No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a finish to regulation on Bama-MSU.

Bama inbounds with 2 seconds left down 3, Mykal Riley puts up a three... It rattles on both sides, hits the backboard and goes down.

To OT we go, UK game will have to wait, damnit.

Comment

• Damn, tornado warning in downtown Atlanta... Top of the Georgia Dome is moving, game play has stopped and debris is dropping... This is crazy.

Picture is bad, teams have left the floor and you can hear the rumbling of the things up top moving.

EDIT: Part of the skin on the side panels are pulled off.. They keep talking about the rumbling, thinking it might have been a tornado or crazy winds.. Wondering what will happen with the UK game at this point. There's like 3 minutes left in OT of the MSU-Bama game.
      Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 03-14-2008, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• St. Joe's beats Xavier again! One more and they take the A10, I'm hoping for a rubber match with Temple.

Comment

• Atlanta Police are confirming a tornado hit... Crazy.

Comment

• Today has featured some upsets: Arkansas beat Vandy, Illinois beat Purdue, and St. Joe's beat Xavier

Minnesota is currently leading against Indiana and USC leads UCLA at halftime

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              Georgetown is taking it to the Mountaineers tonight, looks like WVU is a bit gassed and Alexander has been ice cold. They go as he goes. Credit the Hoyas, although I still think they have some serious flaws.
              Every team has flaws but Georgetown has few, first off they are arguably the best defensive team in the country. Next they are one of the most efficient offenses in the country, people still can't stop their backdoor cuts. Roy Hibbert is an elite college bigman who you run your offense through with his great passing ability. They have serious 3 point threats in Jonathan Wallace, Jessie Sapp, Dajuan Summers, Chris Wright, Austin Freeman and even Pat Ewing. They have those super hustle athletic guys like Ewing and Macklin and incredible steady guard play. I think they are very underrated if anything. They are my current pick to make the title game.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• If UK wins tonight (we'll tip off at about 11:30 probably) we'd play 3 freaking games in 36 hours... We're screwed.

Some funny quotes coming out of the tornado/wind scare...

"It was strange. My initial thought was the Kentucky people were stomping their feet above us," Georgia athletics director Damon Evans said.
                Gillispie kept his cool throughout.

"Kind of scary, isn't it?" he said, as fans began to leave their seats.

Later, he quipped, "I thought it was just the Kentucky fans coming in."
                lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                  Every team has flaws but Georgetown has few, first off they are arguably the best defensive team in the country. Next they are one of the most efficient offenses in the country, people still can't stop their backdoor cuts. Roy Hibbert is an elite college bigman who you run your offense through with his great passing ability. They have serious 3 point threats in Jonathan Wallace, Jessie Sapp, Dajuan Summers, Chris Wright, Austin Freeman and even Pat Ewing. They have those super hustle athletic guys like Ewing and Macklin and incredible steady guard play. I think they are very underrated if anything. They are my current pick to make the title game.
                  I'm not arguing they aren't a talented bunch, nor am I arguing that they aren't a darn good team. I'm arguing that they fall asleep and have a great chance of being upset. Hibbert from what I've seen this year has not progressed as much as people had thought he would. Guard play for them is good, but again they are very, very inconsistent.

Now I know they're your boys, but come on man. I'll stop posting on this board for a month if they make the title game. I'd take 8 or 9 teams over them right now. They're going to face a team that will run them up and down the floor, or they're going to face a team that has an answer for Hibbert inside.

My Final 4 as of right now is North Carolina, Tennessee (gulp), UCLA, and Kansas (double gulp). That'll probably chance come Sunday but right now those are my 4, and I've got UCLA and UNC in the Title Game.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                  Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• What an ugly game for Marquette. I mean damn. They played terrible tonight. That is the problem with this team. When they're on they can play with the best teams in the country, but then they have these let down games too often. 4 out of 5 starters didn't score at all in the first half, more turn overs in the first half than our season average for an entire game, Jerel McNeal (the one starter that did score and was our whole offense for most of the game) was deep in foul trouble with 3 of them coming as charges, Dominic James goes 0 for his first 11, no field goal attempts from either of our centers, just horrible. This team has the talent and depth to be a Final Four team. With the uncertainty of how they'll preform on any given night though sweet sixteen is the farthest I can see them going and I wouldn't put them past the second round when filling out your brackett.

Comment

• Anyone think OSU still has a shot? They did lose to MSU, but that was only after beating ranked teams in Purdue and MSU going into the tournament, with a strong showing against MSU despite the loss. I dunno, they wouldn't have much of a shot, but I'd love for Koufus and Turner to get some tournament experience for next year...

Comment

• Minnesota Gophers upset Indiana to move on in the Big Ten tourney! Play Illinois tomorrow for a chance to get to the Big Ten tourney Finals

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                          Minnesota Gophers upset Indiana to move on in the Big Ten tourney! Play Illinois tomorrow for a chance to get to the Big Ten tourney Finals

Blake Hoffarber>sex. Amazing game ending play. In a way its nice that we're playing the 10 seed in the semifinals, but we have laid eggs in both games against the Illini this year. Hopefully we come to play this time.
                          Last edited by yo123; 03-15-2008, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• I think I'd actually rather play Purdue. Illinois has owned us this year for whatever reason.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• SEC tournament is being moved to GA Tech's arena... Seats a whole 9,191. They reported over 20k UK fans alone at the GA dome, tickets supposedly first come-first serve, it is going to be an absolute mess. UK apparently will play at 12 then possibly again at 9 pm.

I'd just assume they cancel this, it'd be an absolute mess if they do it the way they're talking. 3:46 AM and they're still not sure what they're going to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                I think I'd actually rather play Purdue. Illinois has owned us this year for whatever reason.
                                It's hard to beat a team three times in one year when you've got two teams like Minnesota and Illinois. It's kinda cool as a student of Minnesota and a fan of the Badgers to possibly see a Minnesota/Wisconsin matchup for the Big Ten Tournament Title

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information