College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
    FYI Tyler Hansbrough is the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!! Kid is such a badass.

Aww Duke lost too how sad :)
    I hate anyone that inhabits the state of North Carolina...esp. Hansbrough and the UNC/Duke basketball teams

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• I dislike UNC but Hansbrough is what a college player should be in my eyes, I would love him to be on our team... Really hate the ESPN lovefest with him. I like Patrick Patterson so much because he has a lot of the same qualities.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
        Seeing the no call against UK is killing me... If we don't make the tournament because of these circumstances I'll implode.
        Well on the bright side you'd probably lose in the 1st round anyway. *Thumbs up*

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
          Tripple OT for Boise State-New Mexico State.
          I have to hand it to Larry and Nelson. They were impressive for Boise State. The game even being on our home floor didnt stop them. Free throws can really make the difference between a good team and a bad one. I cant complain too much since both teams missed their fair shair of free throws. It seemed like the teams had better percentage from the 3 point line than they did at the free throw line. Although it sucked that NMSU lost, it was probably the greatest game I have ever been to.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            Well on the bright side you'd probably lose in the 1st round anyway. *Thumbs up*
            Not.

How many UK games have you watched in the last month and a half? Zero?

This is the most capable UK team of making a run since 2005, without a doubt. We had no chance the past two seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
              For a top two seed, no.

Tennessee
              Losses: Texas, Vandy, Kentucky, Arkansas
              Top 5 wins: Memphis, Xavier, Vandy, Gonzaga, West Virginia

Take away the Memphis game and that's not very impressive.
              All 4 of their losses came to tourney teams, and all of those losses weren't home games.

You can't take away the memphis game because it happened. Xavier, Gonzaga, and WVU were away games. Their strength of schedule and RPI are extremely high. They are the SEC regular season champs, and won all of their home games. That is impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                Did I say I wanted them to do something else? Just said it was a mess, which is what it was. In terms of the games I'm glad they situated it the way they did.
                Uh, yes ..

"I'd assume they just cancel this ..."

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                Not.

How many UK games have you watched in the last month and a half? Zero?

This is the most capable UK team of making a run since 2005, without a doubt. We had no chance the past two seasons.
                Dude, you are 2-2 since the Patterson injury.

This isn't even mentioning you have played garbage teams to even get in the discussion of going to the tourney.

Since you have went on your little run of 11-3 since January 22, the average RPI of the teams you have beaten is ..

Of those 11 wins, 7 have came at the expense of teams with an RPI lower than 108. Georgia only keeps that rating alot higher than it should thanks to their play over the past three days. They improved their RPI 27 spots with their play today alone.

If you want the exact RPI of those 7 teams ..

Georgia: 108 x 2 (two wins)
                South Carolina: 138 x 2 (two wins)
                Auburn: 153
                Alabama: 113
                LSU: 172

Your out of conference SOS was 211 and your RPI was 99. You finished 6-7 over that span.

You don't even want me to bring up your road record, where your highest quality win is over Florida, who only has an RPI of 72 and will likely not even make the tourney. The next highest is at 108 and that is Georgia.

Honestly, Kentucky has no business in the tourney.
                Last edited by bwillie26; 03-16-2008, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                  All 4 of their losses came to tourney teams, and all of those losses weren't home games.

You can't take away the memphis game because it happened. Xavier, Gonzaga, and WVU were away games. Their strength of schedule and RPI are extremely high. They are the SEC regular season champs, and won all of their home games. That is impressive.
                  Yeah, Tennessee should still get a #1 seed somewhere. Even after their loss today, they still have the #1 RPI and SOS. They should hold onto the #1 SOS, but they may lose the #1 RPI to UNC if they can defeat Clemson tomorrow.

Kansas has the #7 RPI and #59 SOS, so it will be tough for them to pull themselves up. However, Texas has the #5 RPI and #5 SOS. Realistically, if Texas wins tomorrow, they have a damm good argument for being a #1 seed

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                    What does this mean if G-Town looses? If they loose, I think any chance of them possibly sneaking into the Final Four goes right out the door...

At the same time, I think the win will make Pitt a very likely candidate to be a surprise team and make it to the elite 8 possible...when they're on, they're on.
                    I'm not sure how Gtown's loss takes away their title contention, they will still be a 3 seed so there isn't much difference between a 2 and 3 seed. Hard to judge a game when Hibbert had 4 fouls, Summers and Rivers fouled out, Ewing had 4 fouls, Chris Wright had 3, and Jonathan Wallace, Jesse Sapp, Austin Freeman, and Vernon Macklin all had 2.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                      What does this mean if G-Town looses? If they loose, I think any chance of them possibly sneaking into the Final Four goes right out the door...

At the same time, I think the win will make Pitt a very likely candidate to be a surprise team and make it to the elite 8 possible...when they're on, they're on.
                      One o in lose. Loose means the opposite of tight. Lose is the opposite of win. Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

Anyways, to answer your question, they can easily still make the Final Four. That's if Hibbert finds a way to fix his consistency issues. There's no way an All-America candidate at 7'2 should ever get 0 points in a game. That's embarrassing.

Pitt could make the Final Four or they could lose in the first round and I wouldn't be shocked either way. They're very streaky.

Comment

One o in lose. Loose means the opposite of tight. Lose is the opposite of win. Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

Anyways, to answer your question, they can easily still make the Final Four. That's if Hibbert finds a way to fix his consistency issues. There's no way an All-America candidate at 7'2 should ever get 0 points in a game. That's embarrassing.

Pitt could make the Final Four or they could lose in the first round and I wouldn't be shocked either way. They're very streaky.
                        I think this and Ghetto's post's were fair statements...I guess the key to Georgetown will be consistency, because on paper they are extremely talented and on paper perhaps they too are deserving of a #1 seed (as I said with Texas) due to their depth and overall great play, but they are extremely inconsistent and that could hurt them.
                        Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

His problem really is foul trouble, because when he gets his touches he'll score 75% of the time, problem is that he is always in foul trouble and isn't on the court, because I have never seen him play bad when he's in the game. A lot of fouls on him are bs though, he'll have his arms straight up and the offensive player will jump into him and fall hard and it will be a foul, he can't help it if he's big.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                            His problem really is foul trouble, because when he gets his touches he'll score 75% of the time, problem is that he is always in foul trouble and isn't on the court, because I have never seen him play bad when he's in the game. A lot of fouls on him are bs though, he'll have his arms straight up and the offensive player will jump into him and fall hard and it will be a foul, he can't help it if he's big.
                            You're so wise. Like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair...

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/champw...ory?id=3295648

Like I've been saying the Big 12 championship results don't matter...I think Kansas will a #1 seed

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                              Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                                http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/champw...ory?id=3295648

Like I've been saying the Big 12 championship results don't matter...I think Kansas will a #1 seed
                                They have the same 13-3 conference record and the record's are extremely close (Kansas is 28-3 and Texas 26-5, not including Big 12 Tourny games...I don't think this should decide anything)

Texas big wins: Tennessee, UCLA (when they were 1), Saint Mary's, Kansas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma twice

Texas big losses: MSU (10), Wisconsin, Texas A&M (23), and TT

Kansas big wins: Arizona, USC, Kansas St., Oklahoma, and TT

Kansas big losses: Kansas St., Texas, OSU

Clearly, Texas has had some much bigger wins than Kansas, including one OVER KANSAS. If anything, I think Texas should be guaranteed the number 1 seed regardless of this championship game, and not Kansas, but that's not the case, so I do think whoever wins the game should be the #1 seed.
                                Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information