• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danman253
    Originally posted by sweetness34
    Originally posted by GB12
    Originally posted by danman253
    Sweetness, u know i like you, but dude this is painful to read. it doesn't matter once randle, smith, and carter get healthy. You are not that great of a team, i guarantee taht Illinois loses at least 8 conference games
    I'd agree with that but they only have OSU and UW once each.
    No way in hell we lose 8 conference games. danman I just don't know what to say to you right now about that. We're the 3rd best team in this coference, period.
    You're 5th best.

OSU, Wisconsin, MSU, and Michigan all our better than you. Michian is highly underrated and could easily be unbeaten right now
    So could we! :roll:

And that was without 3 of our starters in non-conference.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
      Sweetness, u know i like you, but dude this is painful to read. it doesn't matter once randle, smith, and carter get healthy. You are not that great of a team, i guarantee taht Illinois loses at least 8 conference games
      No way in hell we lose 8 conference games. danman I just don't know what to say to you right now about that. We're the 3rd best team in this coference, period.
      You're 5th best.

OSU, Wisconsin, MSU, and Michigan all our better than you. Michian is highly underrated and could easily be unbeaten right now

Okay the maryland game was filled with costly turnovers, you should have lost. The Arizona game was simlar to michogan-ncst, just went coldm they got hot

Comment

• Originally posted by yodachu
        Originally posted by SuperMcgee
        Here I'll list them:

@Michigan
        OSU
        @MSU
        @Minnesota
        Wisconsin
        MSU
        Michigan
        @Iowa
        Have you seen Minnesota and Iowa this season danman?

Also Morgan might be out for MSU, and they aren't very good without him. I think we'll lose about 4-6 games in conference. But both Minnesota and Iowa are TERRIBLE!

ok, we'll see what happens.
        We need to get healthy first dm, that's our first order of business. Btw, people keep bringing up the Missouri game.

IT'S ALWAYS A TIGHT GAME, RIVALRY GAMES ALWAYS ARE!

Btw, Missouri is a very underrated team IMO, they've got some shooters.
        you beat missouri by like 30 last year
        Super Magee just owned Sweetness.
        Oh nice find. Forgot about that, but they usually are pretty close. Btw it was 32 points. 8)

Missouri's a good team this year though, and they showed it against us. Still though, we barely beat them in 2004, and we ended up going to the Final 4 that year.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I notice that there's some pretty intense debating going on here... :)
          Too bad I don't know enough about college basketball right now :(
          But UCLA still owns all :)

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu
            All I hsve gotta ask, name me 20 teams better than Duke. I agree we prolly aren't a top ten team, but we are a top 20 team.
            Ok then Illinois is a top 20 team. Here I'll name 20 teams that are better than Duke IMO.

Wisky
            OSU
            Florida
            Kansas
            Alabama
            Marquette
            UNC
            Georgia Tech
            UCONN
            LSU
            Witchita State
            Arizona
            Maryland
            Memphis
            Texas A & M
            PittsburghUCLA
            Memphis
            Washington
            Illinois

Yes, that's right I put Illinois in there. A team that has two losses this non conference season despite the fact that we've yet to field a healthy full squad of players. Even in the Mizzou game Carter was banged up and Randle wasn't fully healthy. Hell Jamar is still getting healthy.

If any of you watched the first half of the Arizona game this year and how well we played. Well think of that times about 2 because we were without Smith and Randle.

I'll put my boys out there right now and say they're a better team then Duke. I'll argue it right here and right now, on paper we are a better team than Duke.
            all of those bolded teams are not better than duke, especially not illlinois or witchita state BTW you said memphis twice.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

You're 5th best.

Okay the maryland game was filled with costly turnovers, you should have lost. The Arizona game was simlar to michogan-ncst, just went coldm they got hot
              Talk to me when you lose your 2 best players danman. Btw, we should have won that Maryland game if it wasn't for Rich McBride's mental errors. You don't realize how valuable Randle and Smith are to our team dm, you just don't. Randle is hands down our most complete player and Smith is our best scorer. Something's gotta give there.

It'd be just like Duke losing hmm say Nelson and McRoberts. I'd like to see how they could cope with those losses.

Btw, that Arizona game was pathetically called. 32-12 foul descrepancy. That's ridiculous! Seems like we get jewed when we play Arizona with the refs (apart from 2004, but even that was poorly officiated). Not the reason we lost but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee
                Here I'll list them:

@Michigan
                OSU
                @MSU
                @Minnesota
                Wisconsin
                MSU
                Michigan
                @Iowa
                Have you seen Minnesota and Iowa this season danman?

