No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohooo. UK gets the 2 seed in the SEC East. Only have a 3 game route to the SEC championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by duckseason View Post
      Wow the Bruins are being handed another one by the refs at the end. This is unreal.
      Agreed.I wonder if the refs will get a ring if UCLA wins a NC

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
        Who cares. A game-winner like that is why the whistle should be relaxed the last few seconds of every close game.
        Yeah, you're right. Who cares. Why even have rules. That game 'winner' was just so damn awesome that it negates the fact that the refs blatantly stole the ball from Cal and gave it to UCLA, thereby allowing the shot to take place in the first place.

See, Cal beat UCLA. Yet, somehow UCLA gets the W. But yeah, who cares. Why did they even play the game? I mean, nobody cares. Just give UCLA the win. Nobody gives a damn about what happens on the court, right? I mean all those fans in the stands and all the people watching on TV surely don't care. They were all forced to watch at gunpoint and couldn't care less what the turnout of the game was.

I agree the whistle should be a bit relaxed at the end of a tight game, but not when it's an obvious intentional foul situation, and not when it's as hard a foul with such devastating results as we saw with this particular play. BOTH teams are expecting that whistle. Anderson got mugged. There's just no excuse for not calling it.

Comment

• Originally posted by duckseason View Post
          Yeah that was a nice shot, but it never should have happened. The intentional foul on Anderson was as blatant as can be. The refs handed the Bruins yet another. I just hate watching an entire game only to have it ruined at the end. Those Cal kids fought hard and beat the Bruins only to have it stolen from them.
          Just wait until they have to play without pac 10 refs..

Princefeilder, no way does Wisconsin overtake Duke with a loss to UNC.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            Just wait until they have to play without pac 10 refs..

Princefeilder, no way does Wisconsin overtake Duke with a loss to UNC.
            That is what I said but atleast it would make them closerin the polls

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• I don't normally watch as many Pac-10 games, but I caught this one and I'm with duck all the way. That was ridiculous non-call. I hate seeing stuff like that. I don't care for either of these teams, but it truly upset me to see it go down like that.

Comment

• the UCLA/Cal game was sick

Comment

• Haha. Such anger, duck. I definitely don't care for UCLA and think under normal circumstances that you have to call that, but I just don't agree with calling those fouls at that point in the game. Just my philosophy, but granted I'm not much for most of the things people call "fouls" nowadays anyway.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                    Whoa now. GB I love ya but drop Illinois and Wisky off that list. It's a three horse race b/w Sparty, the Loosiers, and the Seeds. With Wiksy and Illinois behind them.

You lose your whole friggin team in Tucker and Taylor. You'll be solid next year but not very good.
                    Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                    Like I said, Wisky will be solid. But they won't be competing for the Big 10 title.
                    What was that sweetness? :D

Comment

• Dookies lose and the Illini win, what a great night! :D

Oh and GB, I don't think anyone could've sanely predicted Wisky would be this good. Credit to Bo and his staff for the team they put out this year. And yes I was wrong....:D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                        Indeed. They're choke artists but Kansas is a very well balanced team.
                        Yeah, this is a huge problem...I'm thinking that since past seasons play such a large role in the current season, that we should have a 4-team tourney with the four most successful programs...something like this:

UK vs. UCLA
                        KU vs. UNC

Thoughts...it would really eliminate the teams that have not been successful, and continue to not be successful like Xavier and Drake...

Oh wait...

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                        Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                          wait who did not score?
                          Chase Buford (10 char.)

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                            KU should just get it over with and join the NBA. They're too good for college basketball.
                            Quit crying seriously...just because you couldn't bring any valid points as to why Kansas wasn't the top team in the nation, you revert this...tis sad

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I dont get why you feel the need to keep declaring Kansas is the best team in the country. It really and truly does not matter at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                                I dont get why you feel the need to keep declaring Kansas is the best team in the country. It really and truly does not matter at this point.
                                Name the last time I did...it was when myself and etk were debating...

It was almost two weeks ago

What should I restrain my opinions on a message boards? Isn't that what they are for?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information