No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The officiating in the Big Ten tourny has been AWFUL. First Bo Ryan gets a technical for yelling at Brian Butch (his own player) and then a Foward for OSU gets a Technical for yelling "OH NO." I think some of these refs have their panties in a bunch.

Comment

• That technical on the OSU guy was TERRIBLE... This game would be a little closer without it. Wouldn't want to be an OSU fan on selection Sunday. I'd like to see a Purdue/Wisconsin matchup in the B10 finals.

Vandy-Arkansas looking to be a good one. I like watching Vandy play, I think they'll do some damage in the tournament again. I like Arkansas and their fans but I'd really like to see a UT/Vandy matchup again.

Comment

• Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
        Indeed I actually did, my fault...but I just looked it up, in the past 10 years the Big Ten has had 9 teams in the Final Four, so people that say the Big Ten can't compete against the other conferences really has no historical precedent. People can say what they want about our teams being to slow in football and basketball, but the fact remains that even if we lost two championships in a row in football, we still get to the champsionships in both sports.
        Just because I need to...How does the big 10 usually do in the ACC big ten challenge.....?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• good job by Colorado and Richard Roby nice try boys

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            Just because I need to...How does the big 10 usually do in the ACC big ten challenge.....?
            Nobody likes a wisea$$...haha

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
              Does anyone think we'll see a mid major make some serious noise in this year's tournament? I think the mid major's are much weaker this year than in recent years. I think Davidson has a good shot at making it to the Sweet 16 though with their guard play. Steven Curry is top 5 in the nation in scoring and their PG is leading the nation in assists.

Of course it all depends on seeding
              Drake, Xavier, Butler, and BYU have real good shots at making the sweet 16. Davidson, Gonzaga, and Saint Mary's should win a game. Illinois State, George Mason and Western Kentucky, IMO are most likely to provide a first round upset among mid-majors.

I think Illinois State is in now because of the fact that no bubble teams are winning. I would say every "bracketologist" or expert on the field not named Andy Katz have said that ISU would be in.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Courtney Lee for Western Kentucky is a BEAST. Xavier has a chance to make a run, they're so balanced.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                  Drake, Xavier, Butler, and BYU have real good shots at making the sweet 16. Davidson, Gonzaga, and Saint Mary's should win a game. Illinois State, George Mason and Western Kentucky, IMO are most likely to provide a first round upset among mid-majors.

I think Illinois State is in now because of the fact that no bubble teams are winning. I would say every "bracketologist" or expert on the field not named Andy Katz have said that ISU would be in.
                  I'm happy for them...How do you guys like Jank...He was really a great assistant at KU

After really playing horribly to NU, KU has turned it on this half

32-29 KU with 17:00 left to go in the 2nd

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                  Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• If Alabama beats Mississippi St. they could very easily find themselves in the SEC finals. UK doesn't match up well with them (Hendrix is a BEAST, we have no one to really match his size) and UGA would surely be about out of steam if they manage to beat us.

Bama 36 - MSU 29 at half

Comment

• i think it's gonna be G'Town Vs. Pittsburgh tomorrow for the Big East title

Comment

• these refs suck; call nothing on gtown; havent all year

it doesnt help that our players have been playing for belien for 3 years and are a bunch of pansies and fold when teams get physical

huggins players cant get here soon enough

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• I LOVE Bill Raftery...

SEND IT IN JOE!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DotSO6957qU

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post

- I have a feeling Illinois will shock Purdue tomorrow...I don't usually predict wins for my team but I think it'll happen, we're kinda good on neutral floors this season. If it doesn't I'll be happy to eat some crow tomorrow night.
                            ;)

Illinois wins 74-67 over #2 ranked Purdue. Next up, either Minnesota or Indiana. I'd rather play the Gophers in terms of being able to win but part of me really, really wants the Hoosiers one more time.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                              these refs suck; call nothing on gtown; havent all year

it doesnt help that our players have been playing for belien for 3 years and are a bunch of pansies and fold when teams get physical

huggins players cant get here soon enough
                              Georgetown is taking it to the Mountaineers tonight, looks like WVU is a bit gassed and Alexander has been ice cold. They go as he goes. Credit the Hoyas, although I still think they have some serious flaws.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                                I'm happy for them...How do you guys like Jank...He was really a great assistant at KU
                                He has revitalized the program to a place where it was in the late 90's. The offense is run so similarly to Kansas'. He recruited well in his first year getting a 3-star Jeremy Robinson, 2 star Kenyon Smith (From Simeon, he backed up Derrick Rose last year), and a guy apparently his staff knew of from Kansas Ty Modupe.

The fans have really acclimated towards him. Although, I have a feeling within 5 years he could leave for a BCS conference.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information