College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    First, Indiana is in no way ahead of Wisconsin. Unless we have an extreme let up and drop one to Penn State or Northwestern we have at least a share of the Big Ten title and we beat Indiana twice. None of those Big East teams are ahead of us yet. Either Georgetown or Louisville will be knocked out no matter what because they play each other. If Georgetown wins out they'll be ahead of us, but they'd have to beat Marquette, Louisville and the Big East tourny. Kansas will probably be knocked out of a 2 seed when they lose in the Big 12 touny.

In no order the one and two seeds:
    Memphis
    UCLA
    Duke
    Tennesse
    UNC
    Texas
    Wisconsin
    Stanford/Georgetown/Kansas

There's a strong possibility we're a two seed. Also Bo Ryan should be coach of the year.
    Wisconsin over Kansas...I want what you're smoking

Scenario: Kansas loses in Big 12 Tourney=#2 seed
    Kansas wins Big 12 Tourney=#1 seed

Get off the crack pipe

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post

Get off the crack pipe
      Then Texas isn't a 2 seed. Kansas still has to get past Kansasa State and Texas A&M too. Also Duke still has to play UNC and Stanford has to play UCLA. Wisconsin getting a 2 seed is a lot more likely than you think.

Comment

• Calipari is a joke of a coach. He has an insane amount of talent around him that makes him look good. But watch that Tennessee game over again, he was out of his league. It's helps having Rose, Dozier, Dorsey, Roberts, Kemp, etc...They are loaded.

Pearl is a good coach but he's a sleaze.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post

Get off the crack pipe
          Wisconsin has lost to Duke on the road, Marquette, and Purdue(x2)

They've beaten Texas on the road, Indiana(x2), Michigan State

Assuming they'll win their last two games they'll finish 16-2 in conference and be 26-4 overall

Kansas is very skilled but they have their bad bumps in the road and you need to stop with the big hometwon bias.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Patrick Patterson out for the year with a stress fracture in his foot.

Shoot me in the face we're screwed. If we even manage to limp into the post season it'll be another 1st or 2nd round exit, I felt with him we could make a Sweet 16/Elite 8 run which I didn't feel the past two seasons.

This year sucks. We're definetely screwed in Knoxville.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              Calipari is a joke of a coach. He has an insane amount of talent around him that makes him look good. But watch that Tennessee game over again, he was out of his league. It's helps having Rose, Dozier, Dorsey, Roberts, Kemp, etc...They are loaded.

Pearl is a good coach but he's a sleaze.
              big game on sunday sweetness ;)

IMO, Wisconsin either needs to win out, including the tournament, if they want a #2 seed...if they don't win the tournament, they need to hope Stanford doesn't win their tournament because that would likely give them a 2 seed

#1: Memphis, Tennesee, UNC, Kansas/Texas (Unless neither wins the tourny, then UCLA)
              #2: Kansas/Texas, UCLA, Duke...those are pretty much the only "sure things",

the last spot could go to Stanford, Georgetown, Wisconsin, or possibly even Indiana if one of them teams win their tournaments and the others don't...right now, Wisconsin has to look the best, but if Stanford wins theirs I think they get it over Wisconsin...but Wisconsin has to win out for sure if they want a 2 seed

Comment

• Universtiy of Louisville finally playing to their potential. its about dam time.

Comment

• http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ans0303/2.html

good read on how ridiculously sleazy some fans can be, I will never for the life of me understand how fans of a sports team can wish/threaten physical harm on players from an opposing team, especially for something like choosing their school over yours

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    Wisconsin has lost to Duke on the road, Marquette, and Purdue(x2)

They've beaten Texas on the road, Indiana(x2), Michigan State

Assuming they'll win their last two games they'll finish 16-2 in conference and be 26-4 overall

Kansas is very skilled but they have their bad bumps in the road and you need to stop with the big hometwon bias.
                    I think you're being biased. Kansas has one more win, one less loss, a higher RPI rating, a slightly tougher strength of schedule, a better record against the RPI Top 50, and a better record against the RPI Top 100. If Kansas loses one of their last 3 games or loses early in the Big XII tournament (combined with a good showing by Wisconsin in the Big Ten tournament), then maybe Wisconsin has an argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                      I think you're being biased. Kansas has one more win, one less loss, a higher RPI rating, a slightly tougher strength of schedule, a better record against the RPI Top 50, and a better record against the RPI Top 100. If Kansas loses one of their last 3 games or loses early in the Big XII tournament (combined with a good showing by Wisconsin in the Big Ten tournament), then maybe Wisconsin has an argument.
                      I was simply pointing out that it is much closer than what adschofield assumes. The Badgers have played some damn good ball this year and should not be overlooked. To say Kansas is by far a better team than Wisconsin is just BS and has no evidence. I wasn't making a claim for the Badgers to be the seed over Kansas, I was pointing out that it's alot closer than what has been given credit.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• enh. the badgers aren't a #2 right now. and some things would have to go their way for it to happen. but, it could happen. they're playing very well right now.

edit. wow, 5,000 posts. i rule. kinda.

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...ana&id=3269294

More of what makes my boy awesome. His perspective on life and outlook on things in general is terrific.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• congrats on #5000

Comment

• Tyrese Rice is going off against UNC 34 in the half!!!!!

Comment

• I think I'm sick of Gus Johnson. The ridiculous oversell has worn out on me.
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information