College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
    Hmmm, I'm not buying UConn...They've struggled to beat a couple of mediocre teams...Louisville and Indiana are playing real well right now, despite their struggles early. Homer
    We're winning down the stretch and that's what matters. In the past when we had more talented teams we would lose the DePaul/USF games if we didn't blow them out, but now we've overcome every type of adversity we can face. I'm not a homer like you because you don't see me saying "oh, we're the best at this and this...and I don't make up 2000 excuses for everything". All I did was make the simple statement that we've won 10 games in a row against some outstanding opponents in the Big East, and we've beaten 2 teams from your top 10 list. A team as hot as UCONN should be in the top 10 no matter what you think. We've only had 1 bad loss all year and that was the Providence game.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
      We're winning down the stretch and that's what matters. In the past when we had more talented teams we would lose the DePaul/USF games if we didn't blow them out, but now we've overcome every type of adversity we can face. I'm not a homer like you because you don't see me saying "oh, we're the best at this and this...and I don't make up 2000 excuses for everything". All I did was make the simple statement that we've won 10 games in a row against some outstanding opponents in the Big East, and we've beaten 2 teams from your top 10 list. A team as hot as UCONN should be in the top 10 no matter what you think. We've only had 1 bad loss all year and that was the Providence game.
      And yet you still call me homer, despite the fact that you haven't brought up any points to support your statement that Memphis/Tennessee was better than Kansas

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

And yet you still call me homer, despite the fact that you haven't brought up any points to support your statement that Memphis/Tennessee was better than Kansas
        Look, Memphis is the only undefeated team in the country and they'll be the best team in the country until someone beats them.

Comment

If Kansas would have taken care of business in every game so far like Memphis you would have an argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
            Look, Memphis is the only undefeated team in the country and they'll be the best team in the country until someone beats them.
            I'm in no way arguing that Kansas should be ranked #1 ahead of Memphis, I just think Kansas is a better team than Memphis

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm in no way arguing that Kansas should be ranked #1 ahead of Memphis, I just think Kansas is a better team than Memphis
              To each his own, even though I think you are underestimating Memphis.

Comment

I don't have to. Common sense indicates that Memphis is the #1 team because they are undefeated despite playing a tough non-conference schedule...and they have the talent to back it up. If Tennessee beats them, then Tennessee takes over because they beat the best. If Memphis wins, they only strengthen their case for #1. Kansas no longer controls their own destiny...they blew their chances.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• UCONN with another terrible start but coming back....what else is new?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• For the Indiana fans, who are the rumored coaches you all are going after? I know of Alford already, but I heard another interesting name being thrown out there in the last day or two.

I'm not going to be a rumor monger and say it if the rumor is false, so I am wondering what you guys are hearing?

Comment

• Is Kansas still the best team in the country ad? haha

Comment

• Indiana - Names I'm hearing... Scott Skiles, Bruce Pearl, Travis Ford, Kevin Stallings, Alford, Mike Brey. That's just among some IU fans and in the press, there's plenty of others.

Kansas - Can't believe they lost. On paper they have to be the best, most balanced team in the country IMO. I'm starting to wonder if there could end up being some truth to the Danny Manning taking over rumors.

Kentucky just keeps winning, it's all we can do. Beat Ole Miss on Wednesday and we've got a pretty strong resume. Lunardi said he thought if we beat Arkansas and Ole Miss it would put us back in.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          Is Kansas still the best team in the country ad? haha
                          Are they the #1 team as indicated by the polls? No, of course not. But do I still think they're the best team in the nation? Yes. Our three loses are attributed to three different flukes...when we start having a consist weakness, then I'll worry

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                            Kansas - Can't believe they lost. On paper they have to be the best, most balanced team in the country IMO. I'm starting to wonder if there could end up being some truth to the Danny Manning taking over rumors.
                            Where in God's name have you heard that...Self has said he's not leaving, and why would we fire him when we're 24-3...Also, if Self were to leave, why would we hire an assistant coach who has been coaching for 1 year...Calipari seems like the heir apparent if Self leaves

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I have never seen a guard get away with more pushing then Byron Eaton.My god on the Dove 3 pointer he threw one of the guards to the ground

Comment

Where in God's name have you heard that...Self has said he's not leaving, and why would we fire him when we're 24-3...Also, if Self were to leave, why would we hire an assistant coach who has been coaching for 1 year...Calipari seems like the heir apparent if Self leaves
                                I heard the Self/Ok St. rumors and obviously I shrugged them off because why would he leave. Then I heard some in the know Kansas fans saying that they felt if Self doesn't get it done this year with all those Seniors and solid young guys that their first son, Manning, may be given the reigns. Doubtful it happens but I know how much those Kansas fans/administration like Manning.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information