No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, at least there wasnt a letdown leading up to the UT vs memphis game.

Comment

• It seemed as though their coach instilled a defeatist attitude into them near the end there, from whatever the hell he was calling on offense to sitting Bill Walker. And, it apparently carried over. Beasley, being the emotional player he is, certainly let his team's terrible play and Nebraska's gameplan get into his head. Not that he did poorly, but he was clearly overmatched. I'll disagree with him not taking over as a star should though, as down the stretch, three straight baskets by him got the Wildcats within one. Then, one of his teammates got stripped and momentum went back to the Huskers on a 3-point play. When he got stripped of that rebound though that was certainly careless, but that had more to do with how much more the Huskers wanted it and that player giving extra effort. The next rebound Beasley got he came down with authority, which was great to see.

Essentially, for Beasley, once he learns humility, he'll be a star. Or well, he may become a star without it, but with it, he'll realize his full potential. It's sort of difficult to grade Beasley though when his team is so horrible as well as the fact that he's often guarding and defending Centers.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
        UNC up 3 at the half against NC State. They are nothing without Lawson.
        Hmmmm ....

Comment

• We suck this year, holy crap. Thankfully we get rid of Randle and Pruitt, and bring back Legion and Jamar.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            Duke getting blown the **** out by Miami. If they can't shoot well(especially from 3), it's difficult for them to win.
            That's why I thought they'd have another "down year." But they've been lights out from 3 this season and that has carried them. But you live by the 3, you die by the 3. No post presense might kill them in the Tournament.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              No post presense might kill them in the Tournament.
              I've been saying the same thing. However, Lance Thomas has actually become a pretty good player as of late, if he can keep it up and Duke can play up to their ability unlike the last two games, they will be very hard to beat.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• No matter what Duke won't get all too far in the tournament simply because of that lack of a post presence. The good thing about all of this is that maybe it'll get Coach K to go much harder after a big body in the middle in recruiting. After I heard how much DeJuan Blair wanted to play for them, it was a little disappointing.
                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                  We suck this year, holy crap. Thankfully we get rid of Randle and Pruitt, and bring back Legion and Jamar.
                  Badgers on their way to a Big Ten title; Purdue just needs to slip a couple more times

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                    No matter what Duke won't get all too far in the tournament simply because of that lack of a post presence. The good thing about all of this is that maybe it'll get Coach K to go much harder after a big body in the middle in recruiting. After I heard how much DeJuan Blair wanted to play for them, it was a little disappointing.
                    Why would Coach Commercial recruit a big man? They can't rain from three land...Threeeeeeeeecola...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwillie26 View Post
                      Hmmmm ....

Yeah, its NC State. Maybe the worst team in the ACC. UNC is nothing without Lawson.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                        Yeah, its NC State. Maybe the worst team in the ACC. UNC is nothing without Lawson.
                        Ol' NC state, the team that thinks they belong in North Carlina(the state) basketball dankness.

they get smoked.

Comment

• Duke and UNC are so overrated...I'd take Kansas, Tennessee, or Memphis over them any day of the week

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                          Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• What are everyone's top 25 teams. Not in terms of how the polls work, but rank them 1-25 based on who you think is the best. For example Memphis is undefeated and ranked number one, but if you feel that there are 8 teams better than them put them at #9.

1. UCLA
                            2. Memphis
                            3. UNC
                            4. Kansas
                            5. Tennessee
                            6. Georgetown
                            7. Duke
                            8. Stanford
                            9. Wisconsin
                            10. Texas
                            11. Purdue
                            12. Indiana
                            13. Louisville
                            14. Connecticut
                            15. Michigan State
                            16. Washington State
                            17. Marquette
                            18. Vanderbilt
                            19. Notre Dame
                            20. Drake
                            21. Kansas State
                            22. Clemson
                            23. Butler
                            24. BYU
                            25. Mississippi State

Comment

• 1. UCLA
                              2. UNC
                              3. Kansas
                              4. Memphis
                              5. Georgetown
                              6. Tennesee
                              7. Duke
                              8. Texas
                              9. Wisconsin
                              10. Stanford
                              11. Washington State
                              12. Louisville
                              13. UCONN
                              14. Texas A&M
                              15. Marquette
                              16. Kansas State
                              17. Indiana
                              18. Xavier
                              19. Notre Dame
                              20. Pitt
                              21. Vanderbilt
                              22. BYU
                              23. Mississippi State
                              24. Michigan State
                              25. Clemson

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                                Duke and UNC are so overrated...I'd take Kansas, Tennessee, or Memphis over them any day of the week
                                Well... Kansas, Tenn, and Mephis will be ranked above them? (Duke)

However, I hardly call either on eof those teams " overrated". They are both very good.
                                Last edited by TitleTown088; 02-21-2008, 06:42 PM.

they get smoked.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information