College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
    how was Kansas State favored by -3 1/2 over the #5 ranked team in the country?
    thats what I was wondering too. All I could think of was that KState was on a 6 game home winning streak and they probably gave them the home court advantage. I put $20 on a 2 team parlay of Texas winning and under 147 for a nice $71.64 profit. Then put $20 on Texas covering the spread since I thought they would win and got $18.18 profit. Then put $20 on Texas to win and that paid out $27 plus my $20 back. Not a bad 2.5 hours of watching tv.
    Last edited by jayceheathman; 02-25-2008, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• I think Texas is going to be a #1 seed by the time all is said and done.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
        My boy's up against Texas tonight. Hopefully K-State has a better showing as a team this time around.

well, Bill Walker going 0-14 didn't help.

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          Marquette won their fifth in a row tonight against Jay Wright's Villanova Wildcats. The Golden Eagles are starting to put it together at the right time after struggling big time towards the beginning of Big East play. They now play host to #10 Georgetown on Saturday.

Saturday's Big Games
          Georgetown @ Marquette
          West Virginia @ UCONN
          Washington State @ Stanford
          Ohio State @ Minnesota
          Vanderbilt @ Arkansas
          St. Mary's @ Gonzaga
          Kansas State @ Kansas
          Pittsburgh @ Syracuse
          Texas A&M @ Oklahoma
          You can add USC @ ASU to those games. It is almost a must-win for ASU to get into the dance unless we miraculously beat UCLA on Thursday. As for USC, they aren't a clear-cut lock either.

Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
            Rupp will probably be torn down around 2018...

Minnesota is basically done, they haven't beat a team with a winning record. OSU is in big trouble as well.
            What does that have to do with anything? He was talking about their arenas.

And Minnesota simply making the NIT is a good start for them with the talent left over from Monson. We've got some good kids coming in next year, so hopefully they are ready to hit the ground running.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
              well, Bill Walker going 0-14 didn't help.
              I think Walker's issue is that he tries too hard to emulate Beasley when he certainly isn't. He forces up far too many shots when others are potentially open. He doesn't realize how much more selfish he is than the rest of the players. They really need to let the offense run through Beasley. It sort of reminds me of the Cavs and Lebron (pre-trade, anyway).

Well, good game by Texas. They're showing how much better they are without Durant and pretty much look like a #1 seed at this point.

Now I have... Duke against Ga Tech on Wednesday then Beasley against Kansas on Saturday to look forward to.
              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Minnesota is definitely a sleeper team for the Big-10 next year along with Illinois. Both teams are young and fell to some bad luck at the end of a few games. I would be shocked to not see the Golden Gophers dancing next year. They are and have always been one of the classier programs in the Big-10 and I like to root for them in my spare time.

Originally posted by Halsey
                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                  Minnesota is definitely a sleeper team for the Big-10 next year along with Illinois. Both teams are young and fell to some bad luck at the end of a few games. I would be shocked to not see the Golden Gophers dancing next year. They are and have always been one of the classier programs in the Big-10 and I like to root for them in my spare time.
                  Yeah the Gophers should have a pretty solid lineup next year with the new youngsters contributing off the bench

1 : Al Nolen (FR)
                  2 : Lawrence Westbrook (SO)
                  3 : Blake Hoffarber (FR)
                  4 : Damian Johnson (SO)
                  5 : Jonathan Williams (JR)

Then when Williams graduates insert Ralph Sampson III and the Gophers will be looking very strong for the '09-'10 campaign

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Yeah the Gophers should have a pretty solid lineup next year with the new youngsters contributing off the bench

1 : Al Nolen (FR)
                    2 : Lawrence Westbrook (SO)
                    3 : Blake Hoffarber (FR)
                    4 : Damian Johnson (SO)
                    5 : Jonathan Williams (JR)

Then when Williams graduates insert Ralph Sampson III and the Gophers will be looking very strong for the '09-'10 campaign

Jonathan Williams ewwww. I would be surprised if Ralph Sampson III or Colton Iverson doesnt start over him.

Comment

• Vandy Tennessee right now. Should be a good game. Vandy seems like the sexy pick but I've got Tennessee.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                        Jonathan Williams ewwww. I would be surprised if Ralph Sampson III or Colton Iverson doesnt start over him.
                        Williams is better than Spencer Tollackson is this year

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Williams is better than Spencer Tollackson is this year

That may be true, but I could also be better than Spencer Tollackson. Williams is a pretty good defender, but I dont think it quite makes up for him being a complete non factor on the other end of the court. He is much more suited as a spark off the bench imo.

Comment

• Ralph Sampson, Colton Iverson, and Devoe Joseph are all likely going to start from day one. Tubby is playing with scraps right now. Westbrook and Nolen are starter-worthy, Hoffs will probably play as the 6th man.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Nice win for UConn against Rutgers.

Adrien was a beast out there, setting a career high in points for him. Thabeet didn't score much at all, but he was blocking shots and rebounding really well, as usual. Adrien had 26 points and 10 rebounds, I believe - and he took that game over for us.

Price and Robinson had a great game too. Price was passing the ball (as usual) very well and Robinson was a force bringing down the boards.
                              (shameless self-promotion)
                              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                What does that have to do with anything? He was talking about their arenas.

And Minnesota simply making the NIT is a good start for them with the talent left over from Monson. We've got some good kids coming in next year, so hopefully they are ready to hit the ground running.
                                Look at what I quoted again...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information