College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
    I just watched a story on the BTN about DJ White...he seems like a stand up guy, and I like the fact that he stuck around for 4 years (not that he had a lot of other options)...where in the draft will he go, does anyone have a good estimate?

I hate Indiana, but I love to see players that really seem to care about their universities and appreciate the opportunities they were given.

I know some people don't like him, but I think he's going to be a good player in the NBA, he has great touch around the basket, but obviously he's also very strong and can finish through contact, along with being a great rebounder. I see him being a Paul Milsap type player.
    Last edited by yo123; 03-11-2008, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• Keno Davis wins Sporting News Coach of the Year
      http://www.drake.edu/news/db/officia...p?article=2832

well deserved, IMO

Comment

• UK had SEC co-coach of the year (Gillispie), co-freshman of the year (Patterson), 1st team Ramel Bradley, 2nd team Crawford (he got screwed... First team player no doubt) and Patterson.

Ramel Bradley all-defensive team (Ramon Harris > JaJuan Smith)

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
          UK had SEC co-coach of the year (Gillispie), co-freshman of the year (Patterson), 1st team Ramel Bradley, 2nd team Crawford (he got screwed... First team player no doubt) and Patterson.

Ramel Bradley all-defensive team (Ramon Harris > JaJuan Smith)
          If Jajuan Smith could be consistent he'd average 25 a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
            If Jajuan Smith could be consistent he'd average 25 a game.
            Agreed, he'd be an NBA guy no doubt if the consistancy is there.

I just don't see how he got on the all defensive team over Harris. Harris is our best defender and one of the best perimeter defenders in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
              We lost to Providence again....haha.
              Oh right..I tried to block that from my memory, ugh.

Still, I think the fact we destroyed Cinci should equalize that loss. Maybe it's just me.

I suppose it really doesn't matter anyways, though.
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                Oh right..I tried to block that from my memory, ugh.

Still, I think the fact we destroyed Cinci should equalize that loss. Maybe it's just me.

I suppose it really doesn't matter anyways, though.
                I don't. 2 double-digit losses to Providence show a clear weakness in our team. Plus losing to one mediocre team and crushing a decent team don't really even themselves out in college sports, where the good teams are expected to win most of their games. I think the voters were blinded by our huge win and forgot about the loss, hence why we barely dropped.

Yeah, what matters is the Big East tourney.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Boeheim is losing it, two NIT appearances in two years. I know they lost two good players but if he was the premier coach some make him out to be, that wouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Boeheim is losing it, two NIT appearances in two years. I know they lost two good players but if he was the premier coach some make him out to be, that wouldn't be a problem.
                    The fact that Syracuse performed this well this season is due to his great coaching. This was suppose to be a year where they take their bumps and bruises but they managed to get themselves on the bubble and a shot to make the tourney with a win today but fell short

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Any premier coach should never be in the situation to be in two straight NIT's, NEVER. A premier college coach gets depth, coaches them up and they're ready to come in with injuries. No doubt he had a rough go of things but they play poor defense and late in the game Greene/Flynn just put up some terrible shots.

Comment

Any premier coach should never be in the situation to be in two straight NIT's, NEVER. A premier college coach gets depth, coaches them up and they're ready to come in with injuries. No doubt he had a rough go of things but they play poor defense and late in the game Greene/Flynn just put up some terrible shots.
                        In Beheim's defense though, 'Cuse should've made the tournament last year and were one game away this year with a very young team. Now if next year they don't compete for the Big East title and struggle to make the tourney then there's a problem.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• wvu will be in the tourney

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                            In Beheim's defense though, 'Cuse should've made the tournament last year and were one game away this year with a very young team. Now if next year they don't compete for the Big East title and struggle to make the tourney then there's a problem.
                            I can appreciate that. I do agree they should've been in last year. While Green/Flynn may make some pretty bad decisions at times (they're freshman) they also show flashes were they're just amazing.

Comment

• Well, MTSU didn't make the tourney. I really hate WKU.

Comment

• well atleast you still have Tenn in the tourny

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information