.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information