Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    When was it at a graceful position? ;)
    I'd say their ability to get teams to the final four year in and year out still places them in a graceful position...we may not have the flashy or fun teams, but generally we get it done, no matter how "down" we have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
      I'd say their ability to get teams to the final four year in and year out still places them in a graceful position...we may not have the flashy or fun teams, but generally we get it done, no matter how "down" we have been.
      Miss the wink brah?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
        Miss the wink brah?
        Indeed I actually did, my fault...but I just looked it up, in the past 10 years the Big Ten has had 9 teams in the Final Four, so people that say the Big Ten can't compete against the other conferences really has no historical precedent. People can say what they want about our teams being to slow in football and basketball, but the fact remains that even if we lost two championships in a row in football, we still get to the champsionships in both sports.

Our teams just aren't very TV friendly, thats why they don't get the necessary respect by the media. I'd rather win ugly and play solid defense than play high flying offense that can be shut down if your best shooter is cold and end up 20-12 or something.

Comment

• a win is a win.. you gotta be impressed with holding a team to 34 points

this pic is raw

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• If Tennessee loses this game I will be pissed.

Comment

• Glad to see us pull that out. Weird way to end it though.

Comment

• Does anyone think we'll see a mid major make some serious noise in this year's tournament? I think the mid major's are much weaker this year than in recent years. I think Davidson has a good shot at making it to the Sweet 16 though with their guard play. Steven Curry is top 5 in the nation in scoring and their PG is leading the nation in assists.

Of course it all depends on seeding

Comment

• Ahhh... Terrible final out of bounds play by SC, surely they could've done better than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                    Glad to see us pull that out. Weird way to end it though.
                    Cant say I'm happy to see them pull it out, pretty indifferent actually. But I think they may have gotten away with a push at the end of the game. Either way, Lofton...clutch.

Comment

• That game was so difficult to watch, I didn't bother catching the whole thing. We shot like 21%.

Comment

Indeed I actually did, my fault...but I just looked it up, in the past 10 years the Big Ten has had 9 teams in the Final Four, so people that say the Big Ten can't compete against the other conferences really has no historical precedent. People can say what they want about our teams being to slow in football and basketball, but the fact remains that even if we lost two championships in a row in football, we still get to the champsionships in both sports.

Our teams just aren't very TV friendly, thats why they don't get the necessary respect by the media. I'd rather win ugly and play solid defense than play high flying offense that can be shut down if your best shooter is cold and end up 20-12 or something.
                        Eh, the Big 10 is pretty bad. UK is a very defensive minded team but good lord, we can manage to score out of the 40's every night.

The Big 10 teams that have made an impact have been the ones that stray away from the typical Big 10 style of play (Illinois and Ohio St.). Lately, excluding those two they haven't done jack without Izzo making it there so often.

Comment

• And I forgot what a powerhouse Kentucky has been recently, if you're going to bring up a good defensive team that is better than the Big Ten teams, at least bring up one with some success. And how did Ohio State stray away from Big Ten basketball last year. They revolved around Oden's defensive presence and playing a methodical half-court offense.

You can say what you want about teams like Memphis and Tennessee, with their high flying offenses, but the tournament success in the past seems to weigh heavily in favor of teams that play good defense and play half court offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                            That game was so difficult to watch, I didn't bother catching the whole thing. We shot like 21%.

You guys made 6 three pointers, 4 two pointers, and 8 free throws...thats unreal.

Comment

And I forgot what a powerhouse Kentucky has been recently, if you're going to bring up a good defensive team that is better than the Big Ten teams, at least bring up one with some success. And how did Ohio State stray away from Big Ten basketball last year. They revolved around Oden's defensive presence and playing a methodical half-court offense.

You can say what you want about teams like Memphis and Tennessee, with their high flying offenses, but the tournament success in the past seems to weigh heavily in favor of teams that play good defense and play half court offense.
                              I agree completely that defense wins in the tourney... But there's ZERO efficiency in Big 10 offenses. They're just plain bad. OSU didn't run but they were VERY efficient and actually had direction.

You won't hear me saying UT/Memphis are going to the final four, I highly doubt it happens. It's just you need to play D AND have an efficient offense with several scorers that can keep you out of long scoring droughts.

Many of the Big 10 teams are the opposite of Memphis/UT, there needs to be balance... Like a Bill Self team (yeah, I know, he blows in the tournament).

Comment

• Colorado hanging tough with Oklahoma

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information