Also Morgan might be out for MSU, and they aren't very good without him. I think we'll lose about 4-6 games in conference. But both Minnesota and Iowa are TERRIBLE!

ok, we'll see what happens.
                We need to get healthy first dm, that's our first order of business. Btw, people keep bringing up the Missouri game.

IT'S ALWAYS A TIGHT GAME, RIVALRY GAMES ALWAYS ARE!

Btw, Missouri is a very underrated team IMO, they've got some shooters.
                you beat missouri by like 30 last year
                Super Magee just owned Sweetness.
                Oh nice find. Forgot about that, but they usually are pretty close. Btw it was 32 points. 8)

Missouri's a good team this year though, and they showed it against us. Still though, we barely beat them in 2004, and we ended up going to the Final 4 that year.
                I maybe sounding biased or something, but I think u gotta play close games in sports prior to the ship or playoffs. Just look at baseball this year, if the Tigers aren't off for a week prior to the WS, the Tigers eat up the Cardinals like I will eat the turkey at my grandmothers house tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088
                  All I hsve gotta ask, name me 20 teams better than Duke. I agree we prolly aren't a top ten team, but we are a top 20 team.
                  Ok then Illinois is a top 20 team. Here I'll name 20 teams that are better than Duke IMO.

Wisky
                  OSU
                  Florida
                  Kansas
                  Alabama
                  Marquette
                  UNC
                  Georgia Tech
                  UCONN
                  LSU
                  Witchita State
                  Arizona
                  Maryland
                  Memphis
                  Texas A & M
                  PittsburghUCLA
                  Memphis
                  Washington
                  Illinois

Yes, that's right I put Illinois in there. A team that has two losses this non conference season despite the fact that we've yet to field a healthy full squad of players. Even in the Mizzou game Carter was banged up and Randle wasn't fully healthy. Hell Jamar is still getting healthy.

If any of you watched the first half of the Arizona game this year and how well we played. Well think of that times about 2 because we were without Smith and Randle.

I'll put my boys out there right now and say they're a better team then Duke. I'll argue it right here and right now, on paper we are a better team than Duke.
                  all of those bolded teams are not better than duke, especially not illlinois or witchita state BTW you said memphis twice.
                  That was 3 pages ago....

Comment

Wisky
                    OSU
                    Florida
                    Kansas
                    Alabama
                    Marquette
                    UNC
                    Georgia Tech
                    UCONN
                    LSU
                    Witchita State
                    Arizona
                    Maryland
                    Memphis
                    Texas A & M
                    PittsburghUCLA
                    Memphis
                    Washington
                    Illinois

You again sorely overrate your team. Btw, It's been pointed out that Memphis is in there twice like 20 times now tt.

I'll make a bet with someone right here right now that you don't finish top 3 in the ACC. Any takers? And btw, I don't bet on or against Illinois, so no dice there. It's superstition.

Btw how is Alabama not better than Duke? And didn't LSU beat you last year in the Tourney as well? And Arizona would crush you guys. You'd have to score about 85 to beat them.

I'm too tired to go through the rest.

Comment

• what's the bet :)

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088

Wisky
                        OSU
                        Florida
                        Kansas
                        Alabama
                        Marquette
                        UNC
                        Georgia Tech
                        UCONN
                        LSU
                        Witchita State
                        Arizona
                        Maryland
                        Memphis
                        Texas A & M
                        PittsburghUCLA
                        Memphis
                        Washington
                        Illinois

You again sorely overrate your team. Btw, It's been pointed out that Memphis is in there twice like 20 times now tt.

I'll make a bet with someone right here right now that you don't finish top 3 in the ACC. Any takers? And btw, I don't bet on or against Illinois, so no dice there. It's superstition.

Btw how is Alabama not better than Duke? And didn't LSU beat you last year in the Tourney as well? And Arizona would crush you guys. You'd have to score about 85 to beat them.

I sorely overrate my team? Your the one sitting here saying that your unranked team who has yet to beat a ranked team is better than the # 6 team in the country.
                        LSU beat Duke last year when reddick played about his worst game ever, but i give them credit. this year they are without tyrus thomas who pretty much won that game for them.

Duke has a outstanding defense that would keep arizona under 85 and they would beat airizona in a close game i think.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Ok Duke fans, tell me this.

Are you a top 10 team? Yes/No and reasoning:

Are you a top 15 team? Yes/No and reasoning:

Are you a top 20 team? Yes/No and reasoning:

And explain to me this. Duke loses Redick (lottery pick), Williams (lottery pick), and Dockery (best defender) last season after getting eliminated from the Sweet 16. The following year they add Gerald Henderson and Jon Scheyer, two good recruits but not great. And two recruits who were questionable whether they'd have a big impact this season. And Duke finds themselves in the top 15 in preseason after losing in the Sweet 16, and if I can remember right weren't they a #1 seed?

