College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by downthealley View Post
    I don't think UNC deserves to be number 1, but perhaps my hatred for them is clouding my judgement.
    I'm a Heels fan and I agree with you. Maybe if they played some type of defense, I'd have them up there. It's a damn shame Frasor went down. He's a very good backup to Lawson. Speaking of which.....it'd be nice to have that little bugger back full time for the Duke game.

Comment

• Conference Tournaments start today! 12 days until Selection Sunday!

Capital One Bowl Week is not the most wonderful time of the year, it's March Madness!

Paul

New York Giants
      New York Yankees
      New York Knicks (unfortunately)
      UConn Basketball
      Virginia Tech Football
      UConn Football

Comment

• Conf. Tourneys start today? The vols still have two regular season games left.

Comment

• Am I the only who feels like John Thompson III is ruining Georgetown by not running more ? They are winning close games true enough but it seems as if the are winning games on blown or questonable calls. He is running that Princeton offense which got the team to the Final Four last year but with the athletes he has at his disposal ( Freeman, Wright, Summers, Macklin etc) Imean these guys can run. Actually the only guy who is illl suited to an up tempo offense is Hibbert. However he could rebound get a good outlet pass out and make his way down the floor so that if the break is not there they could have the offense flow through him either on the low block where he can use his size or put him at the top of the key and run there normal sets and take advantage of his passing skills. I love the Hoyas and go back to the days of Big Sky Shelton and Bay Bay Duran so it kills me to seee a team this talented with these kind of atheletes play this way. Not to mention that it could hurt recruiting in the future I mean most kids probably would want toplay with a team that runs at least some of the time . I am sure a guy like Summers is extremly frustrated. I went to high school with JTIII and would like to see him do well but this seems a terrible wast of talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
            Kansas>Everyone else

Lets see if they can come through in the tourney for once.

Comment

• Down goes Purdue! Unless we **** up a game against Penn State or Northwestern (haha) that means the Big Ten title's coming to Madison.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                Down goes Purdue! Unless we **** up a game against Penn State or Northwestern (haha) that means the Big Ten title's coming to Madison.
                Purdue is a good young team, I don't think they will go far in the tourny but are looking good for the next couple years....and I still think Painter deserves Big10 COY

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                  Purdue is a good young team, I don't think they will go far in the tourny but are looking good for the next couple years....and I still think Painter deserves Big10 COY

I dont think theres any doubt that Painter deserves Coach of the Year. Most people knew Purdue would be good eventually, but he has really done a great job speeding up the learning curve for a lot of these guys.

Comment

• I wish the Wildcats would run more plays for Beasley where's he up at the top of the key and given the option to drive and either kick or score. Too often they're actually treating him like a Center on offense when they should be taking advantage of the mismatch. Solid showing by him, in any case.
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by SidneyG View Post
                      Am I the only who feels like John Thompson III is ruining Georgetown by not running more ? They are winning close games true enough but it seems as if the are winning games on blown or questonable calls. He is running that Princeton offense which got the team to the Final Four last year but with the athletes he has at his disposal ( Freeman, Wright, Summers, Macklin etc) Imean these guys can run. Actually the only guy who is illl suited to an up tempo offense is Hibbert. However he could rebound get a good outlet pass out and make his way down the floor so that if the break is not there they could have the offense flow through him either on the low block where he can use his size or put him at the top of the key and run there normal sets and take advantage of his passing skills. I love the Hoyas and go back to the days of Big Sky Shelton and Bay Bay Duran so it kills me to seee a team this talented with these kind of atheletes play this way. Not to mention that it could hurt recruiting in the future I mean most kids probably would want toplay with a team that runs at least some of the time . I am sure a guy like Summers is extremly frustrated. I went to high school with JTIII and would like to see him do well but this seems a terrible wast of talent.
                      They could definetely afford to run more but not too much. A team like Memphis or UT won't last till the end in March because it's way easier to slow a game down than it is to speed it up. The recruits want to run but if you're winning they'll look past it. Thompson needs to realize with that talent you don't need to slow the game down.

I think Kansas has the ideal style of play. Tough defense, run when you get the chance but can also play in the half court. Luckily Gillispie is a spawn of Self so I think UK will be in that group once we get more athletic and bring in some scorers.

Comment

• Go Vols, beat Florida!

Comment

• UK gets USC on their senior night, Joe Crawford (35 huge points) and Ramel Bradley combined for 55 of our 71 points. Absolutely clutch, can't say enough about what Coach Gillispie has done with this team.

New RPI of 47, if/when we beat Florida Sunday we're in the tournament.

Comment

• Oh Singleteary tries his little heart ou tby shooting 30 crappy shots a game. How cute.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Damn Florida has come out on fire. Oddly enough this reminds me of the game me and my best friend played in 2k8 last night were I ended up losing by 16. Hopefully real-life will end up a little better.

Comment

• Is Florida running on you all? For their case I'd hope not, they won't have a chance in the second half if they are.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information