No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan's embarrassing loss yesterday hurts so much less after watching Drew Nietzel choke away today's game against Wisconsin.

Comment

• I'm loving Clemson...they've got such a tenacious defense with this press on Duke. Duke just happens to be a great shooting team but I like my chances on Clemson going pretty far in the big tourny.

And how did Nietzel choke the game away? If anything, he was the sole reason M. St. was in it, he was far and away the game's most dominant scorer...
      Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
        And how did Nietzel choke the game away? If anything, he was the sole reason M. St. was in it, he was far and away the game's most dominant scorer...
        The first 17 shots don't mean anything when you can't make the last shot. He kept them in it, but couldn't make the shot that Michigan State needed him to the most. That is choking.

Comment

• Well the Gophers look like a turd, but at least I'll get to see my Zips take down Kent State tonight.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
            The first 17 shots don't mean anything when you can't make the last shot. He kept them in it, but couldn't make the shot that Michigan State needed him to the most. That is choking.
            Ok, I agree that by that evaluation it's choking, but when you say "choked it away" as in he threw it away and was the reason they lost, well that's not a fair assessment, because without those first 17 shots, he wouldn't have been in the situation to choke in the first place. He played extremely well and just unfortunately couldn't hit the last shot to win it for them, I didn't see anyone else step up and say they could have done a better job though.
            Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
              I've never quite understood the Kansas- Illinois feud...Is it simply because we signed Bill Self?
              the IL KS feud is because of Bill self, and also that coach Self recruits all the good players from chicago and gets them to go to Kansas and gets them not to go to Illinois. That is what the feud is from. there are a bunch of players from Illinois that play on Kansas.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwillie26 View Post
                What else could they do? They cannot wait on repairs. You want them not to have a championship game this year? What if you are Georgia, you want to take that opportunity away from those kids on a championship and possible NCAA appearance the only way they possibly can get it?

Stuff happens you cannot foresee sometimes and you have to make do with what you have available.
                Did I say I wanted them to do something else? Just said it was a mess, which is what it was. In terms of the games I'm glad they situated it the way they did.

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                Well that's just dumb then
                Gillispie (as well as the rest of us) were under the impression that it was a simple goal tend if you did, which would result in 1 point for UGA and we get to inbound the ball. This team has had a lot of success with getting shots off inbound plays, I was hoping the shot would go in then when I saw Stevenson do that I thought it was brilliant... Didn't realize it was a technical.

Ramel Bradley also got freight trained on a foul (well, wasn't called) with 1.2 seconds and us down 1... Again, brilliant play by Gillispie, the talking heads on ESPN are calling out the officials for not calling it. Would've put the SEC's best free throw shooter on the line with 2 chances to tie it up.

It was a weird day, weird game, just an odd situation given what happened last night. To be honest, I hate that Joe/Ramel didn't get the SEC championship they wanted but I'd rather lose this and get a 10/11 seed than lose tonight and get another freaking 8/9 seed.

Comment

• and...Clemson finally starts hitting their free throws. They have a very good shot against UNC.

Comment

• It looks like Illinois is going to be playing Wisconsin in the Final tomorrow...Assuming the Badgers win I think they deserve a 2 seed

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                      It looks like Illinois is going to be playing Wisconsin in the Final tomorrow...Assuming the Badgers win I think they deserve a 2 seed
                      I have a hard time imaging them getting a 2 seed over Kansas, Texas, Duke, Georgetown, and Stanford

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

I have a hard time imaging them getting a 2 seed over Kansas, Texas, Duke, Georgetown, and Stanford
                        They would have won the Big Ten regular season and tourney with just two conference losses and non-conference losses are Duke and Marquette...just no love for the badgers

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I can see them getting it over Duke now...I don't necessarily think it will happen, but I wouldn't be shocked

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                            They would have won the Big Ten regular season and tourney with just two conference losses and non-conference losses are Duke and Marquette...just no love for the badgers
                            Which conference is this again? The Big 10...I'm just inot mpressed by Wisky beating Michigan, an overrated Mich St. team, and Illinois, but I think they're a lock for a #3 seed

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                            Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Today's game is just further proof why Duke won't make it past the sweet 16 once again, they are just an average team. They live by the three pointer, no inside play, their guards aren't even that good in comparison to so many other teams. The only reason Duke wins is because they have mastered the art of winning the officiating.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• live by the 3 die by the 3 I'm so happy they lost though

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information