Now, Illinois loses Dee Brown and James Augustine, both 2nd Round picks to the draft and return 3 starters from a team that reached the 2nd Round of the NCAA Tournament (they lost to Washington in one of the best games of the tournament). We return an All-Freshman performer, a Naismith Preseason All-Wooden "To Watch" player, and a guy who averaged over 13ppg as a junior. And we fall all the way to 40th. Sure we didn't have the same recruiting class as Duke but anyone who has watched Semrau and Carlwell have seen a ton of promise, but something's fishy there. Now by my math Duke lost more than us yet they are ranked 25 places higher. Could someone explain that please.

Argue this all you want but those are the facts. Now are you telling me that the voters thought about the talent levels between Illinois and Duke, no way, there is no way in hell they can put Duke outside the top 25 in preseason, just no way. Much like Miami(FL) in football. Duke is a household name media darling for CB.

Here's another fun fact. In 2004 we went undefeated for I believe 30 some odd games. UNC had lost twice prior to our first lost, yet many, many voters wanted to put UNC in at #1. Yet we'd beaten the tar of out the likes of Gonzaga, Wake Forest, and Wisconsin, all highly ranked teams at the time, and UNC had lost to Santa Clara, yes Santa Clara. The UNC's, the Duke's, the Kansas', etc are the media darlings of College Basketball. And the voters have a bias towards them, there's no doubt about it. Any other school than Duke loses what they lost and they're most likely out of the top 25, and if not they're 24 or 25. But I guess you earn that right don't you, still kinda sad to see though. Don't believe me, look at Illinois. We lose less than Duke and get slipped all the way to 40th, from around #19 at the end of last season.

Comment

Wisky
                            OSU
                            Florida
                            Kansas
                            Alabama
                            Marquette
                            UNC
                            Georgia Tech
                            UCONN
                            LSU
                            Witchita State
                            Arizona
                            Maryland
                            Memphis
                            Texas A & M
                            PittsburghUCLA
                            Memphis
                            Washington
                            Illinois

I sorely overrate my team? Your the one sitting here saying that your unranked team who has yet to beat a ranked team is better than the # 6 team in the country.
                            LSU beat Duke last year when reddick played about his worst game ever, but i give them credit. this year they are without tyrus thomas who pretty much won that game for them.

Duke has a outstanding defense that would keep arizona under 85 and they would beat airizona in a close game i think.
                            Well we're one one of the best defensive teams in the country and we let up over 85 to Arizona, it's easier said then done partner. I don't question your defense as much as I question your offense.

Btw 4PAC, the bet is if Duke places out of the top 3 in the ACC. I say they will, any takers for the other side for those of you sooo confident in Duke's abilities? The wager, well let's make a sig bet. The winner has to wear a sig of the opposing college basketball team (the other person in the bets favorite team) for 2 months.

Any takers here? Btw, this is all or nothing. Injuries make no difference, and niether do suspensions. It's either Duke in the top 3, or Duke out of the top 3. Period. I dont' want to hear about no stinkin injuries.

Comment

Wisky
                              OSU
                              Florida
                              Kansas
                              Alabama
                              Marquette
                              UNC
                              Georgia Tech
                              UCONN
                              LSU
                              Witchita State
                              Arizona
                              Maryland
                              Memphis
                              Texas A & M
                              PittsburghUCLA
                              Memphis
                              Washington
                              Illinois

Well we're one one of the best defensive teams in the country and we let up over 85 to Arizona, it's easier said then done partner. I don't question your defense as much as I question your offense.

Btw 4PAC, the bet is if Duke places out of the top 3 in the ACC. I say they will, any takers for the other side for those of you sooo confident in Duke's abilities? The wager, well let's make a sig bet. The winner has to wear a sig of the opposing college basketball team (the other person in the bets favorite team) for 2 months.

Any takers here? Btw, this is all or nothing. Injuries make no difference, and niether do suspensions. It's either Duke in the top 3, or Duke out of the top 3. Period. I dont' want to hear about no stinkin injuries.
                              Sweetness weren't u just saying Illinois has had injuries, yet Duke can't use that excuse?

Comment

Wisky
                                OSU
                                Florida
                                Kansas
                                Alabama
                                Marquette
                                UNC
                                Georgia Tech
                                UCONN
                                LSU
                                Witchita State
                                Arizona
                                Maryland
                                Memphis
                                Texas A & M
                                PittsburghUCLA
                                Memphis
                                Washington
                                Illinois

Sweetness weren't u just saying Illinois has had injuries, yet Duke can't use that excuse?
                                Oh ok they can use injuries as an excuse. I was trying to make it easier for me to win dm, come on now. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information