No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its better for Memphis, they will go into the tourney hungry as hell now.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
      I have to say, Robinson looked like a totally different guy out there today. As you mentioned he wasn't trying to do as many pull up jumpers and he really took it to the basket, despite the loss.

All in all, I thought we played well - despite the loss. We're a good team and we just need to get some conistency at the beginning of the game so we're not constantly playing from behind.
      Free throws killed us that game...even though we've improved a lot in that department this year. Villanova played outstanding D and Stokes hit some 3s from Canada.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
        any idea when a new gym is coming?
        Umm... Never? Cameron has to much tradition to abandon. It would be like tearing down the Barn for Minnesota. Not going to happen any time soon.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Big win today for Wisconsin as they traveled into Columbus. That pushes the Badgers to 13-2 in conference with Michigan, Penn State, and Northwestern left on the schedule. The Buckeyes dropped to 8-6 in conference, just one game ahead of Minnesota who also won today defeating Penn State. Those two meet next Saturday in Minnesota....should be a big one to possibly determine the fifth team to represent the Big Ten in the 65 team field.

Remaining schedules

Ohio State
          @ Indiana
          @ Minnesota
          vs Purdue
          vs Michigan State

Minnesota
          @ Purdue
          vs Ohio State
          @ Indiana
          @ Illinois

They should be interesting to see if Tubby can get his boys in the tourney....Ohio State has a very difficult schedule left.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            Umm... Never? Cameron has to much tradition to abandon. It would be like tearing down the Barn for Minnesota. Not going to happen any time soon.
            Rupp will probably be torn down around 2018...

Minnesota is basically done, they haven't beat a team with a winning record. OSU is in big trouble as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
              Rupp will probably be torn down around 2018...

Minnesota is basically done, they haven't beat a team with a winning record. OSU is in big trouble as well.
              I qwouldn't say Minnesota is done. If they can mange to win 3 out of their next 4 and advance far enough in the conference tournament then they could set themselves up for a bid. Anything short of that then they'll be participating in the NIT for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                I qwouldn't say Minnesota is done. If they can mange to win 3 out of their next 4 and advance far enough in the conference tournament then they could set themselves up for a bid. Anything short of that then they'll be participating in the NIT for sure.
                Yeah, I was more assuming they lose to Indiana/Purdue and maybe beat Ohio St.

Their RPI is just entirely too low and it's hard to justify putting a team in the tournament that hasn't beat a team with a .500 record or higher in late February.

Comment

• I wouldnt want to play Xavier this year. Final Four caliber team for sure.
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• So, the Missouri Valley went 8-2 in the Bracket Busters this weekend. The only team that really got a plus from it was Drake, for seeding purposes. ESPN has said that Southern Illinois could get a bid if they win up until the MVC championship game. However, they say Illinois State cannot...

If we win at SIU we would have a better resume than if they win at home against us. ISU would be 24-9 with an rpi in the 30's. However, it is still an outside shot for either team to get an at-large.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                      I wouldnt want to play Xavier this year. Final Four caliber team for sure.
                      Couldn't disagree more. I think they'll get to the second and then go out. I give them credit for scheduling good non conference opponents and beating some quality teams (Indiana, Kansas State), but I don't think they're that good of a team. The games that I've watched I have been unimpressed. They are deserving of being ranked #12 and the high seed they'll get based on what they've accomplished, but I can't see them going very far.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                        Couldn't disagree more. I think they'll get to the second and then go out. I give them credit for scheduling good non conference opponents and beating some quality teams (Indiana, Kansas State), but I don't think they're that good of a team. The games that I've watched I have been unimpressed. They are deserving of being ranked #12 and the high seed they'll get based on what they've accomplished, but I can't see them going very far.
                        I'm in between both of you. I saw them live early in the year when they played Kent State. They provide alot of Matchup problems with their athletic bigs. I see them susceptible to a first round exit, but I think they are a sweet 16 team with a chance at the elite 8 and thats where they will be gone for sure.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• My boy's up against Texas tonight. Hopefully K-State has a better showing as a team this time around.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Marquette won their fifth in a row tonight against Jay Wright's Villanova Wildcats. The Golden Eagles are starting to put it together at the right time after struggling big time towards the beginning of Big East play. They now play host to #10 Georgetown on Saturday.

Saturday's Big Games
                            Georgetown @ Marquette
                            West Virginia @ UCONN
                            Washington State @ Stanford
                            Ohio State @ Minnesota
                            Vanderbilt @ Arkansas
                            St. Mary's @ Gonzaga
                            Kansas State @ Kansas
                            Pittsburgh @ Syracuse
                            Texas A&M @ Oklahoma

Comment

• i cant wait til huggins get the beasley's and bill walker's to wvu

next year we have top 100 player kevin jones coming

pg truck bryant
                              f roscoe davis

plus we might get majok

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• how was Kansas State favored by -3 1/2 over the #5 ranked team in the country?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information